BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darwen End Closure / New Singing Section

Fair enough - I read t as if it was a designated singing section.

Why were you moved? That end we were in is secure enough we could have been shifted to our left and you stayed in the bit  where we were without any issues. I guess against Burnley there could be issues if you wanted to cash in and give them the whole end then you'd have to be moved - but the club could always say no and limit the away fans numbers. I guess, however I am used to a decent owner that cares about our club and you have the chicken sellers that don't give a shit about you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Youve got great support by the way and I don’t buy into all this all Millwall fans are thugs.  

We're not, we just tend to look after each other, often regardless of consequences.

We are far more sinned against than sinners, although I would be an idiot if I tried to defend some of our fans actions at times.

51 minutes ago, MillwallSE16 said:

We're not, we just tend to look after each other, often regardless of consequences.

We are far more sinned against than sinners, although I would be an idiot if I tried to defend some of our fans actions at times.

What happened at HT right at the back of the stand? I saw someone being carried out on a stretcher with a load of police and stewards in attendance.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Ah so people who don’t sing are spectators and not supporters? 

Presumably I should give up, return my ST and take up knitting? Try telling the guy next to me, 60+, who goes home and away and to the reserves (whatever we call them now). The wheelchair fans who go home and away and the PLAYERS went to thank for their support last season.

Why is it we have a section of our supporters who find it necessary to label other fans in an unflattering manner? What does this achieve?

The drum was very irritating for the first 20 minutes but we didn’t notice it after that. Either he stopped or we got used to it. I hope I simply got used to it.

The BBE, unsurprisingly, was far louder. 

Arrogant.

This from somone who sits in the JWU.

Someone who just sits and watches a game IS a spectator.

In your description of 60+, i'm surprised you didn't throw in any women and children ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillwallSE16 said:

Fair enough - I read t as if it was a designated singing section.

Why were you moved? That end we were in is secure enough we could have been shifted to our left and you stayed in the bit  where we were without any issues. I guess against Burnley there could be issues if you wanted to cash in and give them the whole end then you'd have to be moved - but the club could always say no and limit the away fans numbers. I guess, however I am used to a decent owner that cares about our club and you have the chicken sellers that don't give a shit about you

because our new MD decided that he wants to promote away support (true story).

Just now, MillwallSE16 said:

Heart attack apparently - that was the rumour going around at the time. No word as yet how the fella is but hopefully OK (bad news always travels faster than good) he was conscious as he was led down the stairs, had an oxygen mask on. 

Hope he's ok. He left to the strains of  'I Am The Resurrection' so hopefully a good sign.

• Like 1

There's been quite a few incidents of small scale bother both outside and inside the DE and not to mention stuff being chucked back and forth.  The club and authorities are more than happy to see the DE enders scattered about hence why they've kept schtum and not encouraged a proper gathering in the JW lower, fact they've needlessly moved the away contingent right to other side backs this up.

The OB will have been behind this along with the cost cutting you can wager.

I sat in the Blackburn End yesterday in the section nearest to the Riverside. Not sure if it was because I was concentrating on the match but I never heard the JWL once, nor the drum. I looked over at kick off and thought that the turnout there was an embarrassment to be honest. But that’s modern stadia for you, it’s not just as simple as paying cash at the turnstiles and congregating at the back of the Blackburn End as we used to do in the early 70s.

Was a better atmosphere for the two friendly games than yesterday in W01. The away fans being so far away didn't help, though I've seen someone say that they will be back in the normal place for the next home game. Didn't really hear the BBE though N01 looked far fuller than it was when I sat in there.

The atmosphere is shite at ewood full stop. Has been for years. I remember the souness and Hughes days when sky and others would comment on how well we backed the team and what a fortress it was. People can't be bothered these days. I think a standing section in the blackburn end would make a difference. Oxford game felt like the old days, the whole ground backing the team throughout. I think the Riverside used to have a big influence on the atmosphere, as if the darwen end started a song or the blackburn end did, the Riverside would pick it up and it would then get the other stand going etc but with the Riverside 2/3 empty it doesnt these days. 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You don’t sing, you’re not a supporter?

Few folk are getting a bit silly now

Would you agree that If you turn up to watch an event and sit in silence without interacting in any way then you may be classed as a spectator?

12 minutes ago, AAK said:

The atmosphere is shite at ewood full stop. Has been for years. I remember the souness and Hughes days when sky and others would comment on how well we backed the team and what a fortress it was. 

Do you?

I remember us constantly getting stick about our attendances and atmosphere throughout our PL tenure, it used to rile me up no end, in fact.

9 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Would you agree that If you turn up to watch an event and sit in silence without interacting in any way then you may be classed as a spectator?

People support how they see fit, they put money into the club, they often bring others who then get the bug, most fans do clap even if they don’t sing and if they don’t, so what?

I know you and barry et al are upset about this whole affair. But it was the club that made a mess of the Darwen End issue, not the fans in other stands, so aim your fire at those who deserve it instead of calling long standing Blues, who’ve put up with no end of shite this last few years ‘non supporters’.

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you?

I remember us constantly getting stick about our attendances and atmosphere throughout our PL tenure, it used to rile me up no end, in fact.

Yes mate there was definitely a few instances were it was said. I remember we were playing Liverpool one game, and i remember watching the pre match before going down to ewood, and it was being said how tough it would be for Liverpool as the blackburn fans really back their team etc. 

Hmm, not something I remember myself very often.

I think we often look back to those days with rose tinted spectacles. 30,000 at Ewood for Liverpool with a load of away fans too, of course the atmosphere was great.

But there were many games against clubs like Fulham who brought very few and the ground would often have 10,000 or so empty seats, the atmosphere would be average then too, it’s just those empty seats now number 17,000/18,000 - how are you supposed to have a cracking atmosphere with such vast gaps?

I go to plenty of away matches and the atmospheres are poor at most of them, so not going to get too worried about it - get safe standing in and we may see changes.

Let's be brutally honest,as with the closure of the family stand the Closure of the Darwen End has been badly handled by the Club..there was zero consultation with the fans.No effort was made to appease those moved from Darwen End...they were left to their own devices.

As I have said before you and all your mates need to get back in the BBE Barry..get the other 4,500 singing( BBEnders will join in) and you will make a noise and some....just like it used to be.Seated Stadia have made it safer to a negligible extent but it has killed the atmosphere at most grounds.

Personally, I yearn for the days of the old standing BBE terrace...'you are my Sunshine,my only Sunshine'!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Back in the Blackburn End reluctantly yesterday. still no clearer why I had to move from the Darwen End yesterday.

Dont understand why we didnt shove their fans in the top tier, further from the pitch as other teams do, that said Waggott would never do anything to inconvenience the away fans.

Crowd wasnt particularly big, read a couple of comments by people who werent there suggesting it was a poor crowd which im never a fan of, but wasnt surprised because of the price hike putting off people who may have otherwise come back.

It would be good if one of the fan groups could get an answer from the club about why they don’t house away fans in the upper tier. Even if the lower stand is empty.

There is no intention to maximise the home fan numbers so why are they (presumably) trying to maximise the away fan numbers by making their experience more convenient/pleasant?

Get the smaller followings out of the way upstairs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The only plausible explanation Stuart is that it's been done on Police advise and as ever the club have bent over forward to accommodate.They simply don't want home and away fans merged in or behind that stand...anything else makes zero sense.

That wasn’t my question. Accepting that DE is away fans only, why can’t they all be housed upstairs only - unless they sell out and are given more?

I tried getting tickets on line on Thursday and it wouldn't let me log in, tried again Friday and nothing. An email was supposedly sent to reset my password but this email still hasn't arrived and it's supposed to be automatic. I had to pay seven pound extra for me and my little girl to sit in the jwl where stewards told all kids to sit down. The reason I sit in there is to let the kids have Abit of free reign so they are not confined to a seat and bored giving parents the chance to watch the game. I ended up watching the second half on the concourse with just me and her there and we were kicking a coke bottle to each other when a steward made her put it in the bin. No one else was on the concourse only us two and the bars where shut. She doesn't want to come anymore. I couldnt hear a drum from where I was sat either