BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just like the Dingles. I bet somebody on here they'd finish higher up in the league than Rovers but I can't recall who it was.

I would fancy us to beat them this season though. I think we have better footballers and I reckon we have improved more over the summer. They have battlers, but so do we. Early days yet with regards the table, we are only 2 points behind them. I reckon we will finish above them. 

• Like 1

I have a strong feeling that today's result is huge, especially the bit of luck we got at the end. Letting a 3 goal lead slip is the kind of thing that really knocks a team, especially after what happened against villa. I think we would be feeling very frustrated and the team very low on confidence. Would be hard to get them up for the next game. 

Big, big result. You need luck somethings and by God do we deserve a bit 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Another terrible result for Ipswich, 0-0 with Bolton despite having an extra man's advantage for an hour. Apparently a dire performance as well. Ipswich fans now calling for Hurst's head.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/442150/hurst-is-surely-gone-after-that/#26

Mick's still available lads :lol:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282686/mick-mccarthy

Stoke aren't keen!

• Backroom

I found this comment on an Ipswich forum quite amusing:

To be fair today is the first time under Hurst I've left Portman Road feeling dejected - every other match I've seen shoots of hope, a sign of progress, some nice play. An improvement on Mick's grind them down and steal the win.

An improvement except for the most important part - winning?! Just shows how it really is "anything but Mick" for a lot of the fans. A total failure to see the forest for the trees. Some of them still don't understand WHY they were playing that way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Another terrible result for Ipswich, 0-0 with Bolton despite having an extra man's advantage for an hour. Apparently a dire performance as well. Ipswich fans now calling for Hurst's head.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/442150/hurst-is-surely-gone-after-that/#26

Mick's still available lads :lol:

The chorus seems relevant in a way.

3 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Rowett seemed good at Brum, but since then it has been one disaster after another. There are so few decent British managers developing through the leagues that you could bet that Southgate's successor will be foreign. Or Boothroyd.

I just hope it isn't Tony Mobrey

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Villa is a big job potentially 

Wouldn't expect their foreign owners to be interested and I reckon the majority of Villa supporters would be against him also.

Henry was linked in the summer, I'd expect them to go foreign.Not saying I agree with that,Sam would get their squad promoted

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I just hope it isn't Tony Mobrey

He may be popular here, but most other fans of this division and above wouldnt be happy with mowbray. And their boards therefore probably wouldn't even think about it. Stoke for today example a lot of their comments included things likes "getting beat off a team managed by Tony fucking mowbray, one decent promotion with lots of money at West brom and he's done fuck all else" and "blackburn are shite could tell that when we had a go at em, we should be beating sides managed by Tony mowbray". 

Edited by AAK

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Can see Mick McCarthy getting a call from someone soon.

I expect Villa will go Foreign possible Carlos Carvalhal as head coach with a director of football in charge. Some of Villa backroom scouting staff were sacked this past week. 

Stoke is a possibly 

Didn't know where Ipswich go after Hurst if he was sack. Ipswich are trying to change a squad and style. it will take time so I hope he is given this

Preston job not big enough for McCarthy and I don't see Neil going anywhere yet

49 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wouldn't expect their foreign owners to be interested and I reckon the majority of Villa supporters would be against him also.

Henry was linked in the summer, I'd expect them to go foreign.Not saying I agree with that,Sam would get their squad promoted

So, if they sack Bruce, and it's a straight choice between Sam or Henry, you think the majority of villa fans would want Henry.? 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

So, if they sack Bruce, and it's a straight choice between Sam or Henry, you think the majority of villa fans would want Henry.? 

Dont know if they would be happy with Henry but im sure we would hear similar moans of discontent that Sam got when appointed Everton manager. 

I just don't see Villa looking at Sam if the decide to sack Bruce.I think they will go foreign 

There is nobody like Wolves in this Division this season. From what I have seen, all the front running clubs have a significant weakness or two.

Forest have just won two on the trot but if we beat them then something very interesting could be on the cards for Rovers. 

We are showing that we are hard to beat, we have been without key players whom at the start of the season fans would have said were close to indispensible  (Dack and now Mulgrew) and are looking very much at home at this level after having moments out of our depth early on against clubs which have turned out to be strugglers.

Turn a few of those draws into wins and we will be right up there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

4 managers under pressure tonight for me from fans comments Ive seen

Hurst at Ipswich

Neil at Preston

Rowett at Stoke

Bruce at Villa

Grayson/Moyes for Preston.

Allardyce Stoke/Villa (whoever pulls the trigger 1st).  Followed by Pardew.

Lambert Ipswich.

Edited by Pedro

6 hours ago, philipl said:

There is nobody like Wolves in this Division this season. From what I have seen, all the front running clubs have a significant weakness or two.

Forest have just won two on the trot but if we beat them then something very interesting could be on the cards for Rovers. 

We are showing that we are hard to beat, we have been without key players whom at the start of the season fans would have said were close to indispensible  (Dack and now Mulgrew) and are looking very much at home at this level after having moments out of our depth early on against clubs which have turned out to be strugglers.

Turn a few of those draws into wins and we will be right up there.

At the moment none of the teams in our league are unbeatable. 

• Like 1