BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darwen End Closure / New Singing Section

Think it’s a shame that there is this bizarre Blackburn/Darwen End rivalry for some folk, just imagine a packed BBurn End every week, but it is what it is, I suppose.

Moving forward how are you/the club going to try and promote it, so it is more than a couple of hundred lads in there?

Will there be banners, flags etc?

11 hours ago, pk1875 said:

I imagine H&S will insist on the corner of W01 being netted off.

Easier to net off the end section of the Darwen End.

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Crystal Palace ultras or whatever they are called are probably the best known such group - they are based in a corner of their main home end - at the opposite side of the ground to the away support no less.

Why is it that you are so opposed to the Blackburn End, as N01 and N05 for example, had plenty of room last season...

Because mostly there is no atmosphere or at least that was how it seemed to me the last time we were in there. The Blackburn End isn’t what it used to be years ago. And to the post below, how many large away followings are you expecting?

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Get back to the BBE you singers....2-300 young lads will be drowned out by large away followings as well as getting the pish taken out of them.

I could never understand why such a small group of fans would want to isolate themselves from the rest of the crowd. Nobody else could hear them and the away fans probably laughed at them.

and now they want to make the same mistake by going in the bottom corner of the jw stand of all places, bizarre.

riverside or bbe surely is the obvious solution. 

29 minutes ago, mrssusan said:

I could never understand why such a small group of fans would want to isolate themselves from the rest of the crowd. Nobody else could hear them and the away fans probably laughed at them.

and now they want to make the same mistake by going in the bottom corner of the jw stand of all places, bizarre.

riverside or bbe surely is the obvious solution. 

Bit condescending?  If that's where they wanted to be who are you to say they're bizarre?

I apologise if it sounded condescending it wasn't meant to. I just want to understand that's all. What makes these people so different that they don't want to sit in the main home areas but isolate themselves in a part of the ground with a terrible view.

is it simply to goad the away fans?

On 26/05/2018 at 12:56, Vinjay17 said:

What a stupid term from whoever first used it in that context.  Why would Rovers fans even bother reacting to Oldham Athletic supporters anyway assuming they were trying to instigate something?

If that's a (very poorly) veiled attempt at saying that we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of Oldham fans having a go then I'd like to remind you that it's not the 90s anymore and we were in the same league as them for a reason. Also, they took 4 points off us.

7 hours ago, roversfan2001 said:

If that's a (very poorly) veiled attempt at saying that we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of Oldham fans having a go then I'd like to remind you that it's not the 90s anymore and we were in the same league as them for a reason. Also, they took 4 points off us.

So hypothetically if Rovers drew Canvey Island in the FA Cup and their fans started having a go would you react to them? You can call it arrogance if you want but at a club like Blackburn Rovers the fans need to carry themselves a certain way. 

Edited by Vinjay17

3 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

So hypothetically if Rovers drew Canvey Island in the FA Cup and their fans started having a go would you react to them? You can call it arrogance if you want but at a club like Blackburn Rovers the fans need to carry themselves a certain way. 

So hypothetically if rovers drew Man City in the cup and they started having a go you would join in with them?

• Like 1

Just now, AggyBlue said:

It can't be that.

Most stood as far away from visiting fans as possible, up in the far corner next to the Riverside.

I don't know what else it could be, they claim to be a singing section but they are so few of them they can't be heard. 

Nobody can explain why they want to isolate themselves instead of joining everyone else. 

Preston,Bolton,Villa,Leeds,Both Sheffield Clubs,Stoke,Boro,Forest...probably all capable of 5,000+ followings at Ewood next season old Darwen Blue.

To be brutally honest you could barely hear the Darwen Enders next to 1,500 Salops!....We ain't that big fish in that small pond anymore.

15 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

You clearly conveniently ignored the "in the same league" part of my post. Hopefully by "club like Blackburn Rovers" you mean a 2nd tier club, because that's what we are. I know that's not what you meant though and I'm refusing to entertain your idea that we're a massive club.

57 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Preston,Bolton,Villa,Leeds,Both Sheffield Clubs,Stoke,Boro,Forest...probably all capable of 5,000+ followings at Ewood next season old Darwen Blue.

To be brutally honest you could barely hear the Darwen Enders next to 1,500 Salops!....We ain't that big fish in that small pond anymore.

Aye they’re all capable SG but will they necessarily bring that many? I can remember Villa bringing 8000 and also about 2000 in a different season. 

mrssusan (or whoever you are). 

Home Supporters, who have been going in the DE for many seasons, aren't isolating themselves. 

We just preferred to go somewhere with a better atmosphere than the dead BBE.

The idea was, and still is, to get the more vocal supporters to come together. 

Just because the BBE found its voice in the latter part of this season doesn't take away from the fact that going into the bbe to (vocally) support the team died many seasons ago. 

If the club (or more directly waggot) had made an effortyo engage with season ticket holders in the DE before announcing the decision to close it then the idea to move to N01/N05 could have been better explored. 

As it is, his attitude towards the JWL move is just paying lip-service to the few fans that had already started organising it. 

The comment about a small section of fans being ineffectual against vocal away followings is correct (we have already been moved to the JWL on many occasions, already). But i'd rather be with a group of people who will support the team (and not just when things are going OK) than to be sat with a bunch of fickle, whinging spectators in any part of the ground. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Aye they’re all capable SG but will they necessarily bring that many? I can remember Villa bringing 8000 and also about 2000 in a different season. 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Highly unlikely that any of those bar Leeds, Villa and Boro will bring more than 5,000, despite what Rovers are hoping for. 

Out of all of them probably only Leeds can be relied upon to bring 5,000+ whatever the weather.

Villa and Boro will bring that much as long as they are in the promotion picture, same goes for Stoke and Sheffield clubs, but if they are sat in mid-table then no chance. PNE have had their big family day out at Ewood with their selfies etc. as they pinch themselves that they play at Ewood in a league fixture so I don't think we'll be seeing as many of them again in future. Notlob and Forest no chance.

No more talk about big fish from now on. We can accept that Villa, Leeds, Wednesday and conceivably Derby and Forest are beyond us in terms of gates but other than that nobody in this division is 'bigger' than Blackburn Rovers. Of course plenty will get bigger gates for a variety of reasons from ticket prices through to form and recent trajectories but there's more to club size than a few thousand here or there through the turnstiles.

PNE, Notlob, Wigan, Rotherham, Sheff Utd, Hull, Boro, Swansea, Stoke, WBA, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Reading, Ipswich, Norwich bigger fish than Rovers? Not for me. Sky Sports parachute cash doesn't change that either.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Highly unlikely that any of those bar Leeds, Villa and Boro will bring more than 5,000, despite what Rovers are hoping for. 

Out of all of them probably only Leeds can be relied upon to bring 5,000+ whatever the weather.

Villa and Boro will bring that much as long as they are in the promotion picture, same goes for Stoke and Sheffield clubs, but if they are sat in mid-table then no chance. PNE have had their big family day out at Ewood with their selfies etc. as they pinch themselves that they play at Ewood in a league fixture so I don't think we'll be seeing as many of them again in future. Notlob and Forest no chance.

No more talk about big fish from now on. We can accept that Villa, Leeds, Wednesday and conceivably Derby and Forest are beyond us in terms of gates but other than that nobody in this division is 'bigger' than Blackburn Rovers. Of course plenty will get bigger gates for a variety of reasons from ticket prices through to form and recent trajectories but there's more to club size than a few thousand here or there through the turnstiles.

PNE, Notlob, Wigan, Rotherham, Sheff Utd, Hull, Boro, Swansea, Stoke, WBA, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Reading, Ipswich, Norwich bigger fish than Rovers? Not for me. Sky Sports parachute cash doesn't change that either.

I’m not sure you’d get a single Baggies fan to entertain that notion; they’ve won all 3 major honours, been in 13 cup finals winning six of them and have spent less time in the third tier. And get bigger crowds.

On 27/05/2018 at 09:18, mrssusan said:

I apologise if it sounded condescending it wasn't meant to. I just want to understand that's all. What makes these people so different that they don't want to sit in the main home areas but isolate themselves in a part of the ground with a terrible view.

is it simply to goad the away fans?

I would suggest that the Jack Walker stand, is a "main home area" The view from there is fantastic, close to the pitch with great facilities. The club like the idea of a bit of noise in ALL 3 home areas. 

Whilst there has been a decline in noise from the bbe it still makes more noise than the singing section. I sit in the riverside near the middle and can hardly hear the Darren end. 

Sorry but it looks and sounds tinpot. Going to the jack walker will make it even more embarrassing. Will be like Wigan. 

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m not sure you’d get a single Baggies fan to entertain that notion; they’ve won all 3 major honours, been in 13 cup finals winning six of them and have spent less time in the third tier. And get bigger crowds.

All relative though isn't it? At the moment they get more people watching than us because they've been an established Premier League club whilst we've been struggling in the 2nd division. If they level out or struggle in the Championship their gates won't be much bigger than ours. In terms of trophies won they're behind us.

Middlesbrough another example. I can remember when we came out of the Premier League they were in mid-table and bottom half under Strachan and Mowbray and were getting 15,000 and less on at home. Then they started challenging for promotion under Karanka and they put nearly 10,000 on their gates. All relative. Last 4-5 years they've had 3 or 4 promotion pushes and 1 Premier League season so bound to get more people on. If they'd been lolloping around in the bottom 3rd whilst we'd been in the top 6 the story would be very different.