BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

didnt realise forrest were unbeaten, they havent looked that impressive so far though. losing at the minute at home to brum.  some teams in the leauge picking up surprise wins,   bolton started very well as did wigan but both lost today to teams weaker (slightly?) then they have beaten

its why i love this leauge anyone can beat anyone, i would much rarther be in this leauge then just about surviving in the prem, but alas we need to money from the prem to maybe get rid of venkys

Makes no sense why youd want anything but the best for the club, ie to be in the top league. Whats the point of demanding success if promotion would make you unhappy anyway.

46 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good game. Mahoney came on and did nowt.

Cant help but feel sorry for him, I think if he hadn’t been ill advised at the time then Mowbray and this team could have got a decent player out of him and been one of last years heroes. With the club he supports to boot.

Not sure he did anything to suggest he was capable of playing a major role last year.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes no sense why youd want anything but the best for the club, ie to be in the top league. Whats the point of demanding success if promotion would make you unhappy anyway.

Not sure he did anything to suggest he was capable of playing a major role last year.

I didn't mean it like that mate , I just enjoy the championship a lot more then I Do the prem of course I want promotion, should of worded it better , I just really like the championship lot better  then the prem 

7 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I didn't mean it like that mate , I just enjoy the championship a lot more then I Do the prem of course I want promotion, should of worded it better , I just really like the championship lot better  then the prem 

Still dont understand, always best to see our team face the best players week in, week out.

I do find the Championship generally far more interesting than the PL, much more evenly matched - an actual competition in which a load of clubs start the season hoping for success and not mere survival.

However, where do I want Blackburn Rovers to be? For £100 million reasons, the Premier League.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

Just now, Mattyblue said:

However, where do I want Blackburn Rovers to be - for £100 million reasons, the Premier League.

That’s the only real reason though. The Championship is much more... unpredictable.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No win for Reading or Ipswich so far. Not surprised by Ipswich struggles. Hurst has bought from League 1 and 2 clubs and the market he knows. Everyone said they struggle this season and they are. No point sacking Hurst as the point is with the owner and lack of investment. 

Didnt you slag mick mccarthy off for exactly the same circumstances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Didnt you slag mick mccarthy off for exactly the same circumstances

No I suggested McCarthy could have played better football with the squad he had. 

Plus I said he didn't have a good relationship with the fans

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Shows that you was too quick to belittle Mick McCarthy and the excellent work he did there.

Hurst has spent some money on Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards, Harrison and Jackson, money McCarthy wishes he had.

Where did I belittle him? No I said he could have had played better football and had better relationship with fans

Don't forget that they sold Waghorn, Webster and Garner for 9 million in total this season and only spent 5 million. 

But it appears that their owner Marcus Evans wont spend from his own pockets

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I suggested McCarthy could have played better football with the squad he had. 

Plus I said he didn't have a good relationship with the fans

Where did I belittle him? No I said he could have had played better football and had better relationship with fans

Don't forget that they sold Waghorn, Webster and Garner for 9 million in total this season and only spent 5 million. 

But it appears that their owner Marcus Evans wont spend from his own pockets

Surely we are now seeing that he in fact couldnt play better football with what is a very cheaply assembled squad of players that we was getting the absolute maximum from.

And who cares about his relationship with fans. Its results fans want.

Waghorn and Garner were signed cheaply and sold at a profit to be replaced by 2 players of very questionable abilities while we were signing Armstrong for a similar fee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely we are now seeing that he in fact couldnt play better football with what is a very cheaply assembled squad of players that we was getting the absolute maximum from.

And who cares about his relationship with fans. Its results fans want.

Waghorn and Garner were signed cheaply and sold at a profit to be replaced by 2 players of very questionable abilities while we were signing Armstrong for a similar fee.

Better football can be played regardless of money. 

Relationship with fans is a massive part of the job. Need to have them on side

I agree that Harrison and Jackson are questionable signings but Hurst knows that market and that what he is buying from

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Better football can be played regardless of money. 

Relationship with fans is a massive part of the job. Need to have them on side

I agree that Harrison and Jackson are questionable signings but Hurst knows that market and that what he is buying from

Nonsense. The quality of football you are capable of playing effectively depends solely on the quality of players. From all accounts, today we played with plenty of heart but little attacking quality, I may be wrong, clearly admitting that we would lose if we went toe to toe with Brentford and put results before performances.

Results get people on side. 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nonsense. The quality of football you are capable of playing effectively depends solely on the quality of players. From all accounts, today we played with plenty of heart but little attacking quality, I may be wrong, clearly admitting that we would lose if we went toe to toe with Brentford and put results before performances.

Results get people on side. 

Yes Results does get people on side but so does manager attitude towards to fans surely has an impact. Would you not agree? 

We have to agree to disagree om McCarthy

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Results does get people on side but so does manager attitude towards to fans surely has an impact. Would you not agree? 

We have to agree to disagree om McCarthy

No I dont agree with that first bit. I judge managers on results. In this instance he was right to give something back to people who were giving him unfair dogs abuse.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16600988.an-okay-start-for-unbeaten-rovers-says-boss-mowbray/?ref=mac 

Have to agree the start has only been ok. When you look at the table and see Reading and Ipswich the bottom 2 ,that puts things in perspective. The positive is that we are playing well and should have won against both of those teams, alas we didn't. Our next 5 fixtures are going to be a real test of where we are at

Bristol city away

Villa home

Derby away

Stoke away

Nottingham forest home

That will bring us up to 10 games played. I usually hate the international break, but it will come at a good time for us, especially if we beat Bristol, or even draw. It will give a few of our injured players time to heal and some of the new signings time to bed in. After that Forest game, I reckon we will have a good idea where our season is headed. 

• Like 3

Oh he definitely will be, but with a tough September coming up he’s too canny to be giving it the big ‘un, as we could well be at the wrong end of the table after the Forest game on the 29th.

Now if we have a decent month we really will be motoring...

• Like 1

• Backroom

Just had a peek at our best odds with the bookies , haven't really checked them out since start of season. 

We're exactly same odds at moment for promotion and relegation. 16 to 1. 

Not many teams like that, with mirrored odds, just us and Millwall really. 

Two teams recently brought up from League 1, and the professionals don't hav a clue which end of the table we'll head towards.

Hope it's a surprise push towards the top 8. 

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Just had a peek at our best odds with the bookies , haven't really checked them out since start of season. 

We're exactly same odds at moment for promotion and relegation. 16 to 1. 

Not many teams like that, with mirrored odds, just us and Millwall really. 

Two teams recently brought up from League 1, and the professionals don't hav a clue which end of the table we'll head towards.

Hope it's a surprise push towards the top 8. 

I’ll take it for promotion!

On Fri Aug 24 2018 at 22:10, roversfan99 said:

All keepers make mistakes, but the better the keeper, the less the mistakes. Sadly at the moment he makes one too many.

One too many? Hasn't he only made one at all this season? If all keepers make mistakes, but one is one too many...

• Like 1

Jack O Connell, a lad we let walk away for nothing looks a proper player and is getting rave reviews at Sheffield Utd

A pity as we could really do with defenders of his ilk. Strong, no nonsense big men.

I thought he was one of the top prospects coming through the Academy. Could anyone shed light on why we let him go for basically nothing? (I remember the fee being in the very low thousands)

Edited by roversoutsider

31 minutes ago, roversoutsider said:

Jack O Connell, a lad we let walk away for nothing looks a proper player and is getting rave reviews at Sheffield Utd

A pity as we could really do with defenders of his ilk. Strong, no nonsense big men.

I thought he was one of the top prospects coming through the Academy. Could anyone shed light on why we let him go for basically nothing? (I remember the fee being in the very low thousands)

He was rumoured to be attracting interest from Brighton this summer. At the time he couldn't get a look in ahead of Hanley and Duffy at CB.