BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very pleased Swansea won at Millwall. Cant stand Harris or Millwall. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Bruce is sack but they did recently back him so why not get until the next break in the season in October

What's wrong with Harris?Done a great job at Millwall 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very pleased Swansea won at Millwall. Cant stand Harris or Millwall. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Bruce is sack but they did recently back him so why not get until the next break in the season in October

I try not to let my personal likes/dislikes get in the way of trying to be objective regarding football. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I try not to let my personal likes/dislikes get in the way of trying to be objective regarding football. 

I am not sure but i think thats how it works - you like someone and you want him to be successful, you dont like him and you want him to fail.

We all have teams/players that we cant stand and no matter how good they are doing we just want them to fail. Nothing to do with being objective here 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

What's wrong with Harris?Done a great job at Millwall 

No doubt he done a good job but never said he hasnt tho. 

Didnt like his reaction at Ewood Park at times and his reaction yesterday for the red card wasnt needed. He was very young player and yes it was red card but no needed for some of Millwall reactions

But when Swansea scored their 2nd goal I was pleased for them. Potter kept his calm approach and even tho they got injuries they kept believing. Montero turn the game for them. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No doubt he done a good job but never said he hasnt tho. 

Didnt like his reaction at Ewood Park at times and his reaction yesterday for the red card wasnt needed. He was very young player and yes it was red card but no needed for some of Millwall reactions

But when Swansea scored their 2nd goal I was pleased for them. Potter kept his calm approach and even tho they got injuries they kept believing. Montero turn the game for them. 

Millwall had every right to be incensed yesterday, young player or not. The tackle was an absolute disgrace and could have broken his leg.

• Backroom

Insipid game between Ipswich and Norwich so far. They both look really poor. For all the wailing about us not signing Edwards I'm not sure he has the intelligence to be effective at this level. He's got talent but always runs with his head down, usually into blind alleys. 

7 hours ago, skous18 said:

I am not sure but i think thats how it works - you like someone and you want him to be successful, you dont like him and you want him to fail.

We all have teams/players that we cant stand and no matter how good they are doing we just want them to fail. Nothing to do with being objective here 

I don't like Ronaldo but it doesn't stop me thinking he's great player. Somebody once said to me - " You  can fool everybody else but don't fool yourself ".

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Evans has the most interceptions and recoveries of any players so far this season in the Championship, along with the 2nd most tackles. Impressive. 

Very impressive. I do hope we're not facing a situation where he impresses this season and then gets picked up by a rival on a free transfer in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Hope it's not a case of Evans playing for a contract over a team. He isn't the same player that we have seen the last few years that's for sure. 

In fairness to Evans, this is the longest he has had injury free and under a proper manager, both would be key factors in improved performances. Whatever the reason, if he keeps the performance levels up, it's a must that we tie him down to a new deal. I think he could really compliment the right midfield partner 

• Like 4

I note on the Aston Villa website that their 'initial allocation' for the game at Ewood is 5,000.

Few problems.

Firstly that suggests more are available if Villa sell those. That would see them open the upper tier to go up beyond 5,000.

That isn't allowed, as the police refuse to allow kick offs at any time other than mid-day if Rovers open the entire Darwen End to away fans (e.g. Leeds).

Secondly if they have 5,000 that suggests the entirety of the bottom tier of the Darwen End, with no seats to spare if they sell them all. If that's the case then are they going to have any segregation between home and away fans? This season they've had netting over parts of the corner of the Darwen End which will have to be removed if Villa sell 5,000 in the lower tier.

27 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Another 11Million pumped into Villa at end of August to keep them going

I spoke to a good friend last night who supports Villa. He would have a very good knowledge of the club. I asked him how are they getting away with what they're doing. His response was that they are gambling that they will go up this season. They are trying to sell some land they own around the stadium and the process of the training ground being sponsored has begun. Even with that, he said if they don't go up, they will be getting hit with sanctions. 

18 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I see Forest have signed a player who was released by his former club so was a free agent funny thing is both clubs have the same owner, so what next you pay a club to release a player from his contract then sign them.

You’ve just described exactly what a transfer fee is.

• Like 3