BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions league final

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

100% behind Madrid but think the scousers will do it, an early goal and a comfy 3-1 

Maybe time to hibernate for a few years!

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Scandalous that The European Cup Final featuring an English team is not on terrestrial Television.

Come on Liverpool!

The fact that it's not on steam TV is a national disgrace. The first final I saw was Real Madrid 7 versus Eintracht Frankfurt  3, so I was sort of spoilt. We only had one TV channel then but at least we got to see the Final on BBC.

Football will go the way of cricket if it's not careful. The 2005 Ashes series was live on Channel 4 if I remember correctly. The whole nation became Test cricket crazy. Then they took the Sky shilling and it's been downhill ever since. Now they're scratching around to come up with a format people will actually pay to watch.

• Backroom

Devastating for Salah, never been a huge fan of Liverpool but he’s a different class this could have been his night

Sergio Ramos. If he's not yours you hate him. If he is you love him. The way he locked Salahs shoulder as he hit the floor is MMA. Yet manages to do hide it without a card. Game over, switch off.

Just now, J*B said:

Sergio Ramos. If he's not yours you hate him. If he is you love him. The way he locked Salahs shoulder as he hit the floor is MMA. Yet manages to do hide it without a card. Game over, switch off.

yup, Ramos is the master of stuff like that. Cannot see Pool winning now, losing Salah has punched them right in the gut.

In the 2011 Challenge Cup Final, Wigan’s prop forward Lee Mossop dislocated his shoulder. He went off, his shoulder was ‘put back in place,’ he was given a pain killing injection and carried on. As a prop forward, his main role is to tackle/defend and to make the yards when your team is going forward. His upper body and shoulder would have taken a right hammering. No tears from Mossop. Could Salah not have at least attempted to do the same? 

Just now, JacknOry said:

yup, Ramos is the master of stuff like that. Cannot see Pool winning now, losing Salah has punched them right in the gut.

It’s been a completely different game since he went off. Liverpool looked certain to get a goal, until Salah was injured. Since then, it’s been one way traffic...

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hes a cheating filthy overrated player..always an accident waiting to happen

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The fact that it's not on steam TV is a national disgrace. The first final I saw was Real Madrid 7 versus Eintracht Frankfurt  3, so I was sort of spoilt. We only had one TV channel then but at least we got to see the Final on BBC.

Football will go the way of cricket if it's not careful. The 2005 Ashes series was live on Channel 4 if I remember correctly. The whole nation became Test cricket crazy. Then they took the Sky shilling and it's been downhill ever since. Now they're scratching around to come up with a format people will actually pay to watch.

That’s the only time I took an interest in cricket. I can still remember the team to this day, and that Flintoff wicket in the second or third test I think, that gave us victory? Since then, I’ve not watched a game. Why? It’s on Sky, which I won’t pay for ! 

Archived