BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

26 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just pointing out he has won nothing so far compared to more conservative managers who win things like mourinho and ancellotti

Easier done with Chelsea than it is with Spurs though. If it weren't for Leicester's freak season he would have their only Prem title win.

Ability isn't just about what trophies you win, in football. You need the right club as a manager to win things, and the right team around you as a player to win things, it isn't an individual sport.

Edited by bluebruce

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Just pointing out he has won nothing so far compared to more conservative managers who win things like mourinho and ancellotti

Mourinho is a conservative manager but spend alot of money and alot of wasted. Hasnt he spent over 300/400 million pounds at Utd? 

I'm sure you would agree that its easier to won trophies when you buying players for 30 or 40 million and paying 150k plus wages each week

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mourinho is a conservative manager but spend alot of money and alot of wasted. Hasnt he spent over 300/400 million pounds at Utd? 

I'm sure you would agree that its easier to won trophies when you buying players for 30 or 40 million and paying 150k plus wages each week

Isn't that what Spurs do though?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Isn't that what Spurs do though?

do they? 

how much did they pay for Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Tripper, Alderweireld, Dier? nowhere near 30 or 40 million on each player. 

Spurs are paying 150k a week for each of those player. Here is what Spurs pay in terms of Wages https://sillyseason.com/salary/tottenham-hotspur-players-salaries-69471/

I think Kane has signed a new contract reported worth 200k. But he came through the Spurs academy so didn't cost a penny to buy. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do they? 

how much did they pay for Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Tripper, Alderweireld, Dier? nowhere near 30 or 40 million on each player. 

Spurs are paying 150k a week for each of those player. Here is what Spurs pay in terms of Wages https://sillyseason.com/salary/tottenham-hotspur-players-salaries-69471/

I think Kane has signed a new contract reported worth 200k. But he came through the Spurs academy so didn't cost a penny to buy. 

Sanchez - £42m

Sissoko - £35m

Son - £30m

Soldado - £30m

Lamela - £30m

Moura  - £25m

Aurier - £25m

Janssen - £25m

They sign plenty of players for good money

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Pocchetino has done superbly at Spurs; I don't recall Real Madrid every courting the idea of Keggin. Pocchetino is who the big boys want next. Mourinho is yesterday's gold dust.

Can tell you’re a techie with your cream gold framed posts! Reminds me of that scene in American Psycho when they’re comparing business cards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Sanchez - £42m

Sissoko - £35m

Son - £30m

Soldado - £30m

Lamela - £30m

Moura  - £25m

Aurier - £25m

Janssen - £25m

They sign plenty of players for good money

Son was 22 mil

Lamela was 25.8mil

Janssen was 17 mil. 

But they still dont pay daft wages for players. 

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Realistically we can only go back to 5th with a win tomorrow - can't see us winning by more than the odd goal or two if we do manage to put them to the sword.

If we win we are 4th if we win by 3 we are 3rd. Draw and we are 9th. Lose and we could drop to 12th.

Edited by AAK

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Wow. Livermore handles on the line for West Brom and doesn't receive a card. Afobe misses the penalty. Stoke are the team to play at the moment.

Think we are playing them at the end of the month as well....

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very pleased Swansea won at Millwall. Cant stand Harris or Millwall. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Bruce is sack but they did recently back him so why not get until the next break in the season in October

Harris is a Millwall legend I bet he's bothered about the likes of you on a forum.. The Swansea win puts us down in the league are you celebrating this... 

Edited by Athlete
  • Like 2