[Archived] Dylan McGeouch

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dryhorse said:

Bowyer never played for Blackburn

Savage replaced Ferguson 

Now you are talking.

Savage eclipsed Bazza and even he could never be described as world class. He also won the League Cup though so maybe he was... ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm getting worried now, the name rings a bell but I have no recollection of Lee Bowyer as a player. Early on set dementia ?

Charlton, Leeds, Newcastle. Dirty b’stard. Him and Dyer did a Batty-Le-Saux.

He did also okay for Birmingham later in his career so maybe is is world class after all.

Amazing that Ferguson, Savage and Bowyer didn’t find themselves at Barca during those heady days in the early 2000s. PL fans were spoiled.

Just now, Dryhorse said:

How many uefa cup finals Savage play in?

How many non-Scottish cup finals did both players play in?

(Cant believe we are having a debate between Savage and Ferguson about whether either of them was world class! Found that Henry quote yet?)

Rangers looking like winning a 5-4 thriller against McGeogh’s Hibs yet “somehow” Aberdeen managed to run out 1-0 winners at Parkhead to finish second, ahead of them.

Now Celtic had chances to win it, even hitting the post, but might they have been going at it slightly less than 100% knowing what the result meant...?

Sorry to derail all this, but on this incredibly limited crazy game’s evidence... I’m going to jump to some ill informed conclusions!

McGeouch could do a job in our squad, especially on a free.

I think DM is a bit of misnomer, not much tackling or blocking going on, but he’s more of deep lying playmaker. Might work well with Richie in our 4-2-3-1 against some opponents but it wouldn’t be blood and thunder Benno style.

Tidy, clever player that could do a job but I wouldn’t lose sleep if it doesn’t come off either.

They’ve conceded 5 today so he ain’t Makelele, like!

5-5. Crikey.

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Can somebody please put an end to the conversation about whether Barry Ferguson, Barry Robson or Barry McCouldntgivea were better than Robbie Savage? This is a thread about a potential signing who goes by the name of Dylan (not Barry) McGeouch 

Don’t know why people get so bent out of shape about a nothing thread meandering a bit. We probably won’t even sign the bloke.

Contribute to the discussion or generate your own but don’t just post to try to silence people. It’ll be plenty quiet on here after today anyway.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Sorry to derail all this, but on this incredibly limited crazy game’s evidence... I’m going to jump to some ill informed conclusions!

McGeouch could do a job in our squad, especially on a free.

I think DM is a bit of misnomer, not much tackling or blocking going on, but he’s more of deep lying playmaker. Might work well with Richie in our 4-2-3-1 against some opponents but it wouldn’t be blood and thunder Benno style.

Tidy, clever player that could do a job but I wouldn’t lose sleep if it doesn’t come off either.

They’ve conceded 5 today so he ain’t Makelele, like!

5-5. Crikey.

5-5 would still have been enough had Celtic beaten Aberdeen. There’ll be a very happy green half of Glasgow this evening, despite defeat.

2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

How many uefa cup finals Savage play in?

What does that prove. Rangers played the most negative defensive stuff to reach that final but fair does it worked.

Boro reached the final around the same time I think. It isnt definite proof of world class players.

You seem to pick individual achievements then pass them off as proof your wild Generalisation are correct.

only 5 englishmen have won 2 champions league medals. And one of them is Wesley Brown. 

Scott Carson and David may won one. 

Your theory suggests they are world class. 

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm getting worried now, the name rings a bell but I have no recollection of Lee Bowyer as a player. Early on set dementia ?

Played in the Leeds Side that got to the semi finals of the champions league with Smith, woodgate, Rio, viduka etc. More famous for fighting with kieron Dyer at Newcastle. 

Archived