BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dylan McGeouch

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dryhorse said:

Your gaffer tried to keep him its in there books so he could not have been that vad just soar grapes on your part the guy was top drawer marked Beckham out Scitland game to remember?

No sour grapes here. Couldn’t care less about the bloke but he was that bad for us I’m afraid. He should never have left Scotland.

Just now, Dryhorse said:

44 goals for Rangers for Fergie to Browns 23 if you want to take it back to goals 

Just a comparison that he was able to score freely - even as a midfielder- in Scotland but not in England.

Certainly not world class by anyone’s measure.

giphy.gif

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Yet Blackburn offered h a new deal to stay and he actually a cup with Birmingham down there aye he must been awful

Which would make him about as “world class” as Lee Bowyer.

Henry called him world class not me but he did boss his national team twice took 6 points so obvoiusly he rated him and McFadden as said Fergie is a home buddy was to early to move but saying he could not hack your leagues hilarious ??

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Mark Hughes offered to build the team around him when Rangers came back in he came back in five days and begged him.to stay aye boys he must have been rotton for you ???

There were about 7.5 million reasons to be upset that Ferguson left. His contribution on the pitch wasn’t really one of them.

Huge disappointment for the money and the hype.

Interesting that you bring up his time with us coinciding with the change from Souness to Hughes. Much as I loved Souness, he was relegating us. Mark Hughes came in and turned us into our best version of ourselves since 1995. We certainly didn’t miss your mon Fergie.

That game against Beckham though...

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Henry called him world class not me but he did boss his national team twice took 6 points so obvoiusly he rated him and McFadden as said Fergie is a home buddy was to early to move but saying he could not hack your leagues hilarious ??

Yes, I think he was saying that exact thing to Rio.

He was a jobbing midfielder made to look like Iniesta in Scotland.

What has Scotland got to do with it?Look at his games for his country.6 points off France he ran the show.Ran the show against Italy and the Ukraine to that year in the group of death finalists semi finalists and querter finalistsof last world cup

5 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Blackpool were in the EPL at the time and he played for Rangers the team with the most domestic honours in world game played in Uefa cup and super cup final won the English league cup 

And still couldn't cut it at lowly Blackburn Rovers! The most successful TOWN team in the world. 

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Just like I find it hilarious that English people cant admit we have any good players was only at start of season you were telling us all how Robertson was never Liverpool class ??

We can admit you have some good players, but they are mainly not Scottish.

Plenty of our players play in the PL but our best players play for Celtic the PL guys are over rated pre madonas with no spirit or heart they only do it for there clubs we got a few more up there now to Paterson Douglas hopefully Villa go up for Snodgrass and Hutton

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Just like I find it hilarious that English people cant admit we have any good players was only at start of season you were telling us all how Robertson was never Liverpool class ??

Sorry pal but you’ve watered down your argument it’s not even the same discussion any more. “Top drawer” and “world class” players do not play for the clubs Ferguson has.

Rangers and Celtic were in the Champions League by default, in the same way that Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk are.

The difference is that their “world class” players go to Man Utd / Arsenal (Mkhitaryan), Chelsea (Willian), Man City (Fernandinho), Bayern Munich (Douglas Costa) or Milan (Shevchenko).

Playing for Scotland - again quite a default thing if you are the best Scotland has available. Just look at the kinds of players finding themselves in the England set up these days - and the clubs they play for. Yes, now and again they might raise their game or have a good ‘un - every dog has his day.

Finding your level at Birmingham and Blackpool is a different gig entirely. Richie Smallwood has just had his best season ever in the equivalent level of 75-80% of the SPL. Doesn’t mean he should be picked up by Leicester or Newcastle, or even Bournemouth or Huddersfield. But nor does it mean he wouldn’t do a steady job surrounded by better players.

Was he decent in Scotland? Of course. Did he manage to make a career and lots of cash out of a steady lower PL club midfield role? Sure. Am I glad he left Rovers? Absolutely. Although I’d have liked our money back.

18 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Ffs is this still going on lol. I reckon he's got you all on the wind up. I keep getting updates and keep thinking we have made a signing 

Suggest you unfollow this thread or you’re in for a disappointing Summer! New players tend to have new threads created anyway.

42 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

What has Scotland got to do with it?Look at his games for his country.6 points off France he ran the show.Ran the show against Italy and the Ukraine to that year in the group of death finalists semi finalists and querter finalistsof last world cup

I'm with you on the Ferguson issue. The lad could really play, no doubt about that, he just didn't perform to the best of his ability down here.  I've seen him play several times for Scotland and he had it all, he could run the show against the best. I was over the moon when we signed him. He was like Souness without the right hook.

Obviously a broken knee cap isn't going to make you a better player.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

Barry Ferguson was top drawer he rejected you not the other way around Thierey Henry called him world class

I’m honestly not trying to be a dick here,  but please can you incorporate punctuation into your posts please? They’re very hard to read as is.

Archived