BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

49 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I think on results over 11 games we were mid-table with a terrible sqaud. We have a much better squad with an amazing team spirit, I think we should be confident this year! 

Not too much can be taken at all from that. We had Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Graham and Bennett in the team still. But we had new manager bounce and crucially we played a lot of teams with nothing to play for.

Im not saying we dont have reasons to be confident but theres no point reading into and extrapolating that little run of games.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, robbojohnno said:

It's as open as it's ever been IMO even with the parachute payments for the relegated clubs. Here's my predictions for the league on the whole including Rovers.. https://bobbysblag.com/2018/08/01/efl-championship-preview-18-19/ 

That was a good read, thanks. I didn't realise Forest had spent so much. 

26 minutes ago, robbojohnno said:

It's as open as it's ever been IMO even with the parachute payments for the relegated clubs. Here's my predictions for the league on the whole including Rovers.. https://bobbysblag.com/2018/08/01/efl-championship-preview-18-19/ 

Great read. I love the "did you know" sections at the end. Some random ones :) 

2 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

hope we start the season well. how strong is Ipswich?

Not really sure but tipped to finish above us by Sky - What do they know though huh?

They have brought in Ellis Harrison and Gwion Edwards - two targets that a few here would have liked us to go for.

I reckon if Dack and Graham starts as they finished last season and Palmer hits the ground running, we might have a bit too much for them.

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not really sure but tipped to finish above us by Sky - What do they know though huh?

They have brought in Ellis Harrison and Gwion Edwards - two targets that a few here would have liked us to go for.

I reckon if Dack and Graham starts as they finished last season and Palmer hits the ground running, we might have a bit too much for them.

Would be nice to start off with an away win?

when I have a bit of time later, gonna check out their friendlies results?

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/august/birmingham-city-profitability-and-sustainability/

I have to hand it to the League. Just when i thought they couldn't be more ridiculous in their approach they've managed it.

So they've finally confirmed, what every man and his dog had known for some time, less than a week before transfer deadline day, that Birmingham have broken the rules and so will be referred to a 'disciplinary commission' and will be RESTRICTED in new player registrations.

Meanwhile their £2-3 million summer signing of a Danish international will be allowed despite the league being able to refuse to register him should they wish. 

They will also be allowed a further FIVE additions, should they require it.

Be interesting to see what happens if Birmingham survive by the skin of their teeth again and someone else gets relegated at their expense, given one option (which I bet now will never actually happen) is to deduct points from a club.

Stark contrast to when we were placed under an EMBARGO when the league immediately seized the opportunity to broadcast our non-compliance on their website.

No mention of the other clubs also supposedly being sanctioned. 

Hold on hold on...the EFL are disappointed that Birmingham City signed a player knowing they would not meet FFP!!!!! WHAT A TOTAL JOKE.

Contrast that with how we were treated, a total sham. Guaranteed that Sheffield Wednesday will fall foul too.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Hold on hold on...the EFL are disappointed that Birmingham City signed a player knowing they would not meet FFP!!!!! WHAT A TOTAL JOKE.

Contrast that with how we were treated, a total sham. Guaranteed that Sheffield Wednesday will fall foul too.

Very disappointed that Birmingham signed a player that presumably the League had to sanction the paperwork and registration on. 

They're taking us all on a ride here. 

Simple question that I'd love to know the answer to. Why didn't the league announce way back in May those clubs in breach of the rules and the punishments they would receive?

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11459033/brentford-decide-against-naming-club-captain

Interesting that Brentford have not named a Captain, instead having more collective responsibility.

Can still have leaders as well as a recognized captain. I could see his approach causing problems when they are on bad runs. Fingers being pointed etc...power vacuum 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Everyone should have been captain EXCEPT Lowe. 

Coyle..what were you thinking...

Getting paid to be near my new Grandchild, thank you Mrs Desai and those who made it possible who I have never heard of

Edited by perthblue02

Derby has been truly awful. Barely been in Reading's half and not had a chance. They have no width, no plan and doesn't look like a team. It's fine to have good players on paper, but in the end is about having a team. Reading on the other hand have a plan and great place on the flanks through Barrow and Alukho. They don't look like scoring though. None of Bodvarsson, Barrow and Alukho are known to be clinical.

I fancy our chances to compete given this level of football.

• Like 2