BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dylan McGeouch

I think we can all agree that Scottish Football is well below the standard of English and yet nowhere near as bad as some on here would suggest.  We have about 1/12 of the population for a start and yet punched above our weight for a 100 years but with the take over of the game by the money men small countries are finding it harder and harder to compete.  There's a lot to commend about Scottish Football but the quality isn't 1 of them.  Doesn't mean you don't get some great games though and the end of season games in the SPL have been superb this year so far.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look SPL is obviously well crap.

But it’s not like we are signing a guy that’s played his whole career there and making him club captain or anything.

Oh. Hang on...

Well that turned into the stereo typical english v scottish scenario quickly.

I'm a season ticket holder at dunfermline who finished 4th in the 2nd tier. The football is not as bad as some make out but individually the majority of players are of a standard you would expect. This is highlighted when a players with a bit of talent shows up and looks the part. Even some of the better technically gifted ones won't make the grade in better leagues due to lack of physical attributes. 

But there isn't much that can be done about attracting better players to scottish football as there just isn't the population to pay good players good money. 

One thing I do love about scottish football is how down to earth the club's are. Example being. I took my 4 year old daughter away to dunbarton and livingstone and on both occasions they let her in saying saying she's only wee. It's was only a £5 on both occasions but these clubs rely heavily on match day revenue. With average attendances both under 2k is imagine. Probably half that.

Something that wouldn't happen in the money rich english game.

25 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Well that turned into the stereo typical english v scottish scenario quickly.

I'm a season ticket holder at dunfermline who finished 4th in the 2nd tier. The football is not as bad as some make out but individually the majority of players are of a standard you would expect. This is highlighted when a players with a bit of talent shows up and looks the part. Even some of the better technically gifted ones won't make the grade in better leagues due to lack of physical attributes. 

But there isn't much that can be done about attracting better players to scottish football as there just isn't the population to pay good players good money. 

One thing I do love about scottish football is how down to earth the club's are. Example being. I took my 4 year old daughter away to dunbarton and livingstone and on both occasions they let her in saying saying she's only wee. It's was only a £5 on both occasions but these clubs rely heavily on match day revenue. With average attendances both under 2k is imagine. Probably half that.

Something that wouldn't happen in the money rich english game.

And stuff like this

You say that though but there are good physical players out there look at guys like Jason Naismith read his stats for the year outwith the guys at AF he has best stats in country 6.2 feet still 23 gets up and down good athlete someone who could play at a higher level and bigger club English championship teams will be scouting he is a full back

Hull and Shrewsbury prob gonna offer Naismith a deal Rangers should try and get him better defensivly than Tavernier can be offensive and defensive been beaten less on the run than any other player dont let there posistion abd goals conceded fool you proper good defender like Paterson at Cardiff 

Notts Forrest showing interest in Ali Crawford for me the best free out the bunch and a better player than McGeouch scores goals from midfield can be box to box or play on left or right side confortably or be a roving play maker the two together would be good your skint right?

Telling you there are good players up here who could do a job for free not a lot of them about but there quality and any cash you have you spend it wisely even guys like Souttar got Derby sniffing and Hull still want McKenna and no doubt a list of other clubs

Im all up for signing up a few scots here and there but for every Colin Hendry, Craig Conway, Kevin Gallacher and Jordan Rhodes, you get a Barry Ferguson, David Goodwillie, Duncan Shearer and Stephen Hendrie.

Just hope thei latest lad (if we sign him) turns out to be the former.

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Barry Ferguson was top drawer he rejected you not the other way around Thierey Henry called him world class

4 goals in 194 appearances away from Rangers does not suggest world class. Rovers, Birmingham and Blackpool being the only clubs in for him does not suggest world class.

He was SPL class. Very good at that level but no more.

Just now, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Highlight reel for Celtic

Carlos Villanueva had a better highlight reel!

One great run and finish. Picture quality was poor, was the last one his assist or tap in?

Looks like a gamble to me.

2 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Who judges holding midfield players on goals?Ferguson was a boss he was a home buddy that is why you could not keep him and you tried 

He was quite ineffective at Rovers and I for one was glad to see the bavk of him. He is not proven at PL level.

His whole transfer debacle in and out of Rovers stinks to this day.

It's not just under Venkys that we have been rodgered.

Archived