BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sir Alex Ferguson

31 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope he hangs in their. If you thought the Wenger saga was drawn out the United lot would turn this into a frenzy.

I must admit that on seeing this news I immediately thought the same.

Get well soon Sir Alex. Sincerely hope so.

Bet people have made jokes already about Wenger slipping something in Ferguson's wine. Heard some people mention this on way back from game. It was followed by a brief "jelly and ice cream" chant and no I wasn't callous enough to join in. 

This guy was/is a fantastic manager - no matter how anyone feels about him. One of the very best of all time in fact (if not the best).

Would be a sad loss to the world of football - hang in their Alex, lets hope there is 7 minutes (years) of extra time to be played !

Well I don't really know much about his family other than his wife has no interest in football, son's an average manager/wifebeater and another was/is an agent. Obviously yes he was a very successful manager though the endless eulogising gets tiresome with media United bias and all. Deserves more sympathy than George Best though whatever happens. 

football forum or not, some of the back handed well wishers above should be ashamed of themselves.

Easily one of the greatest and most influential Managers of the past 50 years and a real strong personality(unlike most of the bland non entities in football these days) whether you like him or not.

(and no! im not a man u fan)

Didn't care much for Fergie as a person but his ability and success as a manager are undoubted and second to none.

This is a very serious condition and Fergie's recovery will be very slow and uncertain.  Personally, known three people who suffered brain trauma and sadly two didn't make it.  Wish him a successful recovery and thoughts are with his family at what will be a devastating time.

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

football forum or not, some of the back handed well wishers above should be ashamed of themselves.

Easily one of the greatest and most influential Managers of the past 50 years and a real strong personality(unlike most of the bland non entities in football these days) whether you like him or not.

(and no! im not a man u fan)

I don't think anyone here is less than 100% sincere in their hopes that he recovers. As I said it's not about football rivalry at this time

One of the few managers to speak out in support of Rovers when the agents were at work stripping the club (even though it may really have been in support of Allardyce) Regardless, he really was a proper football man as someone else said, old school and a winner. Hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

3 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well I don't really know much about his family other than his wife has no interest in football, son's an average manager/wifebeater and another was/is an agent. Obviously yes he was a very successful manager though the endless eulogising gets tiresome with media United bias and all. Deserves more sympathy than George Best though whatever happens. 

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Except Guardiola.

3 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Jesus only you would turn something like this into some weird anti united waffle. Why not just wish the guy well? If he's in a serious condition then let's hope he pulls through. Whether he's sir Alex or big Dave who runs the local Sunday league team everyone has a family that could potentially be left behind. All the best SAF x

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

One of the few managers to speak out in support of Rovers when the agents were at work stripping the club (even though it may really have been in support of Allardyce) Regardless, he really was a proper football man as someone else said, old school and a winner. Hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

Defended Steve Kean too but apparently Coyle's the only one who did so.

To save time will just copy/paste this from elsewhere. By the way the last post that criticised me to get so many likes was after I attacked Dave Whelan for supporting FUP. Something which Ferguson's club was instrumental in supporting and no doubt would have used to combat Jack had he won more league titles. Why should I forget about this? This club even got a transfer ban isn't that more damaging and worth being embittered about than some fans running on the pitch? Or Wigan's manager making disparaging remarks (Whelan notably hasn't told him to stop) about Rovers. If it wasn't because of who he used to play for nobody would care. If I kept bringing up Cook people would be moaning.

When Dalglish managed this club he wasn't ranked below Ferguson in the list of top managers. More on a par at least certainly by 1994 when Ferguson won his 2nd title with Rovers and Dalglish the closest challenger. Abbey your signature pushes the boundaries of good taste though can see your point because it's Venkys. You pride yourself on not being a hypocrite (which in your case I believe it unlike some Rovers fans) but I'm not wishing Ferguson dead, ill, etc. In a strange way it wouldn't be the same without him but can't help thinking back to 2011 especially and the way he was looking up at the JW. Maybe I'm being paranoid but is it really a stretch to believe he was enjoying getting one over on Jack? 16 years to the day to Rovers title win as well don't tell me he wasn't thinking about it.

He made insulting remarks about Rovers. This is a guy who managed a town club in Aberdeen yet he never regarded them as inferior to Celtic/Rangers and unworthy of challenging them. Scottish football of course was slightly more competitive then (and Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in a final for goodness sake) but they didn't have the finances that Rovers had. The way he spoke of this club after Jack refused to sell Shearer to them (practically harassed Rovers that whole summer) was beyond disrespectful and a complete insult to everything Jack did. Don't rewrite history Yoda with this "soft spot" thing it's rubbish. As I've said he's made positive remarks about City, Liverpool, etc from time to time. He was patronising Wenger recently as well and that's what he does once people are no longer threats to him.

OK Jack outright said he was going to make "Man United look cheap". That's not a mythical quote it's accredited to the journalist Ian Ridley who heard it face to face. Maybe that was a bit of provocation (what with Liverpool having been dominant for so long and perhaps he didn't want to offend Dalglish assuming it was after his appointment) but if Jack didn't like someone he had damn good reason. Unlike Ferguson who's bullied countless people, issued bans, etc. 

Anyway I'm having a break from posting for the rest of the month so there's little point responding to something (this specific post at least if not the thread) I won't see for weeks.

Archived