BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

36 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nobody said that you said that you hated them...only that you been a 'hater' of them. Think you should look it up so you can learn the difference.

Look at Roversfan 99 post above. The word hate is used. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I know you hate Pulis ? he joins Mick McCarthy and Kasey Palmer on chaddys list who wont be getting a christmas card this year!

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never used the word hated in any post. 

I only ever comment on Palmer's performances and nothing else. So whats the problem? 

Splitting hairs now Chaddy....

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Caddis that desperate for a club he’s been editing his own wiki

‘He predominantly plays as either a right back or right winger, but due to his versatility, and having two good feet, he can also play at left back and anywhere across the midfield.’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Caddis

As long as it's not for us.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely by the same logic, Pulis somewhat rates him to block the move?

If Pulis feels that he needs Chapman in any way then he is perfectly entitled to keep him, rather than gift him to a Championship rival to further his career. Pulis is a prick but I dont understand how you can hold a grudge about this.

The examples that you gave of players that show Mowbray apart from Pulis are totally incomparable, in that they are players whose careers are near the end, weve probably financially benefited in the long run by paying them a lump sum now.

With Travis and Nuttall we dont know exactly why they are still here but I used them as examples of players that for whatever reason have stayed at the club despite like Chapman at Boro being down the pecking order and unlikely to start in the League between now and the turn of the year.

With Ward, I presumed you meant in the summer. Obviously we let him go in January as we didnt want him and someone else specifically did.

You said Travis and Nuttall had their loans blocked, now you are saying we aren't sure :) Pulis blocked Chapman from moving, yet didn't even start him in a League cup game. 

Why would you think I meant the summer with Ward, I clearly said Mowbray was decent letting him go in January ,so that he had time to earn a move in the summer. It was pretty clear I think. 

You included my comment when you were replying to Chaddy and I think you are so hell bent on disagreeing with Chaddy, that you took some of my post out of context even went as far as responding to things I didn't say! 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Roversfan99 and chaddy have sparred daily for as long as I remember, neither of them ever gives an inch! 

Always give 110% Great stuff!

I reckon they should have their own thread. It’s compulsive viewing.

Maybe one day, we’ll have a BRFCS sponsored debate...

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, davulsukur said:

For anyone who loves Sky's coverage of Leeds Utd, my mate just told me that they are live on sky for 7 of their next 8 fixtures.

The only one not to be broadcast live incidentally, is Rovers v Leeds, even though its a 12:00 kick off.

7 out of 8? Feckin hell. Sky would love it if they went up , love it! 

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

For anyone who loves Sky's coverage of Leeds Utd, my mate just told me that they are live on sky for 7 of their next 8 fixtures.

The only one not to be broadcast live incidentally, is Rovers v Leeds, even though its a 12:00 kick off.

is it a case of love Leeds hate Rovers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Didn’t see that but good lad Chaddy. We cant get everything right. 

I wish I was right about everything so I was rich and suscessful and could move to Mauritius or Maldives permanently but I will go for a holiday to each place at some point in my life. 

Now back in the real world some huge games coming up for managers like Rowett, Hurst, Bruce and Neil this coming week and 2. 

Ipswich and Preston are examples of why FFP has completely failed. Two clubs that by most measures are 'well run' financially in that they don't spend great deals, have models of signing players on the cheap and developing them for profit, yet both are now struggling under young managers and coming under immense pressure as they sit in the bottom 3.

Meanwhile the cheats who break FFP rules, the majority of which have got away with no punishment for doing so, are sitting well ahead of those clubs after spending multiple millions more this summer. 

Birmingham one of them. Any news on that points deduction yet? 

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wish I was right about everything so I was rich and suscessful and could move to Mauritius or Maldives permanently but I will go for a holiday to each place at some point in my life. 

Now back in the real world some huge games coming up for managers like Rowett, Hurst, Bruce and Neil this coming week and 2. 

My grandad took all the family to Mauritius when I was younger. I was about nine years old. Beautiful place pal, I feel really lucky I got to experience it.. I don’t think there’s a chance Bruce Rowett and Hurst will see the season out. I think Neil might turn it around at PNE though yet. Interesting weekend ahead. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Bruce is the one I'm most interested in. There were some pretty strong rumours he was going to be ousted in the summer in favour of Henry, but that suddenly died down and it was business as usual. I don't think Bruce has done as badly there as the Villa fans do, but there's no doubt they should be doing much better this season with their current squad. Three wins out of nine matches and they were very lucky not to lose to us as well. They're conceding a lot of goals which isn't typical for a Steve Bruce team. Makes me wonder if it's just gone stale there and it might be time for a change. Villa surely want to get promoted, and early signs during this campaign aren't good.

I said before Hurst desperately needs a win from at least one of the next two matches. If Ipswich can't get at least 3 points from the next couple of games then surely they need to seriously consider a change before it's too late.

30 minutes ago, DE. said:

Bruce is the one I'm most interested in. There were some pretty strong rumours he was going to be ousted in the summer in favour of Henry, but that suddenly died down and it was business as usual. I don't think Bruce has done as badly there as the Villa fans do, but there's no doubt they should be doing much better this season with their current squad. Three wins out of nine matches and they were very lucky not to lose to us as well. They're conceding a lot of goals which isn't typical for a Steve Bruce team. Makes me wonder if it's just gone stale there and it might be time for a change. Villa surely want to get promoted, and early signs during this campaign aren't good.

I said before Hurst desperately needs a win from at least one of the next two matches. If Ipswich can't get at least 3 points from the next couple of games then surely they need to seriously consider a change before it's too late.

Yeah, though they had a similarly poor start last season and ended up comfortably in the play-offs and in the race for the top 2 most of the season. Early days yet. The surprise was the Sheffield Wednesday defeat as their record at Villa Park under Bruce has been exceptional and it is very rare they lose league games there. Cornerstone of any successful side.

He's falling victim to the same sickness in English football as all the 50 something old fashioned managers have - Allardyce, Moyes, Bruce, McCarthy - all shown over time to be exceptionally good at what they do yet the media-geared pro-foreign head coach route is pushing them out. No doubt about it that when/if Villa do sack him off they'll appoint some foreigner who highly likely won't do any better than he has done. Would be great if they went for someone like Dyche when they make a change but we know it won't happen.

Just now, DE. said:

Ended Birmingham 2-2 Ipswich. In isolation not a bad result for Ipswich but they needed three points today. 

Their fans will get what they deserve if they go down in my opinion.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2