BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King Kenny

I know it was Liverpool heavy, but the Kenny program tonight was just wonderful. The epitome of class, humility and dignity. What a remarkable man. His time at Rovers is often overlooked but I'm so proud to have had him at the helm.

And I've had so many 'debates' with united fans about the best British manager. Well Ferguson may have the stats, but I wouldn't swap for all the money in the world. Kenny is an absolute touch of class. Just a wonderful man and a wonderful character in the history of our game. God bless you Kenny.

Debating with United fans or even speaking to them is an insufficient waste of energy. Even in 1992 they were saying Shearer had joined Rovers just for money, etc even though Ferguson hadn't won a league title at that point. Of course Dalglish is a class above Ferguson as a human being and having to deal with all those funerals was obviously harrowing. Ironically enough if the Hillsborough 1989 events hadn't happened who's to say he would have ended up here but it's sometimes better not to think about the "butterfly effect". I don't think Dalglish had any thoughts like that on 14th May 95 because you can't really put logical into illogical. Aside from being so petty over Geoff Thomas (is that really all Jack merited in his autobiography such a spiteful dig?) everything he did for this club was exceptional (even the 2 worst periods of his reign still resulted in success at the very end) and you can kinda understand why he has more regard for Liverpool especially after 1989. The only place he failed was at Newcastle which probably says more about Newcastle. His second reign at Anfield wasn't so bad in retrospect it's not like Rodgers inherited a disaster club.

It's documentaries like this though (and the worshipping of Ferguson in media almost to point of being cultlike) which are just one reason why I take Jack Walker's memory so seriously. When you compare to Shankly, Clough, etc it's not "pious" at all to endlessly ask "how would Jack have felt about this?", etc.

Not as a manager he didn't. Only took over from Barnes for approx 3 months (appointed Director of football the previous summer which presumably was a more active role than the equivalent here) and won the Scottish League Cup during that period. Then they sacked him which he wasn't very happy about to say the least. He's won something at every single club he's managed (except Newcastle) including the second Liverpool stint. 

8 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Not as a manager he didn't. Only took over from Barnes for approx 3 months (appointed Director of football the previous summer which presumably was a more active role than the equivalent here) and won the Scottish League Cup during that period. Then they sacked him which he wasn't very happy about to say the least. He's won something at every single club he's managed (except Newcastle) including the second Liverpool stint. 

Yes, he did..

On 27 May 2018 at 10:34, Vinjay17 said:

Debating with United fans or even speaking to them is an insufficient waste of energy. Even in 1992 they were saying Shearer had joined Rovers just for money, etc even though Ferguson hadn't won a league title at that point. Of course Dalglish is a class above Ferguson as a human being and having to deal with all those funerals was obviously harrowing. Ironically enough if the Hillsborough 1989 events hadn't happened who's to say he would have ended up here but it's sometimes better not to think about the "butterfly effect". I don't think Dalglish had any thoughts like that on 14th May 95 because you can't really put logical into illogical. Aside from being so petty over Geoff Thomas (is that really all Jack merited in his autobiography such a spiteful dig?) everything he did for this club was exceptional (even the 2 worst periods of his reign still resulted in success at the very end) and you can kinda understand why he has more regard for Liverpool especially after 1989. The only place he failed was at Newcastle which probably says more about Newcastle. His second reign at Anfield wasn't so bad in retrospect it's not like Rodgers inherited a disaster club.

It's documentaries like this though (and the worshipping of Ferguson in media almost to point of being cultlike) which are just one reason why I take Jack Walker's memory so seriously. When you compare to Shankly, Clough, etc it's not "pious" at all to endlessly ask "how would Jack have felt about this?", etc.

Jack was right about Geoff Thomas.

Archived