BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Paul Gallagher should should have been sent off for nobbers. Elbow to the face completely unpunished. Might get a retrospective one for that.l but not before he scored a penalty.

When you compare to some of the pedantic yellows we were given today...!

Really needs sorting. The standards of refereeing have fallen badly.

I thought our referees might have smartened themselves up after watching their colleagues in the recent World Cup. I thought most of the refs in that were excellent. Sounds like our guys are still giving cards out for nothing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I miss a S of Player. So calm down.

Freeman is their best player and its no wonder McClaren threaten to walk out on QPR if he was sold. Also lose their number 1 keeper in Smithes and back 4 doesnt look to good either. Smith is decent, Washington never kick on like he should have done. 

Was McClaren bought in to bring the youth players? 

Why was Holloway sacked? Do you know why? 

I can only assume Holloway didn't perform well enough to keep the faith of the higher ups at QPR. With their financial issues and squad worsening perhaps they looked to Holloway's stint at Millwall and decided it was too risky to trust him to keep them safe. McClaren is a bigger "name" although I remember a lot of people at the time saying the appointment was doomed to failure. Early signs aren't good, to say the least. 

If anyone has ever listened to the Bob Mortimer ‘Athletico Mince’ podcast, the whole McClaren and QPR situation has even more humour behind it ?

Edited by Josh

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can only assume Holloway didn't perform well enough to keep the faith of the higher ups at QPR. With their financial issues and squad worsening perhaps they looked to Holloway's stint at Millwall and decided it was too risky to trust him to keep them safe. McClaren is a bigger "name" although I remember a lot of people at the time saying the appointment was doomed to failure. Early signs aren't good, to say the least. 

I don't know what QPR owners were expecting last season and this season. I thought Holloway did fine last season. 

I wouldn't be surprise to see Gareth Ainsworth in charge there by Christmas

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

If anyone has ever listened to the Bob Mortimer ‘Athletico Mince’ podcast, the whole McClaren and QPR situation has even more humour behind it ?

can you please say more? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

QPR don't have quality players and McClaren hasn't had millions to spend loads either. 2 players in both on free transfers 

Why Holloway was ever sacked I don't know But I don't blame McClaren but the owners and their director of football Les Ferdinand. Its been cut backs after cut backs since they got relegated and Redknapp left. What are the aims for this season? 

Dont understand your defence of McLaren. Proven poor manager.

The recruitment doesnt absolve him of blame after his side conceded 7. 

Smithies was frozen out towards the end of last season I believe. Theyve not lost anyone of note and last season they comfortably survived under a poor manager in Holloway. 

There is some crap in this league, they probably arent one of the worst 3 teams, not under a competent manager, they have a talented attacking midfielder called Eze, Cousins and Luongo are decent at this level, Osayi-Samuel is someone you repeatedly suggested that we should sign, and they have some defenders like Bidwell and Lynch that accompanied with a new signing he brought in shouldnt be letting in 7.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont understand your defence of McLaren. Proven poor manager.

The recruitment doesnt absolve him of blame after his side conceded 7. 

Smithies was frozen out towards the end of last season I believe. Theyve not lost anyone of note and last season they comfortably survived under a poor manager in Holloway. 

There is some crap in this league, they probably arent one of the worst 3 teams, not under a competent manager, they have a talented attacking midfielder called Eze, Cousins and Luongo are decent at this level, Osayi-Samuel is someone you repeatedly suggested that we should sign, and they have some defenders like Bidwell and Lynch that accompanied with a new signing he brought in shouldnt be letting in 7.

I haven't defence McClaren at all. The blame for QPR demise is the owners fault for poor management of the club for a number of years and poor transfer business

No where in my post I absolve him of any blame for today 7-1 loss but talk about the owners and their management of the club over a number of years. 

I suggest Osayi-Samuel but not repeatedly suggesting so please why write that I don't know. 

I have said I don't understand Holloway sacking or the reasons behind it. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know what QPR owners were expecting last season and this season. I thought Holloway did fine last season. 

I wouldn't be surprise to see Gareth Ainsworth in charge there by Christmas

can you please say more? 

There’s basically a section about McClaren who he describes as intentionally hopping from club to club to destroy them, but with more comedy than that

this is partly what I mean 

Edited by Josh

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't defence McClaren at all. The blame for QPR demise is the owners fault for poor management of the club for a number of years and poor transfer business

No where in my post I absolve him of any blame for today 7-1 loss but talk about the owners and their management of the club over a number of years. 

I suggest Osayi-Samuel but not repeatedly suggesting so please why write that I don't know. 

I have said I don't understand Holloway sacking or the reasons behind it. 

Nothing to do with those prats in Zurich at all? Seems like Fernandes has had enough of their interference. 

Of course that does not absolve some poor decision making but hardly Venkyesque regime is it?

Edited by Vinjay17

Ive only just found out Mclaren is the manager of QPR after reading about their 7-1 loss. haha. How on earth is he still getting employed? He must be in the same category as Coyle as joke managers.

Very happy however as it makes it easier for us!

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 17:54, DE. said:

Who would have predicted Bolton starting this well? You have to hand it to Parkinson, he's done a very good job there in difficult circumstances. 

Spoke to a mate this morning who is a Wanderers fan, he reckons Jason Lowe was MOM at Reading and he is a cracking player  !!!!!

First 7 games of last season Leeds won 5 and drew 2 and the media were beside themselves with excitement that it was Leeds' year and they were going up. Then they fell away and ended up finishing in the bottom half.

Not saying they will do again this season but it really is tiring listening to all the pro-Leeds hype on tv, you'd have thought after last year they would have learned their lessons and would keep quiet for the time being until the season was slightly more advanced.

Leeds are the Liverpool of the Championship. Media love them and are desperate for them to be successful after such a barren spell. Liverpool they would love to win the League after 30 years(THIRTY YEARS) without winning it whilst Leeds the massive club that hasn't even appeared in the top division for 15 YEARS and they're desperate for that to end.

• Like 2

Only club from one of the UK's biggest cities, with supporters clubs throughout Yorkshire and they attract crowds of around 30k - often much lower when they are having an average season.

As an example, they get similar crowds to Villa (though they share their city with Birmingham City, with West Brom on the edge of the city boundary too), yet unlike Villa, they have this ridiculous media profile that other, similar size clubs even in the PL don't have.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, Scratch Andy said:

Spoke to a mate this morning who is a Wanderers fan, he reckons Jason Lowe was MOM at Reading and he is a cracking player  !!!!!

Seems like your mate needs a stronger prescription for his glasses.....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Btw .....you are all aware by now that Leeds are on Sky tomorrow night?

:lol:

Apparently Sky had a lot of complaints last weekend from people thinking their set top box was  faulty as no Leeds game was showing, so to save their call centre waiting times they have resumed normal service

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Ipswich losing again , Hurst the greatest thing since sliced bread , not having a good 2018 !!!

Buy nothing but lower league players and eventually you're going to end up in the lower leagues. It's why I didn't want us raiding League 1 clubs in the summer.