BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44481033

Here we go. A 'holding company' that owns Birmingham has entered into a sponsorship deal with the club to rename their stadium and training ground. A 'significant' deal which will enable 'improving the playing squad'.

Trillion Trophy Asia will 'benefit from increased exposure, and commercial/marketing opportunities' (pretty sure they don't sell anything and their website sheds no light on what they do).

Basically just a back door to pumping money into the club which will get them round FFP rules (Birmingham rumoured to be on thin ice last season after the Redknapp spending - yet haven't been sanctioned yet).

Once again nothing stopping Venkys from renaming Brockhall as the 'VH training ground' for multi-millions to inject into transfers. At least Venkys are a brand that sells things.

Rovers are not even mentioned on their website anymore since its re-launch (more modern than before looks like its from 2001 rather than 1995, only giveaway it is recent is a hello venkys news item from 2016 :)), granted previously it was in passing -First Indian owners of a Premier League club etc

Edited by perthblue02

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Gary Bowyer making some really poor and unimaginative signings at Blackpool, bringing in John O'Sullivan and Chris Taylor.

Add them to Spearing and Delfouenso and youve got a mini Rovers reunion. Can see them struggling if thats the calibre of players they are bringing in.

I don't see that struggling at all. 

Bowyer has done a great job there. even with all the ownership issues going on there. 

He is signing players who know the league and he knows instead of some foreign players who will take months to settle in

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bowyer has done a great job there. even with all the ownership issues going on there. 

He is signing players who know the league and he knows instead of some foreign players who will take months to settle in

Players who are known not to be good enough, who hes signing even though he knows that.

He has done well so far in terms of getting them promoted initially, but hes not the best manager as he proved here, and the signings hes made there suggest hes running out of ideas, in my opinion. Chris Taylor and John O'Sullivan are really poor signings, theres better out there.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

foreign players in league 1?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Players who are known not to be good enough, who hes signing even though he knows that.

He has done well so far in terms of getting them promoted initially, but hes not the best manager as he proved here, and the signings hes made there suggest hes running out of ideas, in my opinion. Chris Taylor and John O'Sullivan are really poor signings, theres better out there.

Chris Taylor and John O'Sullivan at league 1 level are good enough. 

He did well keeping them up despite the ownership problems last season and achieved a good finish in the league. 

Do you know his budget he working with there this season? 

better out there? 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He did well keeping them up despite the ownership problems last season and achieved a good finish in the league. 

better out there? 

If you think them 2 are anything but shocking then lets agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

better out there? 

O'Sullvan did nothing at Rochdale apart from getting sent off. I don't think he did much at Bury either.

Bielsa finally confirmed. Interested to see what happens there.

Potential for further chaos but id say its a more exciting, interesting and potentially rewarding appointment than plucking an average manager from the merry go round. Leeds have Bielsa, QPR have "experienced" McLaren, I know who id prefer.

There's probably a 10% that Bielsa will be a masterstoke and a 90% chance it will go horribly wrong and he won't last the season.

Big question marks - his stock has fallen massively, questions about his methods, he seems to fall out with every club he works at, very strange goings on particularly at Lazio, yet no denying he's a big name and a bit of a coup for a mid-table Championship side, and I doubt he'll come cheap.

Half looks to me like Leeds are trying to make a statement by appointing a high profile manager but again are doing a complete about turn going down a very different path with a huge gamble when there are much safer options out there.

I don't think I'd want him at Rovers and I'd be more comfortable with Mowbray or most other Championship managers at the helm making decisions. A combination of Bielsa's reputation, turnover in jobs and Leeds' rate of managers suggests he'll do very well to last the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bielsa finally confirmed. Interested to see what happens there.

Potential for further chaos but id say its a more exciting, interesting and potentially rewarding appointment than plucking an average manager from the merry go round. Leeds have Bielsa, QPR have "experienced" McLaren, I know who id prefer.

will Bielsa last the season there? or sacked during the season like his time at Lille and Lazio where he lasted 2 days. 

lets see what both Bielsa and McClaren do at their clubs. I think McClaren will surprise a few people this season

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's probably a 10% that Bielsa will be a masterstoke and a 90% chance it will go horribly wrong and he won't last the season.

Big question marks - his stock has fallen massively, questions about his methods, he seems to fall out with every club he works at, very strange goings on particularly at Lazio, yet no denying he's a big name and a bit of a coup for a mid-table Championship side, and I doubt he'll come cheap.

Half looks to me like Leeds are trying to make a statement by appointing a high profile manager but again are doing a complete about turn going down a very different path with a huge gamble when there are much safer options out there.

I don't think I'd want him at Rovers and I'd be more comfortable with Mowbray or most other Championship managers at the helm making decisions. A combination of Bielsa's reputation, turnover in jobs and Leeds' rate of managers suggests he'll do very well to last the season.

I would agree JH very big question marks about him. 

from media reports Leeds are paying him over 2 millions pounds per season. plus a number of other things like Training ground rebuilding, etc. 

I wouldn't want him here I know that. Very happy with Mowbray. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

will Bielsa last the season there? or sacked during the season like his time at Lille and Lazio where he lasted 2 days. 

lets see what both Bielsa and McClaren do at their clubs. I think McClaren will surprise a few people this season

I would agree JH very big question marks about him. 

from media reports Leeds are paying him over 2 millions pounds per season. plus a number of other things like Training ground rebuilding, etc. 

I wouldn't want him here I know that. Very happy with Mowbray. 

I acknowledged theres a risk but Leeds have stagnated and maybe need to think outside the box. Could be a masterstroke, could end in tears. But its exciting. Hes a big name with in the main an impressive CV.

What has McLaren done to suggest hes anything other than a poor manager amidst the typical merry go round?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I acknowledged theres a risk but Leeds have stagnated and maybe need to think outside the box. Could be a masterstroke, could end in tears. But its exciting. Hes a big name with in the main an impressive CV.

What has McLaren done to suggest hes anything other than a poor manager amidst the typical merry go round?

massive risk considering Bielsa last 2 jobs where he hasn't lasted a season or even 6 months. his success was 5 years ago at best

it is that exciting really? big name really? 

never won a trophy in 3 European leagues he managed in. 

its McClaren not McLaren. won 2 trophies during his management career. one at FC Twente and one league cup at Boro. 

Yes I will admitted that McClaren hasn't done nothing since his first spell at Derby but you building Bielsa up like he Pep or Mourinho

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

massive risk considering Bielsa last 2 jobs where he hasn't lasted a season or even 6 months. his success was 5 years ago at best

its McClaren not McLaren. won 2 trophies during his management career. one at FC Twente and one league cup at Boro. 

Yes I will admitted that McClaren hasn't done nothing since his first spell at Derby but you building Bielsa up like he Pep or Mourinho

You only have to listen to Pochettino and Pep speak about Bielsa to see how highly regarded he is in the game.

Yes it's a gamble and he ie temperamental but it is an exciting appointment for Leeds you can't really dispute that.I agree they could have gone for a safer option but he is a big name in the game Chaddy.

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How am I building him up like Pep or Mourinho?!

I said it is a big gamble that could end in tears. But its a big name whose managed big clubs, whose made a big impression on some of the best managers in England at the moment, whose tactical approach was at a time revolutionary, who would you have appointed may I ask? Probably boring choices, or Heckingbotham, who might have kept them pottering along, but theyve stagnated for too long, maybe they want a gamble.

Cant believe you are correcting people on spelling either.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

You only have to listen to Pochettino and Pep speak about Bielsa to see how highly regarded he is in the game.

Yes it's a gamble and he ie temperamental but it is an exciting appointment for Leeds you can't really dispute that.I agree they could have gone for a safer option but he is a big name in the game Chaddy.

A massive gamble on a very temperamental guy. 

Not sure how exciting it is it? Lets see how he copes with championship football and British players. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

How am I building him up like Pep or Mourinho?!

I said it is a big gamble that could end in tears. But its a big name whose managed big clubs, whose made a big impression on some of the best managers in England at the moment, whose tactical approach was at a time revolutionary, who would you have appointed may I ask? Probably boring choices, or Heckingbotham, who might have kept them pottering along, but theyve stagnated for too long, maybe they want a gamble.

Cant believe you are correcting people on spelling either.

look at your comments. 

a big name who managed big clubs? really? not in Europe pal. 

Who would I have appointed? I would have gone for Dean Smith from Brentford. But I did say I would have kept Heckingbottom on and give him at least half a season and a summer of building his own squad. 

Leeds United have been gambleing  for years and achieve nothing but waste after waste of money. 

Bielsa is a maverick,  this is a massive statement being made by Leeds United.

The likelihood of him being a success is 50/50 imo...

However he is a massive name, managed Chile,  Argentina, Athletic Bilbao amongst others. Leeds will be great to watch next year,  I'm intrigued to see what happens...

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

A massive gamble on a very temperamental guy. 

Not sure how exciting it is it? Lets see how he copes with championship football and British players. 

look at your comments. 

a big name who managed big clubs? really? not in Europe pal. 

Who would I have appointed? I would have gone for Dean Smith from Brentford. But I did say I would have kept Heckingbottom on and give him at least half a season and a summer of building his own squad. 

Leeds United have been gambleing  for years and achieve nothing but waste after waste of money. 

Hes managed Athletic Bilbao and Marseille, you are deriding them and championing managers that have come from Brentford and Barnsley.

I dont think you are reading what I am putting properly. I keep insisting that it is a gamble, that it is a risk, but I just feel like its an exciting one, read up on him, he adopts pretty unique tactics, different formations, aggressive presses, hes obsessed with football and watching players and improving players, hes well reknown so I have no doubt that he will have contacts and an attraction to players that Smith and Heckingbottom can only dream of.

How have they gambled for years? Theyve appointed a mixture of managers from the merry go round, Garry Monk, Steve Evans, Neil Redfearn, Uwe Rosler, Brian McDermott, none of whom where ever going to provide anything but a bit of stability, and a few foreign no marks with random CVs who no one had heard of.