BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

dont feel for Shrewsbury one bit. 

Thats football

That is football however surly you can have some empathy towards the Shrewsbury fans who have followed there club up and down the country for year after year avoiding relegation or mid table mediocrity for years then finally they have a season where everything gels and they have some belief and dare to dream about progress then one game they lose and the whole thing is ripped apart to be back at square one. It is football but them fans , proper fans have my sympathies. Hopefully they will do well next season and find decent replacements

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Terry has left villa..... And so it begins, unsurprisingly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44308522

Yup - sounds like Villas decision - they simply cannot afford this spending anymore with FFP.

Seems they missed the boat like we did and will now have no choice but to tone it all done and possibly even face sanctions.

45 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yup - sounds like Villas decision - they simply cannot afford this spending anymore with FFP.

Seems they missed the boat like we did and will now have no choice but to tone it all done and possibly even face sanctions.

I can’t see Bruce sticking around  if there’s no money to spend! It might be the end of Villa’s long superiority of their rivals too... wonder where I’ve seen that before?

Odds on Villa going down?

Edited by scotchrover

On 29/05/2018 at 22:43, Stuart said:

In Cornwall and there was a kid with a shitty “Burnley in Europe” t-shirt on yesterday. Both he and his mum had southern accents!

Amazing what being in the PL does for a club’s attraction from the floating/glory/underdog/generic/“football” fan!

Venkys Out!

For anyone who had the misfortune of Plymouth away, there was a chap there who enjoyed waving a Dingle scarf around.... there must be a couple of them down there.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I can’t see Bruce sticking around  if there’s no money to spend! It might be the end of Villa’s long superiority of their rivals too... wonder where I’ve seen that before?

Odds on Villa going down?

Although villa will cut spending and have to sell they will still have a decent budget if they don't get sanctioned.

They have assets,they could end up selling Grealish for 30 million,they could get 10 for kodja and there are others in their squad that they could get decent fees for.

For me Bruce has done his best work when he hasn't had fortunes to spend,he did good at Wigan and Hull without huge budgets 

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That is football however surly you can have some empathy towards the Shrewsbury fans who have followed there club up and down the country for year after year avoiding relegation or mid table mediocrity for years then finally they have a season where everything gels and they have some belief and dare to dream about progress then one game they lose and the whole thing is ripped apart to be back at square one. It is football but them fans , proper fans have my sympathies. Hopefully they will do well next season and find decent replacements

Chaddy is a very ruthless man,no sympathy for our slain enemies! 

Although he hopes Ipswich do well :)

11 hours ago, scotchrover said:

For anyone who had the misfortune of Plymouth away, there was a chap there who enjoyed waving a Dingle scarf around.... there must be a couple of them down there.  

We met him in the pub afterwards.  He'd gone to the game with a mate and his mate's little lad, and the little lad had a Burnley shirt on too.  He kept parading the lad around the pub in front of us.  The guy with the scarf was a particularly strange chap who kept trying to wind us up for an hour or two until he was eventually told where to go.  None of them were Dingles though, they were Plymouth fans who'd just done it for the bantz!  All very odd.

Wasn't sorry to see Plymouth miss out on the play-offs.

On 29/05/2018 at 12:27, 47er said:

You are forgetting the disparity in size.Blackburn and Darwen---about 100000?

Liverpool 880000! Comparing proportions doesn't really come into this. They could even have a larger % of people on low incomes but still have hundreds of thousands more with higher.

Besides, Liverpool has a vast fanbase outside Liverpool---including Blackburn! even having 2 clubs there doesn't change that.

The crowds will gradually come back if we do well, I agree with that. Burnley manage on less than 20000.

Agree  and yes the fan base will always be significantly lower than Liverpool, but i do think lots of lets say less well off liverpool fans located in Liverpool paid a hell of a lot to get to Kiev.

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can see Derby's slash and burn financial scenario clashing badly with the appointment of Lampard as manager. For our sake I certainly hope so!

He is bringing Jody Morris with him who has won all round him with the Chelsea youth teams. They will bring some of them in I would imagine. 

Budget restraints and Lampards inexperience will be the deciders though. They haven't stuck with managers much in recent times. 

• Backroom

Looks like failing to go up this year is going to be pretty brutal for Villa. Apparently they need to raise £45m through sales just to avoid sanctions. They've spent £150m in the last three seasons. Wage bill is horrific.

They could be in pretty bad shape next season. 

19 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think they will be mid table and possibly playoffs depending who they appoint. Grayson would be decent. 

Do fans have sympathy for us over what we been through since the club was sold? Some do and some dont. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is bringing Jody Morris with him who has won all round him with the Chelsea youth teams. They will bring some of them in I would imagine. 

Budget restraints and Lampards inexperience will be the deciders though. They haven't stuck with managers much in recent times. 

I think Lampard will do well there. Its good to see him taking on a Championship club instead of waiting for PL job like Shearer. Its very annoying he take a job when he had a chance. I remember him being interview after Hughes left and he was interested in Rovers job after Kean left. Didnt Kenny Dalglish recommend him to Shebby Singh?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think they will be mid table and possibly playoffs depending who they appoint. Grayson would be decent. 

Do fans have sympathy for us over what we been through since the club was sold? Some do and some dont. 

I think Lampard will do well there. Its good to see him taking on a Championship club instead of waiting for PL job like Shearer. Its very annoying he take a job when he had a chance. I remember him being interview after Hughes left and he was interested in Rovers job after Kean left. Didnt Kenny Dalglish recommend him to Shebby Singh?

I'm actually happy Shearer didn't come here then, would have ruined a magical legacy 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you base Lampards prospects on chaddy may I ask? Think hes done well to get a chance so high in the pyramid based on very little. Very much an unknown quantity.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

What do you base Lampards prospects on chaddy may I ask? Think hes done well to get a chance so high in the pyramid based on very little. Very much an unknown quantity.

Lampard footballing experience and knowledge plus his worldwide contacts. Plus he has experience people Harry Redknapp around him. 

Lampard will aim high and try to get promotion this season despited the cutbacks..

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lampard footballing experience and knowledge plus his worldwide contacts. Plus he has experience people Harry Redknapp around him. 

Lampard will aim high and try to get promotion this season despited the cutbacks..

So did Bobby Charlton (twice or thrice the player Lampard was),  Nobby Stiles, Geoff Hurst, Alan Ball, Brian Kidd etc etc. An international footballer does not always = great manager!

• Like 2