BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions league final

46 minutes ago, philipl said:

Got to remember the elbow chop by Sergio Ramos on Klarius immediately before the first goal.

The attack on Salah by Sergio Ramos was deliberate and premeditated. Watch where he is looking, how he shifts his weight in mid fall and how long he pinions Salah's arm.

Yeah he knew what he was doing alright. He set out to hurt Salah.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Bloody hell Jim that's harsh. He made mistakes, was devastated and not one of his teammates or manager showed him any compassion. It wasn't much to ask for any of them to put an arm around him and offer a few words of consolation. In a way that incident sums up the selfishness of the spoilt, multi millionaire players of today. I mentioned Bobby Robsons and the England players reaction to the players who missed penalties in Italia 90. They weren't ostracised.

And by the way the poor lad has had death threats.

Ala Gerrard when we was going to Chelsea ...

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Come on, as a player how would you feel ? I'd have been spitting feathers.

I could imagine some of the old pros of the 1960-80s would probably have thumped him after the match. 

My pro Rugby League  team were playing in play off game. The opposition kicker could do no wrong and kicked something like 8 goals out of 9 attempts effectively winning the game for them. One of our players was a bit of a nut case. He waited for the kicker outside the main stand and confronted the guy when he was leaving after the game. He said " You just cost me £XXXX winning pay ! "  With that he then knocked the guy on his back.

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I could imagine some of the old pros of the 1960-80s would probably have thumped him after the match. 

Of course I would have been angry but the lad made mistakes. It happens in sport but nobody does it on purpose.

I saw a documentary recently on the Leeds v Castleford Challenge Cup Final from 1968. One of the best ever RL players, Don Fox missed a last minute penalty which would have won the cup for Castleford. In a proper mans sport his teammates all consoled him and did apportion any blame to him but he was never the same player again.

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He didn’t do it on purpose and it’s not his fault that he’s nowhere near good enough to be starting in a Champions League final, Klopp should have brought a proper no. 1 in last summer but he didn’t. The defeat is on Klopp and I don’t get where the hatred of Karius is coming from. He made a mistake because he wasn’t good enough, big deal.

59 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Ala Gerrard when we was going to Chelsea ...

Gerrard was being threatened by a gangster at one point so that wasn't exactly fan related. The guy who helped Gerrard was shot dead a few weeks back actually. Some people complained because Gerrard sent in a good character reference when the guy was on trial for robbery. It's a tough situation because if someone was threatening you and the last resort was to get assistance from another criminal you're hardly gonna badmouth the guy are you? What was he supposed to say "you stopped that gangster threatening to murder me but you're a scumbag who robs people so thanks but no thanks?"

One article I've read said that the death threats were regarded as "laughable" and it was his family who had more to do with convincing him to stay. The thing about death threats is people don't normally follow up on them. Anyone who wants to kill someone will probably just go right ahead and do it without warning. Gerrard can't be that concerned about threats and abuse if he's taken on someone like Rangers. It won't just be Celtic fans abusing him especially if it turns out badly for him. 

I agree with Jim Mk2 as well. Mistakes are one thing but when you make Phil Jones look like less of an idiot you have truly had an awful night. Klopp has shown indecision over keepers in past season (never a good trait for a manager look at how Kidd rotated Kelly/Filan) but pretty sure towards the end he had made his mind up on Karius being no 1. Still that doubt alone should be reason enough to bring in a new no 1. George Graham didn't really have many reservations over John Lukic (certainly didn't rotate him constantly) but when he had the opportunity to sign David Seaman he did so. This was criticised but ultimately people realised that Seaman was the better of the 2 and Graham was right.

19 hours ago, Mike E said:

Lost a great deal of respect for Klopp and his team last night for their treatment of Karius.

Some nice meaningless empathy in interviews but they left their devastated teammate on the pitch by himself. Even that gobshite Ronaldo consoled him a bit.

"You'll never walk alone", my arse.

seems fans not to happy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44275380

1 hour ago, had.e.nuff said:

Death threats. What utter low-lives.

Karius' basic goalkeeping errors cost Liverpool dearly, but there was already enough previous evidence to suggest that he's not Champions League quality, let alone top half Premier League quality. Klopp can be blamed for not addressing the goalie situation earlier, but if we're going to do that, then you have to absolutely credit him with getting Liverpool as far as the final in the first place. That's some achievement.

As for Karius, he is never going to live it down. He will never again appear in a Champions League final, let alone a Champions League match, and he will have to live with this sorry episode for the rest of his life. That's punishment enough. If the other players are going to speak out against him in any way (which I doubt they will), then they'd better remember this when they inevitably make a boo-boo. Even the legendary Gerrard is a case in point.

On 28 May 2018 at 09:51, arbitro said:

Of course I would have been angry but the lad made mistakes. It happens in sport but nobody does it on purpose.

I saw a documentary recently on the Leeds v Castleford Challenge Cup Final from 1968. One of the best ever RL players, Don Fox missed a last minute penalty which would have won the cup for Castleford. In a proper mans sport his teammates all consoled him and did apportion any blame to him but he was never the same player again.

It was Leeds v Wakefield to be pedantic. It had poured down before and throughout the game, if it hadn't have been a Cup Final they would have never played it. There were pools of standing water all over the pitch. Don Fox was a " Toe on " kicker like lots of goal kickers in those days. The greasy ball just skidded off his wet boot toe cap. A modern side foot kicker wouldn't have had the same difficulty although I do remember seeing a side foot kicker put one under the cross bar from right in front of the sticks a few years back.

You're right in saying Don Fox never got over it. I remember Eddie Waring saying on the commentary  " The poor lad "  when he missed the kick.

I thought the game was a good one. It all changed after Salah went off. He is Liverpool's talisman. Without him they were lost.

Ramos is a dirty sod, always had been. He did it on purpose, but nothing will be done about it.

Karius dropping 1 clanger was bad, but 2 was awful. He'll never play for Liverpool again.

Real Madrid weren't the best team in the Champs League this year, but they have a knack of doing what is necessary to win. They wait for opponents to make mistakes then play keep away.

Quarter final - last minute penalty due to bad Juve defending.

Semi Final - Bayern gifted at least 2 to Madrid due to errors.

Ronaldo did absolutely nothing. Thankfully Bale went for his hat trick late on instead of passing it square for Ronaldo.

As red scouse boxer Paul Smith Jnr on twitter put it Liverpool have had the blatant diving cheat Torres and the diving all round nasty piece of work Suarez and it was all ok, if Van Dik had gone through Ronaldo and knackered him they would have thought it wonderful so they've got to deal with it.

Fair play to that guy he's bang on.

• Moderation Lead

Ramos is one of the best defenders on the planet and has been for years. 

The sanctimonious nature of Liverpool fans is one of many things that defines them. Usually, I'd support the English clubs, but I was glad they lost tbh. Even if Salah had stayed on, they would have lost anyway, IMO. 

57 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Ramos is one of the best defenders on the planet and has been for years. 

The sanctimonious nature of Liverpool fans is one of many things that defines them. Usually, I'd support the English clubs, but I was glad they lost tbh. Even if Salah had stayed on, they would have lost anyway, IMO. 

With Jason Steele in goal it would have finished 1-1.

With Salah on the field all game Liverpool would have won it.

Ramos is a fascist street thug who plays for UEFA FC. He quite deliberately set out to take Salah out of the game without care of consequence to Salah.

Law of physics, big lad lands on top of little lad, little lad gets a brusing.

I don't get the hate Liverpool brigade. They are great to watch.

All imho.:)

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

With Jason Steele in goal it would have finished 1-1.

With Salah on the field all game Liverpool would have won it.

Ramos is a fascist street thug who plays for UEFA FC. He quite deliberately set out to take Salah out of the game without care of consequence to Salah.

Law of physics, big lad lands on top of little lad, little lad gets a brusing.

I don't get the hate Liverpool brigade. They are great to watch.

All imho.:)

I'll just agree to disagree mate.

Real just get the job done in Europe time and time again. They're a better side than Liverpool.

Like Matty, I've no issue with the team, just their gobshyte supporters. 

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I'll just agree to disagree mate.

Real just get the job done in Europe time and time again. They're a better side than Liverpool.

Like Matty, I've no issue with the team, just their gobshyte supporters. 

Ok I admit I'm biased, for years my best mate out here is a life long Liverpool fan, who originates from Berkshire. LoL. And I did send him the Klopp 'Man Tits' photo :)

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He quite deliberately set out to take Salah out of the game without care of consequence to Salah.

I wonder if Ramos had the World Cup in mind. Spain could meet Egypt in the Round of 16, and without Salah, Egypt would be blunted.

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I wonder if Ramos had the World Cup in mind. Spain could meet Egypt in the Round of 16, and without Salah, Egypt would be blunted.

It would not suprise me at all. I have detested the thug Ramos for years.

I only wish he played for us, I am so fickle.:rover::o

5 hours ago, philipl said:

It's odd when involved in an unexpected armlocked tumble that Ramos always manages to cushion his own landing by getting his hands free.

Listening to Lennon and the dickhead Townsend on 5 Live discussing Ramos is best avoided unless one enjoys vomit inducing claptrap.

Archived