BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darwen End Closure / New Singing Section

On 15/05/2018 at 08:50, rigger said:

Oldham, Wigan, Shrewsbury, Southend, Doncaster.

I suppose it depends on what you term as 'trouble'

I've not seen any (apart from reacting to aggression from away fans).

Keep the away fans in the ground.

Put them upstairs to negate the support

It's ridiculous that the club wants to give away the advantage of playing at home

1 hour ago, barry_ said:

I suppose it depends on what you term as 'trouble'

I've not seen any (apart from reacting to aggression from away fans).

Keep the away fans in the ground.

Put them upstairs to negate the support

It's ridiculous that the club wants to give away the advantage of playing at home

If you want to negate the away support give them the whole end and spread them out. In general groups of people do not give as much vocal support when spread out.

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you want to negate the away support give them the whole end and spread them out. In general groups of people do not give as much vocal support when spread out.

They’ll just sit together anyway. Or rather stand together.

On 14/05/2018 at 18:25, Paul said:

I’m sure everyone knows between the JW and DE stands there are large steel gates. I enter and exit through these gates for every game. 

We walk straight out of these gates, through the exiting away support, through the gated fencing towards exiting Rovers fans and in to car park B.

I have once, in all the seasons we’ve done this, seen a few Rovers kids taunting away support and once, possibly twice, this season had to walk through a police line.

If trouble at the back of the DE refers to outside the ground I’ve yet to see any. 

Oldham @ Ewood got a bit tasty

Not read the whole thread but was this decision run past the fans groups? 

The move certainly makes sense to anyone not impacted by the closure, unlike moving the family stand which for me was a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Not read the whole thread but was this decision run past the fans groups? 

The move certainly makes sense to anyone not impacted by the closure, unlike moving the family stand which for me was a disgrace. 

In a word NO

• Backroom
7 hours ago, JAL said:

Not if your booting my fellow fans out of the Darwen end far from it!

We are the Rovers ! The Darwen ends for Rovers!

You're only 10 days behind everyone else, well done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2018 at 18:00, BenRTID said:

Oldham @ Ewood got a bit tasty

What a stupid term from whoever first used it in that context.  Why would Rovers fans even bother reacting to Oldham Athletic supporters anyway assuming they were trying to instigate something?

Got no issue with the JW section (though I'm a bit surprised that the club are happy with it so close to the "family" section being "family club of the year" for what that's worth) though can't see much appeal in staring at away fans for 90 minutes. For some people that seems to be the attraction.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Is the end block that is usually netted off (apart from Oxford) going to be open too?

Guess so especially as those gawping at the away fans probably want to sit as close as possible. Obviously it's different with nets, etc when another section has been closed have to assume it won't be netted off anymore.

14 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Guess so especially as those gawping at the away fans probably want to sit as close as possible. Obviously it's different with nets, etc when another section has been closed have to assume it won't be netted off anymore.

I imagine H&S will insist on the corner of W01 being netted off.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If that’s the case won’t that will leave you with a very small area to create this zone before you start hitting existing ST holders?

The far corner of W01 is quite small and not great seats, I'd guess each block holds around 300-400 ish so that leaves the bigger part of W01 then W02 I don't think there are many season tickets in there, but I'm sure it would be fantastic if it was all pretty full....

At the Fans Forum on Tuesday Steve said he was going to meet a group of DE fans and he was bullish about finding a solution that would work for you. I think as long as any existing season ticket holders are looked after as well it could work out OK.

46 minutes ago, only2garners said:

At the Fans Forum on Tuesday Steve said he was going to meet a group of DE fans and he was bullish about finding a solution that would work for you. I think as long as any existing season ticket holders are looked after as well it could work out OK.

Steve was very positive and likes the idea, the club are going to promote this idea. He is aware of the need to find a solution that works for us all, fans from DE, those wishing to move into the JW lower and importantly those already in the JW lower. I think it could work out well for all concerned. Anything that improves the atmosphere and match day experience as got to be good for all Rovers fans.  

• Like 1

The Crystal Palace ultras or whatever they are called are probably the best known such group - they are based in a corner of their main home end - at the opposite side of the ground to the away support no less.

Why is it that you are so opposed to the Blackburn End, as N01 and N05 for example, had plenty of room last season...

Edited by Mattyblue