BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I note on the Aston Villa website that their 'initial allocation' for the game at Ewood is 5,000.

Few problems.

Firstly that suggests more are available if Villa sell those. That would see them open the upper tier to go up beyond 5,000.

That isn't allowed, as the police refuse to allow kick offs at any time other than mid-day if Rovers open the entire Darwen End to away fans (e.g. Leeds).

Secondly if they have 5,000 that suggests the entirety of the bottom tier of the Darwen End, with no seats to spare if they sell them all. If that's the case then are they going to have any segregation between home and away fans? This season they've had netting over parts of the corner of the Darwen End which will have to be removed if Villa sell 5,000 in the lower tier.

They make up/change the rules as they go along, as we’ve seen on numerous occasions over the past few years.

4 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

only in the transfare window out of the window its not a transfare its terminating their contract to make them a free agent

The transfer fee is compensation to another club to terminate a player contract.

They’ve just become so commonplace now it’s simply a bit of administration and a series of BACS payments.

3 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

only in the transfare window out of the window its not a transfare its terminating their contract to make them a free agent

In the Championship, if you sign a free agent after the loan window has closed, the only way you can play him before the next window opens is if his contract was ended before the loan window closed.

• Moderation Lead

Was going to say, to be fair to them, they've done the business on the pitch thus far in the main!

P.S- I don't do Twitter, who is '@Superagent73' by the way??

Edited by K-Hod

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Was going to say, to be fair to them, they've done the business on the pitch thus far in the main!

P.S- I don't do Twitter, who is '@Superagent73' by the way??

It Ken Anderson, I think, their owner, or a family member of his, as the picture profile is a shirt with Anderson on and he/she retweets everything bolton tweet.

Edited by AAK

Does anyone, anywhere, seriously expect to see Birmingham docked 12 points this season? We know how this works. There will be a series of articles and rumours about what 'could' happen, all will go quiet, and then at some point down the line there will be an announcement on the 'EFL' website that they have reached a settlement with Birmingham and they are free to continue. Of course this settlement will probably be a multi-million pound fine but I'd be amazed if they deducted any points.

A 12 point deduction might be do-able as far as the rules are concerned, but since when do this lot follow their own rules? 12 points to a mediocre side like Birmingham would effectively be demotion, and would open a massive can of worms with their owners who would likely drag it through every appeal possible to stop it happening just like QPR did for several years before eventually accepting a fine of less than 50% what it should have been, along with a convenient payment plan to help them pay it off without causing major problems.

(Remember, QPR were not fined £42 million as the media and league want people to believe, they were fined £17 million, with the rest being £3 million legal costs and converting £20 million+ of their existing debts into shares - no money changing hands)

The worry about the Olympiakos situation is if there's something in place to stop abuse of this happening.

As an example: if Forest want to sign a player but FFP doesn't let them can he not use Olympiakos' funds to sign/loan or release? Is it possible to have a selling team wage contribution?

What is to stop Olympiakos paying over the odds for a Forest player to exempt them FFP?

I haven't read the rules, and probably won't, but you have to hope there's rules in place to prevent these abuses. That said, releasing and resigning a player is surely already an abuse of ownership.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

The worry about the Olympiakos situation is if there's something in place to stop abuse of this happening.

As an example: if Forest want to sign a player but FFP doesn't let them can he not use Olympiakos' funds to sign/loan or release? Is it possible to have a selling team wage contribution?

What is to stop Olympiakos paying over the odds for a Forest player to exempt them FFP?

I haven't read the rules, and probably won't, but you have to hope there's rules in place to prevent these abuses. That said, releasing and resigning a player is surely already an abuse of ownership.

Not really that much different to an owner arranging lucrative sponsorship deals with his club to assist with FFP compliance (Birmingham, Sheff Wed, QPR) or Wolves having a massive advantage in recruiting quality players on convenient loans and reduced prices through a business arrangement with a highly influential agent.

With the money on offer from promotion FFP rules were always likely to result in new and unusual ways to circumvent the rules to reach the promised land. The fools that invented the rules presumably thought all the clubs were going to fall into line and live happily ever after. All it seems to have done is resulted in more skulduggery and suspicious activity as owners continue to spend more but try to work round the rules.

Not sure if anyone watched the game tonight. Birmingham full of endeavour but there wont be a less prolific strikeforce than Che Adams, Omar Bogle and Lukas Jukweitcz. Simply nowhere near good enough for this league. Only good player is Jota but on the right, and being so one footed, he can at times be easily shackled, although he was their only shining light tonight.

Had a dreadful summer and I can see them going down. Underwhelming manager with nothing to work with, as a subs bench of Bogle, Mahoney and Solomon-Otobar as attacking options to come on.

West Brom have a strikeforce as good as you will get in this league, some talented, direct wingers, some very good centre backs, a good keeper, 2 competent left backs but not sure about the 3 at the back and whether it suits 3 solid but technically limited defenders. Weakness for me is in the middle of the park, Livermore is crap and Brunt is past it and never a central midfielder, they will get overrun often as they did today.

Big question is, can Moore get the best out of the likes of Gayle, Phillips, Rodriguez, Barnes and Oli Burke who needs to play more, and the team in general. Ive seen them twice this season and theyve been poor in both games and lucky to scrape points in each through goals from Phillips.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure if anyone watched the game tonight. Birmingham full of endeavour but there wont be a less prolific strikeforce than Che Adams, Omar Bogle and Lukas Jukweitcz. Simply nowhere near good enough for this league. Only good player is Jota but on the right, and being so one footed, he can at times be easily shackled, although he was their only shining light tonight.

Had a dreadful summer and I can see them going down. Underwhelming manager with nothing to work with, as a subs bench of Bogle, Mahoney and Solomon-Otobar as attacking options to come on.

West Brom have a strikeforce as good as you will get in this league, some talented, direct wingers, some very good centre backs, a good keeper, 2 competent left backs but not sure about the 3 at the back and whether it suits 3 solid but technically limited defenders. Weakness for me is in the middle of the park, Livermore is crap and Brunt is past it and never a central midfielder, they will get overrun often as they did today.

Big question is, can Moore get the best out of the likes of Gayle, Phillips, Rodriguez, Barnes and Oli Burke who needs to play more, and the team in general. Ive seen them twice this season and theyve been poor in both games and lucky to scrape points in each through goals from Phillips.

I watched the game at times and I agree Birmingham wont score a lot of goals. With an embargo in place Monk job is very tough there. 

I think West Brom will score a lot of goals with Gayle, Jay Rod and Barnes who is a talented player in their team. I think Townsend is a good player and suits the left wing back role. I don't see where Burke fits in. Maybe Mowbray will be looking at that situation and possible targeting him in January or Summer transfer window. I think the 3 at the back suits their centre backs and allow those to play. I disagree on Brunt and Livermore point tho. Yes they did get overrun but I do feel that they should have change it to 3 man midfield second with Barners off Gayle or Jay Rod. Jota was getting too much space for me. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched the game at times and I agree Birmingham wont score a lot of goals. With an embargo in place Monk job is very tough there. 

I think West Brom will score a lot of goals with Gayle, Jay Rod and Barnes who is a talented player in their team. I think Townsend is a good player and suits the left wing back role. I don't see where Burke fits in. Maybe Mowbray will be looking at that situation and possible targeting him in January or Summer transfer window. I think the 3 at the back suits their centre backs and allow those to play. I disagree on Brunt and Livermore point tho. Yes they did get overrun but I do feel that they should have change it to 3 man midfield second with Barners off Gayle or Jay Rod. Jota was getting too much space for me. 

As much as I'd love Burke here, not sure why you think he would even possibly be a target, given his potentially large price tag and Mowbrays winger-phobia!

I think the 3 in the back formation seems to be the fashionable system at the moment but I'm not 100% that they have the personnel for it, in that they have them 3 very capable Championship defenders but they are all rough and tumble, body on the line, but none are that good on the ball which you need in that formation and they kept surrendering possession. It also means that Harvey Barnes and Oli Burke have to play centrally if at all, which doesnt suit them.

Definitely think that West Brom have the best firepower in the league, 2 big questions are can a rookie manager get the best out of them, and also if they can get goals and clean sheets in spite of a lack of control in the centre of the park, where Brunt and Livermore will be seen as a weakness against better teams in this league.

• Backroom

Ipswich on course to another resounding defeat. It's probably already dawned on the club that they've made a huge mistake. Not sure the fans have gotten over their unjust hatred of McCarthy yet to admit they hounded out one of only a handful of managers that could keep them competitive on a non existent budget. 

• Like 3