BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dylan McGeouch

You obvouisly dont follow it Killie doing great for six months since Clarke came in great record against Rangers and Celtic Motherwell in.two national cup finals Hibs fighting for second with Rangers and Aberdeen and EPL was won before SPL that must be crap to then in your opinion

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Goodwillie was played wide right out of posistion he is a striker and cant get even a Scottish championship club just now so awful argument there from you and Stokes cut his bones in England before coming up here and does not have the goals record 

Just now, Dryhorse said:

David Goodwillie was played wide right out of posistion he is a striker and cant get even a Scottish championship club just now so awful argument there from you and Stokes cut his bones in England before coming up here and does not have the goals record 

Stokes came to prominence while at Falkirk mate, then scored plenty for Hibs and Celtic. He hasn't done too well in England, to say the least! Your Killie argument is a strange one. New manager does nothing more than organise a team that were one of the worst in the league and they are suddenly taking on all comers? Doesn't strike me as a quality league really. Competitive maybe, but that isn't the point we are discussing here is it?  Btw I've been watching Scottish football for 25 years and the standard is as poor as I can remember it generally. Don't confuse a competitive league with a quality one.

The point about Goodwillie is that he scored loads in Scotland but we could all see at Ewood that he isn't even a footballer.

Goodwillie just made the wrong move he should moved to Germany.I never said it was a quality league what I am sayimg is that its not crap.For a tiny country with the population of the West Midlands its had teams competiting and winning in Europe produced world class players and managers won if Im not mistaking was the last guy to win the league as boss for Blackburn.Were as no English boss has won the SPL

How many are you gonna get on the right side?Guy was not Ronaldo was he?It was poor management playing him out there when clearly that was not his posistion.Oh and some of the best players in the championship have played up here many of them are getting promoted this year to the big time in Wolves and Cardiff teams 

Difficult to judge the strength of leagues based on individual players doing well or not so well. For every Stokes you could pick out a Conway. 

For what it's worth, I think players who cut it at the top end of the SPL are comfortably championship standard, for the most part. The bigger difference is pace & power imo. 

Scottish football is much faster than English football every English international ever to sign for Rangers said so and the games much more about fitness and strength now some guys in our championship can handle it to look at the ex Falkirk guys Arfielfd Kingsley etc guys like Forsyth to was at Dundee in that league

Fair. A better comparison might be how the SPL & Championship are both quite similar vs the top division in England. You get less time on the ball in both than in the Prem. You see some players go from one to the other almost seamlessly, others look like they're well off the pace. 

34 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Scottish football is much faster than English football every English international ever to sign for Rangers said so and the games much more about fitness and strength now some guys in our championship can handle it to look at the ex Falkirk guys Arfielfd Kingsley etc guys like Forsyth to was at Dundee in that league

English internationals playing for Rangers? Blimey mate how far back are you going? The top 2 Scottish clubs back in the day were possibly prem standard but since Rangers had their problems and possibly for a while before that the Scottish Premiership has not been very good. 

That isn’t a slur on the Scottish nationality because some good players have still come out of Scotland.

Take the chip off your shoulder.

12 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

What chip you talking about what is with the personal insults?Also a wee caviat for you McGeouch is not even the best midfielder at Hibs never mind Scotland 

Yawn. I don’t remember saying he was. By the way there is no personal insult - but you seem to be doing your damndest to dredge up players from ages ago to prove some point about Scottish football not being very poor. 

Bradley Dack would score 30 goals a season up here no problem - 40 if he played for Celtic.

Dragging up players from ages ago which ones the ones currently going up who played up here or a few who were with Rangers not so long ago.Hard no this is not hard at all its easy how many nations our size have had European finalists representation this centuary?I cant think of any its you lot who compare your football with Scotlands all the time yet still sign there players and managers and coaches who dominate your leagues historically

22 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Gazza could not get 40 a season in a stronger Rangers team take it that passes as a joke?

We aren’t talking about when Gazza played - we are talking about now. Rangers sign players from Accy Stanley these days. Nobody would deny that when Celtic and Rangers were representing Scotland in the Champions League 15-20 years ago they were a match for most clubs. The standard has dropped a bit since then. Dembele at Celtic is a good example of a reasonably decent championship player who is a world beater up here. 

Listen, i’m not knocking Scotland or Scottish people. My own sons are Scottish. That Celtic full back Tierney is a wonderful player. But the overall standard of the leagues up here is not very good I’m afraid, for whatever reason. 

35 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Dragging up players from ages ago which ones the ones currently going up who played up here or a few who were with Rangers not so long ago.Hard no this is not hard at all its easy how many nations our size have had European finalists representation this centuary?I cant think of any its you lot who compare your football with Scotlands all the time yet still sign there players and managers and coaches who dominate your leagues historically

There’s the chip on the shoulder I was referring to earlier ???

2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

Goodwillie just made the wrong move he should moved to Germany.I never said it was a quality league what I am sayimg is that its not crap.For a tiny country with the population of the West Midlands its had teams competiting and winning in Europe produced world class players and managers won if Im not mistaking was the last guy to win the league as boss for Blackburn.Were as no English boss has won the SPL

Rangers sign players from Accrington Stanley these days

Crooks was free was punted for half a million

Cardiff and Burnley fighting out for Windass for 3 million to match clause in his contract he came for free to

Awful business there from Rangers

Hilarious to hear Barton's reasons for his total failure to make an impression at Rangers.  it was everyone else's fault and he was great.  Not sure how that's how I would describe it when Scott Brown is running rings round you in the middle of the park mate.

Archived