BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, arbitro said:

I think it sums up lots of clubs Matty. Vastly overpriced and overpaid players which ultimately drives the cost of transfer fees and wages up for everybody. And relative to League One wages and transfer fees we were as bad last season.

Yep, so lucky we didn't stick around there. 

Now we are in a position where we have a very good wage structure in place for the level we are at 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

With a stronger squad than the one we went down with, wouldn't you agree? 

Probably.  I was referring to the wage structure. It was fine for the league we were in, not so good for the league we will be in next season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Probably.  I was referring to the wage structure. It was fine for the league we were in, not so good for the league we will be in next season.

Our wage bill will have gone up without any signings through the door as the lads who had  relegation wage reduction clauses in their contracts will see their wages return to their original level, Waggot confirmed this in the telegraph a couple of weeks ago 

• Like 1

Given that India isn't a communist government at least sending funds out of India isn't likely to be a problem for Rovers. Notwithstanding other potential issues for those who know Venkys can't be trusted. Xia might just be using it as an excuse though considering the caps aren't really a burden on the level of transactions he's sending. Maybe it's just a means of delaying that payment (a winding up order certainly does not mean doomsday is imminent it's just down to delayed payments though imagine there's regulations to prevent repetitive flouting) since he wants to sell and would rather use money via selling people like Grealish instead. I imagine Bruce will probably quit soon. Crystal Palace have missed a payment as well and there's no indications of financial troubles there so not sure what their excuse is.

FFP is doing a good job then. :rolleyes:

FUP and doing a "good job" can never be associated together. Rotten to the damn core fullstop.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Given that India isn't a communist government at least sending funds out of India isn't likely to be a problem for Rovers. Notwithstanding other potential issues for those who know Venkys can't be trusted. Xia might just be using it as an excuse though considering the caps aren't really a burden on the level of transactions he's sending. Maybe it's just a means of delaying that payment (a winding up order certainly does not mean doomsday is imminent it's just down to delayed payments though imagine there's regulations to prevent repetitive flouting) since he wants to sell and would rather use money via selling people like Grealish instead. I imagine Bruce will probably quit soon. Crystal Palace have missed a payment as well and there's no indications of financial troubles there so not sure what their excuse is.

Could have just said that Xia is BS'ting.

Why are all your posts so long winded and not to point?

• Like 3

On 05/06/2018 at 21:23, jim mk2 said:

No money to spend, club in crisis, turmoil off the field, ageing squad, fans up in arms, morale low. Perfect for Sam.  

You forgot John Williams. We all must tout him for any job of any reasonable significance as well. ?Finn and Goodman as well don't want them all on the breadline do we?

Have to ask why refer to Jack as "Walker" but to Allardyce as "Sam?"

Villa situation:

Rumours of FFP trouble and a fine/embargo - hasn't happened yet

Rumours of administration and a points deduction - hasn't happened yet

Rumours of all their best players being sold in a desperate bid to balance the books and stave off Armageddon - hasn't happened yet

Rumours of Bruce walking away - hasn't happened yet.

So basically loads of rumours which are to be expected when a so-called big club with huge expenditure fails to go up after 2 attempts, but as yet nothing serious has happened which makes me think they will struggle next season.

The clowns at the EFL have put in place a FFP system that can be flaunted as numerous clubs have successfully done over the last few years so they can bang the FFP drum all day long but until the punishment is issue and enforced it is meaningless talk.

Likewise administration is highly unlikely to happen and is often thrown around in the media to try and wind people up. When was the last time a League club went into admin?

So of course I might be proven wrong and frankly with Villa I hope that I am, but as we stand they've still got a huge wage bill, quality squad and quality manager for this league and if things remain as they are they will be in contention again next season. Maybe they will have a fire-sale and collapse but that doesn't happen very often. Infact it only really happened at Rovers. Most other clubs find a way of sorting themselves out without flogging all the family silver overnight.  

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The clowns at the EFL have put in place a FFP system that can be flaunted as numerous clubs have successfully done over the last few years so they can bang the FFP drum all day long but until the punishment is issue and enforced it is meaningless talk.

UEFA are the clowns for devising the whole crooked FUP in first place.

Evil liars is what they are and needless to say I'm not a fan of such types. 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Saw on Twitter from one of their fans...

’you don’t play that amount of games at this level without being a decent player’

?

You also do not get released by your last two championships clubs if you are a decent player. They have probably looked at his opta stats and seen his high passing rate as well - just they will soon find out that these were mainly passes backwards or sidewards no more than 10 feet away.

As mentioned earlier on here it would just be typical for Lowe to notch his 2nd goal in nearly 200 games in the last minute against us. As unlikely as that may seem given his performances for us we're the side that allowed Emile Heskey to bag a winner against us for the pigs feet not long ago. We seem to have a habit of making the unlikely and unbelievable occur against Notlob.

Edited by JHRover

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On his signing interview (2:08) :

‘What can the fans expect from you ?’

‘Tackles

A few bookings

Lead the team’

?

I can't be bothered listening but he looks like he has been on the weights. Normally being too bulky slows you down, he'll be running in reverse soon to match his passing.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Another gamble on an inexperienced manager by a relegated club. Fair do's to them they're putting their faith in a young highly rated British manager but like with Moore at WBA he's got no experience of working in the pressurized environment of the Championship.