Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

10 hours ago, misterbigalow said:

They're not the kits, but someone on Facebook is saying that betuk.com will be our sponsors and they're also sponsoring Swansea

Just had a look on the Swansea site, you have the option of adding a logo of another of Leovegas recent company purchases 21.co.uk to their training gear (you have to pay for the addition), can't see many taking that option.Link

Wonder if the training gear at Rovers will have the same, if that particular company is the sponsor?

God I hate betting company logos. They make any jersey look cheap and tacky. I liked the Princes trust logo and if I remember correctly there was an option to buy the jersey without it? Terrible season that year, so bad memories ruin the kit. 

The whole thing about betting companies sponsoring sports is gone out of control. Jeff Stelling and Kammy plugging them on Sky sports all the time. It's a huge issue for people here, destroys families. It is only  a matter of time before it is viewed the same as cigarette companies sponsoring Formula 1. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Whatever happened to booze sponsors?

McCewans, Matthew Brown, Newcastle Brown Ale, Labatts, Holsten Pils, Coors, Carlsberg, Carling Premier League, Worthington Cup

I actually tried a McEwans when I saw it in a bar once in Ireland. It was a really dodgy bar and it still the only time I have seen McEwans lager for sale anywhere. 

I think they were banned from sponsoring sports teams and events. Strange when it is probably easier to put on a bet than get a drink for the impressionable youngsters who this rule is meant to protect. 

Well Rovers set themselves a deadline the other week by announcing that the home shirt would be available 'a day or two' before the Liverpool game. My interpretation of that is Wednesday at the very latest.

I don't understand how the date for getting it on sale can be so fluid.

Missing out on vital sales here. Sunny weather, folk going on holiday.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I actually tried a McEwans when I saw it in a bar once in Ireland. It was a really dodgy bar and it still the only time I have seen McEwans lager for sale anywhere. 

I think they were banned from sponsoring sports teams and events. Strange when it is probably easier to put on a bet than get a drink for the impressionable youngsters who this rule is meant to protect. 

Still come across McEwans now and again in pubs in Lancashire. Not very many but the odd one or two in Accy sell it.

To be honest if it isn't available to get delivered before Friday I will be going and giving Sports Direct 40 quid for a PSG or Barcelona kit for him, I'm sure many parents will be the same. Kids want a summer kit for holidays and most would be more than happy with a foreign one. Schools break up this week, Rovers really need to get it out asap.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You still can - Everton had Chang until 2017, the marketing budgets are obviously biggest in the gambling world...

Oh ya, thats true. I know Heineken were banned from sponsoring the European cup in rugby, so assumed there was something similar in football. Could be just that betting companies are paying the top dollar. 

How much is sponsorship worth to us every season does anyone know? 

2 hours ago, blackburn bhoy said:

The shirt is out tomorrow,I sent Umbro a email last week & they told me the official date,but would have expected rovers to at least reveal it before now 

Can’t see it being tomorrow. Why would the club minimise opening day sales by having zero advanced marketing?

I expect the club are still waiting for a confirmed date from the manufacturer.

Schools break up for holidays this week so if it’s not out by the weekend then that have missed s trick.

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You still can - Everton had Chang until 2017, the marketing budgets are obviously biggest in the gambling world...

Jesus I remember going to everton away one year, all they sold was Chang beer and it was absolutely rats. They'd ran out of beer by half time but I wasn't overly fussed. Awful beer :unsure:

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Perhaps pre match on Thursday there will be some sort of official launch at the club shop?

Really odd that there has been no teaser, no big reveal. No prior marketing of any sort.

Our media team used to be all over this.