BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions league final

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're talking about men there CLB, these are just boys. What about Sean Edwards playing 75 minutes of a final with a fractured cheek bone.

Nielsen played most of a match vs Charlton with a broken leg if I remember rightly. Kiwis are hard-core!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

Sounds like we are going to have to agree to disagree.

The intent was there and he executed it perfectly. Churlish to call it hit and hope. Fans of other clubs might say Tugay hit it lucky and that could have gone anywhere. Maybe why it NEVER features amongst any PL volley (or great goal) compilations? Rhet.

OK.  It's me being obtuse again.  Just for the hell of it. ?  

19 minutes ago, bazza said:

I've now seen a 'keeper worse than Jason Steele. Never thought I would.

In the end 'pool were well beaten due to circumstances: losing Salah, two crap mistakes by the goalie and a lucky overhead kick that could have gone anywhere.

It looks a worldy from Bale but seriously it could have gone anywhere.

Ronaldo apparently said after the game that Bale "slipped on the sweat of CR7 and the ball deflected off his shin into the goal".

The Egyptian hurt his left shoulder as he went down in a challenge with Sergio Ramos in the 25th minute. Five minutes later he made way for Adam Lallana.

His presence at the World Cup could now be in doubt, as could that of Dani Carvajal — the Real right-back came off with a hamstring injury before the interval.

Those injuries temporarily took the sting out of the game after an enthralling start, with Liverpool on top.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1310166/sport

Shame, we will see.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're talking about men there CLB, these are just boys. What about Sean Edwards playing 75 minutes of a final with a fractured cheek bone.

Bert Trautman?

As soon as I saw the Ramos challenge on Salah I knew it was deliberate! He should have been sent off. 

Oh and Karius was poor overall tonight but did stop a Benzema effort and has made a few class saves in the preceding rounds. As the great philosopher once said, “@hit happens.”

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

Bert Trautman?

As soon as I saw the Ramos challenge on Salah I knew it was deliberate! He should have been sent off. 

Oh and Karius was poor overall tonight but did stop a Benzema effort and has made a few class saves in the preceding rounds. As the great philosopher once said, “@hit happens.”

Deliberate indeed...

Yes, and I'm familiar with the Bert Trautman story as well.

It's a downer, I can not be certain that Real would have won without some of the devastating fortune out there today for Liverpool.  That's the game though.

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Part of me thinks Ramos brought him down on purpose, but the shoulder injury was a bonus. 

Quite deliberate by the r-unt Ramos. He would have expected to break Salah's right arm in the fall so will indeed be suprised with a left shoulder injury.

8 hours ago, Commondore said:

Lallana... It's one thing not being as good as Salah, but being the worst player on the pitch bar Karius? No way he could have been ready for a game like this, either physically or mentally.

Looking at lallana last night and the few times he's played this season I'm surprised he's on the England WC back up squad above Wilshire or Shelvey. Looked well off the pace. Wilshire and Shelvey have both played more and looked better

Shame the Salah injury really killed Liverpool's game. Their whole style of play revolves around that from 3 and a high press  

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nielsen played most of a match vs Charlton with a broken leg if I remember rightly. Kiwis are hard-core!

Nobody plays with a " broken leg " Mike. Broken bone in your leg maybe. When I broke my leg I couldn't put any weight on it immediately afterwards and mine was a clean break. Walking off was out of the question, never mind running.

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Bert Trautman?

Trautmann also had a series of death threats from Tottenham supporters around that time too, saying they're going to shoot him when he plays against them.

11 hours ago, bazza said:

I've now seen a 'keeper worse than Jason Steele. Never thought I would.

In the end 'pool were well beaten due to circumstances: losing Salah, two crap mistakes by the goalie and a lucky overhead kick that could have gone anywhere.

It looks a worldy from Bale but seriously it could have gone anywhere.

Any kick can tehnically go anywhere, he executed it really well. Amazing goal

6 minutes ago, mrssusan said:

Liverpool are a comedy club from top to bottom. First slippy and now flappy. So glad they didn't win couldn't cope with their deluded fans claiming to be "champions of Europe "

My Facebook was full of Liverpool fans going ape last night.

Not about Karius but about Ramos. 

Also, they don’t care what you think, the best team lost. I find that to be highly debatable.

Just now, davulsukur said:

My Facebook was full of Liverpool fans going ape last night.

Not about Karius but about Ramos. 

Also, they don’t care what you think, the best team lost. I find that to be highly debatable.

They were the best team for the first 10-15 mins. After Ramos dealt with mo there was only one winner imo, karius or no karius 

19 minutes ago, mrssusan said:

Liverpool are a comedy club from top to bottom. First slippy and now flappy. So glad they didn't win couldn't cope with their deluded fans claiming to be "champions of Europe "

Cannot stand that lot it was literally like England playing last night when the local pub becomes a sea of red shirts and cheap unofficial t shirts quickly bought from ASDA.

Just where the hell do they all appear from when there is normally no sign of more than half a dozen crowded round the TV for their weekly fix ?   All this 'we' and 'us' malarkey then they don't know the names of half 'their' own team ?

Never seen so many over inflated ego's and delusion as in the run up to this, they were playing Real Madrid for gods sake yet the attitude was just give the ball to that Mo then give us the cup !!!

Place emptied after the third went in, where all this best fans in the world stuff in defeat then ?  I hope they kept their ASDA receipts.

Just now, tomphil said:

Cannot stand that lot it was literally like England playing last night when the local pub becomes a sea of red shirts and cheap unofficial t shirts quickly bought from ASDA.

Just where the hell do they all appear from when there is normally no sign of more than half a dozen crowded round the TV for their weekly fix ?   All this 'we' and 'us' malarkey then they don't know the names of half 'their' own team ?

Never seen so many over inflated ego's and delusion as in the run up to this, they were playing Real Madrid for gods sake yet the attitude was just give the ball to that Mo then give us the cup !!!

Place emptied after the third went in, where all this best fans in the world stuff in defeat then ?  I hope they kept their ASDA receipts.

Agree whole heartedly about the us and we comments. Mate your from Ireland / Birmingham/ Milton Keynes. You haven't been within 25 miles of Liverpool in your life. 

Hopefully they all dissaper and put their city shirts on again

Archived