New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

If true, we will need a 3rd kit.

For Birmingham, Ipswich, Milwall, QPR, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and West Bromwich

Which if used in all those games, along with Bolton, Preston and Wigan who all have lots of blue/white on their kits, means it wouldn't really be a 3rd kit. We'd have a home shirt and then 2 away shirts. We could wear our home shirt at Norwich, Forest, Villa, Middlesbrough, Bristol, meaning a navy away shirt would only really be any use at places like Sheffield United, Brentford, Derby and Stoke. Not worth it.

Also hope we don't start with wearing black/navy shorts with the home shirt at away games. Just looks silly yet seems to have become more and more common over the last few years where we turn up with dark blue shorts and paler blue shirts at away games.

Just now, Butty said:

That sponsor is absolutely horrendous.

Tom mentioned earlier that there does not seem to be  a set colour for the sponsors logo, looking at the website . social media etc he is right , so why they went with black instead of  dark blue to at least match the socks , who knows.

• Backroom

Whilst I like the core design of the shirt the colours of the sponsor and the numbering is off for me, can’t marry them up and find it jarring 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Which if used in all those games, along with Bolton, Preston and Wigan who all have lots of blue/white on their kits, means it wouldn't really be a 3rd kit. We'd have a home shirt and then 2 away shirts. We could wear our home shirt at Norwich, Forest, Villa, Middlesbrough, Bristol, meaning a navy away shirt would only really be any use at places like Sheffield United, Brentford, Derby and Stoke. Not worth it.

Also hope we don't start with wearing black/navy shorts with the home shirt at away games. Just looks silly yet seems to have become more and more common over the last few years where we turn up with dark blue shorts and paler blue shirts at away games.

Aye, always used to have an alternative blue pair of shorts...

1618504-768x673.jpg

Lets be honest there isn't very much that can be changed on a Rovers home shirt to keep interest up. If they kept the same shade of blue every year they'd be stuck messing about with the trim as their only option to try and boost sales. At least by varying the shade of blue they are trying to keep interest up and offer something different.

I've no problem with it, the pale blue Perspex kit is one of my all time favourites and one of the most pale blue shirts we've had.

Main thing is it is blue and white halves and I've no problem if every 4-5 years we throw a pale or sky blue one in there as a change.

Nothing to get upset about unlike Cardiff wearing red at home or Sheffield Wednesday/West Brom doing away with their stripes recently.

The sponsor is quite ugly and surely would have been better in blue rather than black, especially with the squad numbers in blue.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Whilst I like the core design of the shirt the colours of the sponsor and the numbering is off for me, can’t marry them up and find it jarring 

Honestly - I think it looks fantastic. Striking, different, modern & stylish. You'll get used to it!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Honestly - I think it looks fantastic. Striking, different, modern & stylish. You'll get used to it!

Oh I like it - just wish the numbers were same colour as sponsor, navy for both ideally

Have a feeling the away kit will tie in the sponsor nicely , it’s never easy on halved shirts but this one goes better than most 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're blue and white not white and off-white. Dark blue gives you the contrast and emphasises the halves.

A big NO from me.

Totally agree, a quite awful kit.

I would not buy a knock-off, not that we are in that market.

God only knows what the away is like, eye shattering is my fear.

Something else for the Dingles to laugh at. This time correctly

At least the haven't messed up our Club badge, the only decent thing still in that kit.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I know the history. Been there. Done it.

Have a look at which colour of blue dominates all our history, and on which side.

Woah big lad ..I was just posting a pic thats all ..as for  the been there done it comments ..you're not on your own on here you know!

If anyone is wanting printing on the back of a infant shirt it isn’t going to be easy! I’ve been told the mind logo is mandatory by the staff in the club shop which vastly reduces the space on the back of the shirt. 

I have spoken to the EFL who have told me that for retail sales the club can print without a mind logo. I’ll be heading back to the club shop later to try again!

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Woah big lad ..I was just posting a pic thats all ..as for  the been there done it comments ..you're not on your own on here you know!

True.

Blue has always been my favourite colour, apart from washed-out pale blues which I detest.

Still what's done is done and money saved.

Umbro Design Studio , Manchester February 2018

Art Director: Dave what are you doing   Dave : Nothing I have told you I want to design the City kit

AD: , Dave I've told you Nike took City with them when they cut us afloat, now do your work or you are sacked

Designer, S***, right what do you want me to do  AD: The new Blackburn kit  Dave : who?

AD: Blackburn Rovers  Dave: oh , yeah I remember them 

10 minutes later;

Ad: Dave you have done a Man City kit  - Dave: and?   AD: Look its got have white halves, its their tradition

Dave  : Ok here you are    AD: we do not have any diamond trim in that man city blue  Dave : Oh FFS

AD: Look we have a overstock of the trim colour that other clubs refused , bang that on -  Dave: Right done, IM off

AD: but Dave we need to match the numbers and letters  - Dave: Sorry, Im off down the pub ,let colourblind Bob do it

Don't be like Dave   :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1