BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There are hypocrisy, inconsistencies and holes throughout your arguments.

I never said Heckingbottom was a poor choice in terms of his previous job, but in hindsight he was for Leeds because his results were really poor at Leeds. That would be like saying that Coyle wasnt a bad appointment here because he once got Burnley promoted. As @JacknOry agrees, there is a clear decrease in results from the previous manager, who himself was deemed to be underperforming. 

You mention De Boer, you said it was correct to sack him after 4 games if im not mistaken. It doesnt make any sense that in an isolated incident, you think thats the right decision to show absolutely no patience, and that 4 games is enough to judge and 16 isnt for Heckingbottom.

Your point on Swansea/Leeds/Birmingham doesnt prove me wrong. Its all in the quality of manager, and the 3 you mentioned have continiously appointed poor manager after poor manager, and as I keep saying, thats where the issue lies. The quality of managers, if they got a manager that came in and pushed thim up the table, having a positive impact, do you still think they would sack him after a few months? The line in bold should read "Leeds' choices of managers appointed over the last few years have achieve nothing but disappointment and failure to make the playoffs."

To be honest, I dont get why you prefer British managers, you wouldnt be allowed to have that attitude if you was a chairman, and even if youd prefer a British manager, you have to judge all managers irrespective of their nationality. Which goes back to my De Boer point, your insistence that he was rightly sacked after 4 games makes a mockery of your almost exclusively "give a manager more of a chance" mantra.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing isn't it? 

Coyle was a bad appointment as most Rovers fans knew he would be. Very poor manager. 

I have no idea what Jack or Blueboy say as I don't read their posts and are on the ignore list. 

on De Boer sacking, look at what was on behind the scenes there at Palace and the disagreements between him, Parish and the Players. I would suggest you look at what was reported at the time and why he was sacked and the reasons behind it. do you want some links to these reports?

who keep appointing these managers at Leeds then a few months sacking them, surely it time they are sack??? Leeds have gone nowhere over the years but stayed mid table club apart from 1 season under Monk who decide to leave after finishing 7th. 

Sadly, you are wrong that If I was a Chairman I would look overseas as I would be looking British for sure. a lot of good young head coach/managers out there. Some deserve a chance at a higher level. 

Bloody hell, How many folk are on his list?

Never understand putting people on ignore, surely this is a place to debate with people you disagree with? All a little ‘fud’ esque for me.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing isn't it? 

Coyle was a bad appointment as most Rovers fans knew he would be. Very poor manager. 

Erm. You do remember the Chadometer? You were divided over your opinion of Coyle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Erm. You do remember the Chadometer? You were divided over your opinion of Coyle.

Sorry Stuart but you are wrong. 

I gave Coyle a chance to prove me wrong but he didnt. I was never a fan of him. One of the worst appointment in Rovers history. 

Yes I gave him some praise in some games when it was deserved but plenty cricticism when it was deserved. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Never understand putting people on ignore, surely this is a place to debate with people you disagree with? All a little ‘fud’ esque for me.

About 20 people. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I gave him some praise in some games when it was deserved but plenty cricticism when it was deserved. 

That’s like smiling and nodding at a stopped clock twice a day. The only credit that he “deserved” came from the cobbled end of the M65.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Stuart but you are wrong. 

I gave Coyle a chance to prove me wrong but he didnt. I was never a fan of him. One of the worst appointment in Rovers history. 

About 20 people. 

you wanted him sacked, then you didnt, then you did and then you didnt...

the whole reason the chadometer was invented.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thing is, he doesnt even block some of us - just pretends he does. He slipped with me by directly replying to one of my posts not so long ago.

• Moderation Lead
On 02/06/2018 at 20:39, scotchrover said:

Disagree- West Brom and Swansea are closer to that than Leeds. Leeds will go under the radar because it’s been common practice for many years to hire and fire.

West Brom have foreign owner who doesn’t really know what’s going on at the club. They’re broke, meaning they’re currently in limbo. I’ll bet some decision there are Venky-like in summer!

Swansea have a number of owners which are currently at war with each other. The fans absolutely detest the Yanks for the lack of investment, despite millions coming in from the TV deal. Add to the fact they’ve avoided relegation a good few times by the skin of their teeth, just like Sunderland did, they could well be heading down again.

Common denominator in all of this? Foreign owners! With all this new TV money, why are there very few British owners? 

Probably because they don’t have the cash...Ask fans of Man City how they feel about foreign owners and see how you get on...

So a consortium led by a former agent, with Paul Senior who I believe has links to certain agents might take over Vile. And with no idea who the British business people are. Nothing to worry about at all if you support them!

A quick look at Matt Southall suggests he has tried to lead a group that attempted to buy Newport County, he runs some sort of academy with Cameron Jerome and owns an employment agency called Acorn.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

So a consortium led by a former agent, with Paul Senior who I believe has links to certain agents might take over Vile. And with no idea who the British business people are. Nothing to worry about at all if you support them!

A quick look at Matt Southall suggests he has tried to lead a group that attempted to buy Newport County, he runs some sort of academy with Cameron Jerome and owns an employment agency called Acorn.

I don't know if there is a link but weren't Villa's shirt sponsors called Acorn?

The situation at Villa sounds really bad. CEO suspended, looking like they need to raise between 40 to 70 million pounds in players sales to meet FFP rules. 

Will Bruce be staying if they are massive cutbacks? Expect him to walk away. Then what next? Any good manager wont go there. Wouldnt surprise if someone like Kevin McDonald was appointed. Think he still there as head of development. So someone who would play the youth. Seems that going to Villa way bring through the youth cos any players worth money will be sold. 

No loans players will be coming back next season. 

What the hell has gone on Villa within the last 2 seasons and since this new owner came in. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The situation at Villa sounds really bad. CEO suspended, looking like they need to raise between 40 to 70 million pounds in players sales to meet FFP rules. 

Will Bruce be staying if they are massive cutbacks? Expect him to walk away. Then what next? Any good manager wont go there. Wouldnt surprise if someone like Kevin McDonald was appointed. Think he still there as head of development. So someone who would play the youth. Seems that going to Villa way bring through the youth cos any players worth money will be sold. 

What the hell has gone on Villa within the last 2 seasons and since this new owner came in. 

Risk hasnt paid off and they are left with a massive wage bill, ageing squad which Bruce has helped to build and you mention how much they need to raise, whose sellable bar Grealish?

Regardless, the size of the club means they can do a lot better than McDonald. Could be a good job for Big Sam.

Trevor Birch helping now Wyness has gone which usually points to liquidity issues and insolvency.

Amavi and Sanchez future instalment fees got sold 2nd Feb already to an Australian bank according to a document at CH to help with cash flow.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if Stan Petrov can take over as their manager if Bruce does leave and noone else is up for the position :?