BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I'd take league 2 with new owners who actually care about the club and build from there.

Current situation is a complete sham.

Venkys out.

The amount of money in football these days, any championship club might seem a decent proposition to a mega rich businessman. Chuck a bit of money at it initially, get up to the prem and then the big money starts coming in. If we were put up for sale I do think there would be definite interest. Save this debate for another day though. There's signings to be made ;) 

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Doubt that. You do remember last season don't ya? 

You do remember the previous six and a half seasons don't ya?,

Only needs them to go full Venky again and I reckon they could easily reach the cost cutting heaven of the Fourth division in three seasons. 

As it currently stands , what seems a fairly sensible hands off approach I do admit it looks unlikely , but never say never with Venky's 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

So Villa's impending crisis and disaster looks set to be avoided by the arrival of one of Africa's richest men and an American multi-millionaire.

I called it that nothing seriously bad would happen to Villa.

So far no financial disaster, no FFP sanctions, no embargo and apart from the likely sale of Grealish no major departures.

Villa finding some new funding sources isn't directly connected to FFP... They've certainly been lucky to find some new owners/funders willing to cover likely losses of £10m+ every year. You make that sound easy! Good for them, but this doesn't change that their parachute payments are dropping from £33m last year to £15m this year.

Villa had two separate problems: being on track to breach FFP after two seasons of high losses and their parachute payments running out, and Tony Xia apparently running into some difficulties in accessing his funds back in China to meet ongoing financial obligations (or so has been reported, who knows what exactly is going on with his finances...). This apparently solves the latter problem.

Selling Grealish for £30m+ should pretty easily get them in line with FFP (that's a pretty major departure to sweep under the rug!), along with some other less dramatic cost-cutting (e.g. Terry). Parring losses down to £13m in a season, or £39m over three seasons, shouldn't be that difficult when you're able to book a £30m profit in player trading when needed. The issue is when you don't have such a selling windfall lifeline to bail you out and/or the investments you've made in the past don't turn into a highly valued player like Grealish...

Now, if Villa end up not selling Grealish and somehow still stay within FFP... that would be interesting indeed!

Edited by RoverCanada

Derby are going to be a threat, Wilson and Mount look terrific loan signings and Jozefoon will give them such pace. Dependant solely on Lampards ability as a manager.

Stoke favourites for the title in my opinion, Ince and McLean both potentially experienced wingers, Allen and Etebo giving them control in midfield, Afobe a proven goalscorer, experience at the back, Butland seemingly staying and if Bojan stays too he might give them that bit of flair.

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Derby are going to be a threat, Wilson and Mount look terrific loan signings and Jozefoon will give them such pace. Dependant solely on Lampards ability as a manager.

Stoke favourites for the title in my opinion, Ince and McLean both potentially experienced wingers, Allen and Etebo giving them control in midfield, Afobe a proven goalscorer, experience at the back, Butland seemingly staying and if Bojan stays too he might give them that bit of flair.

Why having ripped the erividese apart with vitesse has he gone on loan to a championship club...why do chelsea even have a youth team.

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Why having ripped the erividese apart with vitesse has he gone on loan to a championship club...why do chelsea even have a youth team.

It makes you wonder why the FA haven’t changed the laws around youth players, with how poorly they manage their youth set up. However, I’m starting to wonder why we bother with ours, after the announcement to move Scott Wharton out again. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 2

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/july/rovers-set-for-sky-sports-double-header/

2 games moved for TV. Bolton away and Villa home both 5:30pm kick offs.

Rovers were very clear that when allocating the entire Darwen End to away fans that the police insist on a noon kick off so that must mean Villa will be limited in their allocation.

Interesting that the police are happy for Rovers to go to Bolton for a 5:30pm kick off yet we have to play PNE at 12 noon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/july/rovers-set-for-sky-sports-double-header/

Rovers were very clear that when allocating the entire Darwen End to away fans that the police insist on a noon kick off so that must mean Villa will be limited in their allocation.

Interesting that the police are happy for Rovers to go to Bolton for a 5:30pm kick off yet we have to play PNE at 12 noon.

Different police forces probably why.

Edited by AAK

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Just proves that there is no need for draconian measures at Ewood v Preston and Leeds.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just proves that there is no need for draconian measures at Ewood v Preston and Leeds.

Just proves that money talks.

Does anyone know if Sky pays for policing for live games?

40 minutes ago, DE. said:

Reports that Henry will be replacing Bruce at Villa. That should be interesting.

Strange one. I think Villa would be far better sticking with Bruce.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah thats rumour with Steve Bould coming as number 2  

Isn't he still Arsenal assistant manager following Emery's appointment? Strange if he walks out of a cushy number there to go to Villa.

• Backroom

I'd stick with Bruce too. As a pundit Henry basically came across as a French Alan Shearer, just stating the obvious repeatedly. Although there was also this moment:

But who knows, it could work out for him. Or it could end up like Zola at Birmingham.  

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Reports that Henry will be replacing Bruce at Villa. That should be interesting.

Looks like a case of style over substance from the new owners to me. Bruce has as good a record in the Championship as anyone. To replace him with Henry is a bad call in my opinion. I can't see him doing well in the Championship. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JacknOry said:

If true, I hope this shuts up Sol Campbell for good.

Seems unlikely, but yeah, it should do.

The expression that always comes to mind with him 'If you think everyone else is the problem, it's probably you'.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4