Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions league final

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

Bale dropping massive hints for a move.

Yep, disgraceful leaving him out of the starting line up tonight tbf. He'll walk into any team who has enough money to afford him. A shame about his injury proneness but what he can do when he is fit makes him worth whatever he's being paid.

• Backroom

Liverpool fans applauding Karius as he apologises but not a single teammate seemed to be consoling him.

Sad to see really

Just now, Tom said:

Liverpool fans applauding Karius as he apologises but not a single teammate seemed to be consoling him.

Sad to see really

It is sad but that has to be the worst ever performance from any keeper in a Champs league final. One gaff is forgivable but two of them is just...

Take those gaffs away its 1-1

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Sad to see really

As shocking as Karius' mistakes were, realistically I don't think Liverpool win this one even if he doesn't make those. Once Salah went off they were barely in the game. Scabbed a goal from a set piece and Mane came close hitting the post, but they just seemed to lose their confidence as soon as Salah got injured. Madrid would have won anyway imo. 

Just now, DE. said:

As shocking as Karius' mistakes were, realistically I don't think Liverpool win this one even if he doesn't make those. Once Salah went off they were barely in the game. Scabbed a goal from a set piece and Mane came close hitting the post, but they just seemed to lose their confidence as soon as Salah got injured. Madrid would have won anyway imo. 

Probably but we never know. Doesn't help when your keeper puts two in your own net.

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

Probably but we never know. Doesn't help when your keeper puts two in your own net.

Oh yeah no doubt, Karius totally ruined any chance they had of even fluking a win, but the better team ultimately won the match. Bale's first goal alone deserves to win that match.

Really poor goalkeeping, you’d have been taking the piss out of a Sunday league keep for both but I can’t say I’m that upset. I like Liverpool as a team but their fans would have been unbearable.

Interesting though that had Karius kicked the ball out and Benzema had done that it would have been a free kick, yet it was ok for his to challenge the attempted roll out.

Poor lad is toast at Liverpool now though. Not sure how you come back from that. Of course the media will lampoon him, then demonise him, the paint him as a victim but there’s no hiding place for that one.

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sad to see really

No..hes garbage...klopp should have addressed the keeper issue ages ago

Just now, roverandout said:

No..hes garbage...klopp should have addressed the keeper issue ages ago

Both him and Mignolet have been toss. Both have shown they have constant mistakes in them. 

You’re right that Klopp should have sorted this out already. 

Ramos is a really bad bloke. I'd rather be a perennial loser (which i am) than be him. Not that he will encounter this. But you'd hope his child would say dad. Why did you hold his arm. Dad why did you go down like that. He's an abhorrent human. 

Bale. Well done. The only solace in that final is that it was won by a great goal by an honest pro.

Ronaldo ghost. 

Liverpool. Disappointing. Losing Salah was a blow. But you'd expect a better reaction from his teammates 

I've now seen a 'keeper worse than Jason Steele. Never thought I would.

In the end 'pool were well beaten due to circumstances: losing Salah, two crap mistakes by the goalie and a lucky overhead kick that could have gone anywhere.

It looks a worldy from Bale but seriously it could have gone anywhere.

Just now, bazza said:

I've now seen a 'keeper worse than Jason Steele. Never thought I would.

In the end 'pool were well beaten due to circumstances: losing Salah, two crap mistakes by the goalie and a lucky overhead kick that could have gone anywhere.

It looks a worldy from Bale but seriously it could have gone anywhere.

That could apply to any goal ever.

Did he mean it? Yes

Did he score? Yes

Worldie.

Just now, Stuart said:

That could apply to any goal ever.

Did he mean it? Yes

Did he score? Yes

Worldie.

Any bicycle kick is really a kick-and-hope effort. Contrast that to Tugay's volley from an MGP corner versus Fulham. Now THAT was a worldie.

Just now, bazza said:

Any bicycle kick is really a kick-and-hope effort. Contrast that to Tugay's volley from an MGP corner versus Fulham. Now THAT was a worldie.

Sounds like we are going to have to agree to disagree.

The intent was there and he executed it perfectly. Churlish to call it hit and hope. Fans of other clubs might say Tugay hit it lucky and that could have gone anywhere. Maybe why it NEVER features amongst any PL volley (or great goal) compilations? Rhet.

Archived