BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

36 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ipswich on course to another resounding defeat. It's probably already dawned on the club that they've made a huge mistake. Not sure the fans have gotten over their unjust hatred of McCarthy yet to admit they hounded out one of only a handful of managers that could keep them competitive on a non existent budget. 

I am sure I could go on an Ipswich forum and find a user called something like tractorchad, saying how much he is enjoying the pretty football and manager interviews and how much he his looking forward visiting Accy Stanley next season, the manager needs 26 transfer windows so give him a chance and get behind the lads FFS :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As much as I'd love Burke here, not sure why you think he would even possibly be a target, given his potentially large price tag and Mowbrays winger-phobia!

I think the 3 in the back formation seems to be the fashionable system at the moment but I'm not 100% that they have the personnel for it, in that they have them 3 very capable Championship defenders but they are all rough and tumble, body on the line, but none are that good on the ball which you need in that formation and they kept surrendering possession. It also means that Harvey Barnes and Oli Burke have to play centrally if at all, which doesnt suit them.

Definitely think that West Brom have the best firepower in the league, 2 big questions are can a rookie manager get the best out of them, and also if they can get goals and clean sheets in spite of a lack of control in the centre of the park, where Brunt and Livermore will be seen as a weakness against better teams in this league.

Mowbray will have funds in January and next summer and was targeting Chapman wasn't he? 

Burke isn't in the team and Barnes has look good there in 10 role from what I have seen and speaking to a WBA fan 

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Mahoney didn’t get on again yesterday, he got a big move but his career doesn’t seem any further along than it was.

Did say when he left that he was the wrong career move for him. Mowbray

5 hours ago, DE. said:

Ipswich on course to another resounding defeat. It's probably already dawned on the club that they've made a huge mistake. Not sure the fans have gotten over their unjust hatred of McCarthy yet to admit they hounded out one of only a handful of managers that could keep them competitive on a non existent budget. 

Things don't look goof for Hurst and Ipswich at the minute. The recruitment was mainly targeting league 1 or 2 players who could step up to Championship level potential. seem to be failing but still early days

19 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Quite a lot of surprising results that'd get Rovers looking down rather than up the table. Wins for a lot of the weaker teams or those who've been struggling - Hull, Reading, QPR and Rotherham. Shows it's not an easy league to predict.

Funny, I looked at it as with teams ahead of us losing as a reason to look up the table, not down 

We are in a situation at the moment hovering in mid table with some much more challenging looking games coming up.

It will be an acid test for the quality in our team. If the games go as no doubt expected by neutrals, we will soon be in a battle and ruing the points weve surrendered with plenty of regret.

If we get an impressive number of points then we will also really show that we can compete at this level.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We are in a situation at the moment hovering in mid table with some much more challenging looking games coming up.

It will be an acid test for the quality in our team. If the games go as no doubt expected by neutrals, we will soon be in a battle and ruing the points weve surrendered with plenty of regret.

If we get an impressive number of points then we will also really show that we can compete at this level.

We proved yesterday and against Brentford(2nd now) we can match these more quality teams. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We have started well, but we have actually been unlucky. We should be on 12-13 points,if not more. I think we will only get better too 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We proved yesterday and against Brentford(2nd now) we can match these more quality teams. 

We can compete but my point is that we have some tougher games coming up away from home. 

I have a slight worry that we will rue the points we have thrown away in what has been a quite favourable fixture list in these first 7 days. We need to be far more ruthless in seeing games out, that said, we have shown we can be competitive.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We can compete but my point is that we have some tougher games coming up away from home. 

I have a slight worry that we will rue the points we have thrown away in what has been a quite favourable fixture list in these first 7 days. We need to be far more ruthless in seeing games out, that said, we have shown we can be competitive.

Every game is tough at this level and anybody can beat anyone. 

We already had 2 tough home games and 4 points from them

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have started well, but we have actually been unlucky. We should be on 12-13 points,if not more. I think we will only get better too 

I dont think you can blame luck to be fair. We will get what we deserve over the season.

Brentford I missed but from all accounts, sounds like we ground out the result, something that really impressed me. The Reading game was a shocking first half and a spirited second half, I dont think we could justifiably say we could have had more points there.

Bristol City is the only game that we were totally outclassed in, and also learnt what you need to do when dominant with a ruthless display. We can file that under "one of those days." On the flip side, Hull away we were similarly dominant and although we didnt put them to the sword like Bristol City did to us, we got an away win which was a good result.

Milwall, Ipswich and Aston Villa are the 3 games that rankle a bit. Milwall we didnt deserve to win but we had the chances to do so in the second half. The latter 2, we need to make sure that we keep concentration until the end of games or it will cost us, we invited pressure v a very poor Ipswich and made poor subs in that game, and yesterday I think Rayas positioning and preparation of his wall was to blame.

That said, our points tally is ok but I am a bit frustrated as it could be better based on how the games have gone, and the quality of opposition we have faced so far. I have no doubts that we can be competitive as we have shown, but we need to turn more draws into wins and ensure that the 2 late goals are not a regular theme.

And @chaddyrovers even though we are hard to beat at home we need to turn more draws into wins going forward. You fail to mention the 2 favourable home games we have failed to win.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think you can blame luck to be fair. We will get what we deserve over the season.

Brentford I missed but from all accounts, sounds like we ground out the result, something that really impressed me. The Reading game was a shocking first half and a spirited second half, I dont think we could justifiably say we could have had more points there.

Bristol City is the only game that we were totally outclassed in, and also learnt what you need to do when dominant with a ruthless display. We can file that under "one of those days." On the flip side, Hull away we were similarly dominant and although we didnt put them to the sword like Bristol City did to us, we got an away win which was a good result.

Milwall, Ipswich and Aston Villa are the 3 games that rankle a bit. Milwall we didnt deserve to win but we had the chances to do so in the second half. The latter 2, we need to make sure that we keep concentration until the end of games or it will cost us, we invited pressure v a very poor Ipswich and made poor subs in that game, and yesterday I think Rayas positioning and preparation of his wall was to blame.

That said, our points tally is ok but I am a bit frustrated as it could be better based on how the games have gone, and the quality of opposition we have faced so far. I have no doubts that we can be competitive as we have shown, but we need to turn more draws into wins and ensure that the 2 late goals are not a regular theme.

And @chaddyrovers even though we are hard to beat at home we need to turn more draws into wins going forward. You fail to mention the 2 favourable home games we have failed to win.

Which 2 games? 

Millwall one of the harder game for. 

Reading game should have been 3. 

Beat Brentford and a point against Villa. 

Villa are the best team we have played so far and I think we more than matched them  , there 2 more tough games coming up in Derby and Stoke away , but both those teams have had Inconsistent starts and I am reasonably confident we could get something in both games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which 2 games? 

Millwall one of the harder game for. 

Beat Brentford and a point against Villa. 

Millwall at home, a bottom half team at the moment who are reliant on their home form, is on paper one of the games that you would consider one of the more likely to pick up 3 points.

6 points is not the worst tally from 4 home games but another win from one of the 3 draws weve had would have made it a much brighter start.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? We conceded two terrible goals and only got back into it through McShane's lack of discipline. We didn't look like we'd score from open play if the match went until midnight. Frankly we were lucky to get away with a draw in the end. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Millwall at home, a bottom half team at the moment who are reliant on their home form, is on paper one of the games that you would consider one of the more likely to pick up 3 points.

6 points is not the worst tally from 4 home games but another win from one of the 3 draws weve had would have made it a much brighter start.

Not for me. Said at the time it would be one of our harder home game cos of the way they play and it proved to be. A team that almost made the playoffs last season. Good team with a good manager. 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Why? We conceded two terrible goals and only got back into it through McShane's lack of discipline. We didn't look like we'd score from open play if the match went until midnight. Frankly we were lucky to get away with a draw in the end. 

I meant before the game. 

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stephen-darby-former-liverpool-star-13264682- absolutely horrible news for someone at any age, never mind someone 29 years old!

How do you come to terms with such news? One minute you are living the dream as a footballer and the next you are told your life is about to change drastically and you might not live for too much longer. So young as well - tragic stuff.