BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My predictions are base on now and that's could change depending on what happens during the rest of the transfer window. 

I feel Pulis will have Boro up there in the top 2 and Stoke have a good squad but little unsure whether Rowett can take them up tbh. 

If WBA make the signings they are being linked with I can see them making playoffs at least. On Swansea. I  see that more of long term project of a couple of seasons before they challenge. maybe top 2 in season 19/20. lots of deadwood to clear out and signings to be made. 

Villa's chances are slim of promotion unless they keep some good players and who they buy. will Bruce stick around? I'm unsure. 

Leeds haven't back Bielsa so far. strange really. Also unsure on Karanka and whether he can get them promotion this season. 

I see QPR mid table tbh. good young players there with some experience. 

See Bolton staying up just again like last season. 21st. 

Wigan have no money atm and are just looking at loans and frees. The takeover still hasn't happen and I would be questioning why not yet. 

Agree on Boro being up there, wont be pretty but all that matters is results.

Villa have no chance, aging squad with Grealish soon to go according to Bruce. Clubs in chaos.

Swansea need to push to get back at the first attempt. Projects, whatever you call them, have to really try and get back at the first time of asking.

My questions of Forest arent of the manager, hes proven himself with a promotion before. Not 100% of the calibre of the new players, if they are like Neves, Costa, Jota. Boly etc, and they still have some players that arent good enough but I fancy them for the play offs.

QPR, not convinced they have the good young players to get them mid table? Plus managers a shocker, have to consider that.

Bolton have a diabolical squad, Madines goal spree before he left is what got them over the line, Lowe and Donaldson are poor signings, players unpaid, have to be favourites for the drop.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Agree on Boro being up there, wont be pretty but all that matters is results.

Villa have no chance, aging squad with Grealish soon to go according to Bruce. Clubs in chaos.

Swansea need to push to get back at the first attempt. Projects, whatever you call them, have to really try and get back at the first time of asking.

My questions of Forest arent of the manager, hes proven himself with a promotion before. Not 100% of the calibre of the new players, if they are like Neves, Costa, Jota. Boly etc, and they still have some players that arent good enough but I fancy them for the play offs.

QPR, not convinced they have the good young players to get them mid table? Plus managers a shocker, have to consider that.

Bolton have a diabolical squad, Madines goal spree before he left is what got them over the line, Lowe and Donaldson are poor signings, players unpaid, have to be favourites for the drop.

I think Villa could make playoffs depends on who they signed and sell but we get a clearer picture closing to the start of the season. Plus some good young players there. 

I think Swansea is a long term project and no quick fix there. Squad mentally is my problem there. Unless they can have a big turnaround in playing squad I don't see them getting promote this season. 

My question on Forest is about the manager and his tactics

QPR, We will see how McClaren do there. 

Bolton could be deffo for the drop but I think Parkinson could get them to stay up. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He finished above us and above Mowbray with that squad "that isnt great." 

He is a bit of a prick but hes a good manager with a track record.

I'm was talking about their squad now at Championship level. 

Yes he is an arrogant prick. cant stand him full time. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Same squad. No obvious losses either like we have had with Armstrong etc heading back after their loans.

He is but hes good and thats all that matters. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So is Ronaldo but I don't let that get in the way of my judgement of him as a great footballer. Maybe Cook has something to be arrogant about. I watched them beat City in the FACup last season, Rovers couldn't have done that.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Have I missed something? What record does Cook have in the Championship?

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll keep them up based on his ability to unite what is a decent squad.

But basing it on his record 'at this level' is daft. Otherwise we'd be expecting playoffs as a minimum based on Mowbray's 'record at this level'.

• Moderation Lead

Makes me laugh seeing people criticise people for being arrogant as a reason not to hire someone. It's a results business and they get results.

You're talking about a potential player or a manager, not a future son-in-law!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

Some of the most unpleasant and annoying people imaginable have been successful managers.

In the Championship people like Warnock and Davies are controversial characters who fall out with people left right and centre yet they have phenomenal results and track records and are great at winding up the opposition and rallying supporters behind them. The sort of people you loathe when in the opposition dugout but who would be loved if they were in our dugout fighting for the club.

Honesty and integrity is all well and good. Particularly in our case where we have been exposed to countless individuals who couldn't be trusted. But it actually has very little relevance to managerial ability or results. Sometimes having a nasty character as manager is a good thing. Don't think Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho have reputations for being nice honest men either. Ruthless, cunning and calculating yet very successful.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

Some of the most unpleasant and annoying people imaginable have been successful managers.

In the Championship people like Warnock and Davies are controversial characters who fall out with people left right and centre yet they have phenomenal results and track records and are great at winding up the opposition and rallying supporters behind them. The sort of people you loathe when in the opposition dugout but who would be loved if they were in our dugout fighting for the club.

Honesty and integrity is all well and good. Particularly in our case where we have been exposed to countless individuals who couldn't be trusted. But it actually has very little relevance to managerial ability or results. Sometimes having a nasty character as manager is a good thing. Don't think Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho have reputations for being nice honest men either. Ruthless, cunning and calculating yet very successful.

Having met them both, they certainly are.

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Makes me laugh seeing people criticise people for being arrogant as a reason not to hire someone. It's a results business and they get results.

You're talking about a potential player or a manager, not a future son-in-law!

Yeah, it's like all those footballers we called tossers until they pulled on a Rovers shirt, The Bellamy's, Dickov's, Savage's of this world. They were all great then !

Don't your personal prejudices cloud your judgement when you're looking at football players and managers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe Cook has something to be arrogant about. I watched them beat City in the FACup last season, Rovers couldn't have done that.

About What?

We dont know how Rovers would have done. You seem always criticise Rovers and praises other clubs and players

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

About What?

We dont know how Rovers would have done. You seem always criticise Rovers and praises other clubs and players

They won League 1 and we didn't. That's something to boast about.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

About What?

That's because I watch both teams, not just the one in blue and white. I praise Rovers  and the playing staff when they deserve it. I gave Dack , Raya, Bennett, Lenihan etc plenty of praise. 

In that Wigan v  City game Wigan defended like their lives depended on it. They nilled a team that had scored goals for fun against the best in this country and in Europe last season. We struggled to keep a clean sheet against teams that got relegated. Give credit where credit's due. If you only watch one team in a game you'll never really learn anything about football.

How did we go on in the FA Cup ? Just remind me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's because I watch both teams, not just the one in blue and white. I praise Rovers  and the playing staff when they deserve it. I gave Dack , Raya, Bennett, Lenihan etc plenty of praise. 

In that Wigan v  City game Wigan defended like their lives depended on it. They nilled a team that had scored goals for fun against the best in this country and in Europe last season. We struggled to keep a clean sheet against teams that got relegated. Give credit where credit's due. If you only watch one team in a game you'll never really learn anything about football.

How did we go on in the FA Cup ? Just remind me.

didn't watch the Wigan Man City game as I was at Ewood Park supporting my team against Bury. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't watch the Wigan Man City game as I was at Ewood Park supporting my team against Bury. 

He could have watched the city Wigan game when he got back from ewood or the day after if he recorded it

• Like 1

England winning the World Cup. No question. Rovers will have four goes at promotion before the next opportunity.

Always interesting the selfishness of people though. “I’ve already seen England win the World Cup sod the rest of you”.

Rovers meanwhile have been promoted several times in recent memory.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Would you rather Rovers promoted this season or England won the world cup? 

Personally I'd rather we got promoted. 

England win the World Cup. Obviously.

Rovers go for promotion every season. If we don't get it this year we'll go again for it next. That is unless we are struggling to avoid relegation.

RoversClitheroe, you must be Scottish.