SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

I know for a fact we're playing off 2 betting companies for the kit sponsor. A 2 year deal is on the table but Rovers are saying they've a 3 year deal provisionally agreed. That being the case it should be signed then the kits can get put on sale as the wait is costing money in lost sales - my guess is it's negotiation...and poor negotiation at that.

29 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I know for a fact we're playing off 2 betting companies for the kit sponsor. A 2 year deal is on the table but Rovers are saying they've a 3 year deal provisionally agreed. That being the case it should be signed then the kits can get put on sale as the wait is costing money in lost sales - my guess is it's negotiation...and poor negotiation at that.

I'm sure it could and should have been sorted out by now. They've known for a long time that Dafabet was coming to an end and even if waiting for promotion it is now 2 months and some since that was secured. I suppose having a commercial director would help but for some reason we don't need one. As you say we're now eating into the lucrative summer holidays season when people buy stuff to take on holiday and we've no idea on the new kit. So much for wanting to boost income.

Edited by JHRover

Speaking to a lad who claims to know everything about everything . Seriously he should be world leader with his vast knowledge but anyway according to him ..his sources tell him our away kit is navy blue with a white stripe down where the badge is with light blue outline    take that any way  you want to like but yeah thought I'd share haha

14 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Speaking to a lad who claims to know everything about everything . Seriously he should be world leader with his vast knowledge but anyway according to him ..his sources tell him our away kit is navy blue with a white stripe down where the badge is with light blue outline    take that any way  you want to like but yeah thought I'd share haha

Yuck. Blue away shirt = need a 3rd shirt so expect last season's to be worn at Ipswich, Birmingham, Wigan and Millwall. Sheffield Wednesday will probably be a hybrid kit to avoid a clash. Stupidity but honestly wouldn't surprise me as it fits with the training gear they've released.

Yeah all through the 90's/early 00's the home kit lasted two seasons.

From memory I think we have had a new home kit every season since 08/09?

At least that announcement will stop everyone panicking thinking we'll be starting the season in skins.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, Ricky said:

I remember us bucking the trend and moving to a new shirt every year but dropping the price of the shirt to £25. It was in the Lonsdale era I think.

Seems nowadays that we charge double prices and sell half quantities.

If we want crowds back we need to start selling to our market. I know a lot of people who won’t/can’t pay north of £30 for a shirt so the £40-£50 mark is well out of reach. £30-£40 is too much.

The feel good factor from last season doesn’t seem to have been leveraged at all as far as I can see. There has been no concession this season to those who stuck by the club by renewing at the start of L1 (let alone during the Kean era) - they don’t need to, these people will pay (almost) any price. Milk those cash cows! 

The next phase hasn’t been to entice people in, it has been to threaten them with a price increase. Kick those dogs - we don’t need them.

Now it’s about milking those cash cows again with the shirts.

Towards the end of last season I saw more people in Rovers shirts (old ones mind) that I had in years. All of those people should have been enticed with great ticket offers and low shirt prices. We should be looking to get bums on seats and generate more support to the team. Instead we will go back to a half full stand and disappearing shirts.

Even with a good start, who is paying our walk on prices - even with the 1875 con club? Another local sporting venue did the same thing. Raised prices and then “encouraged” people to become members of a club to “save” money. This both alienated the regulars and put off newcomers. Football clubs are not like other businesses and if Waggott thinks going after the pockets of the existing fans is the way forward then he is going to lose.

Reasonable shirt prices should be a priority. They are low cost material made in low cost labour factories. Increase market reach by keeping the price low and get as many local ‘football fans’ walking round in Rovers shirts and going to Ewood to get their football fix.

Opportunity missed. Again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

£44.99

Oh. Just hadn’t seen that announced anywhere, wondered if you might be jumping the gun.

Is a bit pricey tbh.

Although I might add that launching any in-demand product with a years’ shelf life at less than market rate would be equally questionable to me. Especially considering the “loyalty discount” that is club cash, promotions, stock clearance etc.

It is what it is and not unprecedented.

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Moderation Lead

Shirts had been £40 for years, which isn’t ideal, but it is what it is. Being over that is probably too much tbh, but I don’t think it’s outrageous money. 

However from a practical point of view, I never buy one as I wouldn’t wear one and you could get a decent polo shirt for that price that you could wear on other occasions...

• Like 1

On 7 July 2018 at 12:50, S8 & Blue said:

Ah but you wouldn’t doss around the house/mow the lawn/have a kick about with the kids in a nice Fred Perry would you?

Nah, I do that in my " Paul & Shark " polo's.

it's not the price that puts me off it's the design and the quality. We haven't had a decent shirt for years. The last one I considered worth buying was the " Uhlsport- CIS " shirt that I still wear.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nah, I do that in my " Paul & Shark " polo's.

it's not the price that puts me off it's the design and the quality. We haven't had a decent shirt for years. The last one I considered worth buying was the " Uhlsport- CIS " shirt that I still wear.

Ha1 I've still got that one too! My favourite was the one we wore when we first got promoted to the Premier League----a very dark blue which we haven't used since.

Much preferred that to the lighter, almost-City shade of blue.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2018 at 19:50, S8 & Blue said:

Ah but you wouldn’t doss around the house/mow the lawn/have a kick about with the kids in a nice Fred Perry would you?

I have done a few dirty jobs in my rovers kits over the years ; )