BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

On 23/07/2018 at 03:57, scotchrover said:

It makes you wonder why the FA haven’t changed the laws around youth players, with how poorly they manage their youth set up. However, I’m starting to wonder why we bother with ours, after the announcement to move Scott Wharton out again. 

Probably the reason is that they are frightened to death of asking the Premier League if they can

Just now, K-Hod said:

Seems unlikely, but yeah, it should do.

The expression that always comes to mind with him 'If you think everyone else is the problem, it's probably you'.

SC just expects to be able to jump into a job at the top without working lower leagues, being an assistant somewhere or making any effort whatsoever. This is obviously the next step after coaching at Arsenal, taking his badges and then his role with Belgium. Still a risky appointment in my opinion but he deserves a crack at management somewhere - same cannot be said for the biggest ego in London.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I'd stick with Bruce too. As a pundit Henry basically came across as a French Alan Shearer, just stating the obvious repeatedly. Although there was also this moment:

But who knows, it could work out for him. Or it could end up like Zola at Birmingham.  

Zola at Big Club went through my mind as well.

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

Just proves that money talks.

Does anyone know if Sky pays for policing for live games?

Doubt it ,think it will be the same as non TV games, which I believe is at the tax payers expense unless police enter the ground then costed accordingly.

Some figures on policing of games in various divisions on @FSF_FairCop twitter timeline

BBC article on policing in football https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44871578

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I've never understood why people buzz off him so much, I find him incredibly annoying,  me!

Same here. Comes across as an utter buffoon - and it's a shame, as when it comes to football I think he has a solid handle on the game and how to build a half-decent team. You wouldn't think it from listening to him though.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Think hes a good signing at this level. The market is what it is. 

Stoke I think will win the title. McLean im not as sure about.

Not sure about the manager at Stoke.  I think they will start badly, sack him and then end up with a decent manager.

They'll have plenty, ring them.

Looking at the club's Twitter it seems that the online ticketing site has been playing up for weeks - Waggott's never going to get his bonus for hitting the stretch target for ST sales at this rate!

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

They'll have plenty, ring them.

Looking at the club's Twitter it seems that the online ticketing site has been playing up for weeks - Waggott's never going to get his bonus for hitting the stretch target for ST sales at this rate!

The stadium plan on the season ticket section of the website has been out of order for weeks. The club were aware of it yet still hasn't been fixed. Meanwhile the stadium plan for the Liverpool and Everton games is working. Makes me wonder whether they want it fixed as when it is people can count the number of tickets sold, and we know they aren't keen on that information being readily available.

Waggott reckoned last week we could shift another 1500 season tickets at full price on the back of incoming signings. If he thinks a couple of teenagers on loan from Southampton and City are going to get people queuing on Nuttall Street for tickets he's very much mistaken.

12 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Some of the big ones like Derby and Villa are going to have untested managers. Hopefully it ends in tears, for our own sake ?

Just reading about Villa there, about to sack their manager 10 days before the season starts and window closes. Absolutely crazy stuff