BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, philipl said:

I have never rated Steve Bruce except as a player.

Will be very happy to see him stay at Villa because I very much doubt if he would ever get them promoted.

The same Steve Bruce that's achieved promotion from The Championship four times as a manager?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The same Steve Bruce that's achieved promotion from The Championship four times as a manager?

Three times if I read his profile correctly including a Hull City yo-yo.

And he has been most identified with his tenure at Brum over seven seasons which makes him as toxic for several Villa supporters for equivalent local rivalry reasons as Coyle was for us.  

All pretty toxic at Villa whether Bruce is there or not but I stick with my view he is unlikely to get them up.

18 minutes ago, philipl said:

And he has been most identified with his tenure at Brum over seven seasons which makes him as toxic for several Villa supporters for equivalent local rivalry reasons as Coyle was for us.  

All pretty toxic at Villa whether Bruce is there or not but I stick with my view he is unlikely to get them up.

Four times, twice with Birmingham, twice with Hull, play off final in his only full season at Villa where they lost narrowly to a strong Fulham side.

Villa fans weren't bothered about his Birmingham history when he was appointed as they felt he was the best man for the job, even last week when they came to Ewood they were singing his name in the first half.

They're a fickle bunch who like West Ham and Newcastle for some reason always think they are entitled to better than they get and always target someone to blame for their position rather than just accepting that is where they deserve to be.

They hated O'Leary even though he took them to 6th, turned on O'Neill after he didn't get them into the top 4, hated McLeish before he even started, hated Lambert even though he kept them up for 3 seasons, hated Sherwood even though he kept them up and took them to the FA Cup final and now they're turning on Bruce.

Unpleasant with delusions of grandeur. If you set aside their European cup, which when they lifted it was very different to doing it today, and they've won one more trophy in England than we have since WW1 ended. A League Cup. Massive.

Edited by JHRover

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, philipl said:

Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure of that on either count. The concerns I've seen from their fans after a quick scan at their messageboard seem to be with the team selection and style of play, I didn't see a single mention of his BCFC past.

Similarly with Coyle for us, to be fair. If he'd won games and been a competent manager, his past employment down the wrong end of the M65 would have been forgotten. I'm sure any of us would accept Dyche or Howe with open arms if we ever needed a new manager, wouldn't we?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

No one wanted Coyle because he is an abysmal manager.

As K-Hod says, i can't see many Rovers fans turning down Dyche or Howe.

Be interesting to see who Villa go for next. No real obvious quality candidates out there. Very few with successful Championship track records e.g. McCarthy. If they didn't like Bruce they won't like Mick.

No way they'll go for a lower division manager.

Looks like they'll be going foreign with a marquee appointment but their last couple of foreign appointments were disastrous in Garde and Di Matteo.

Would be nice if their billionaire owner made Dyche an offer he couldn't refuse.

• Like 1

• Backroom

If Villa are smart they'll get McCarthy in. I think he'd guarantee them top six at the very least. I don't think they are that smart though. We'll see.

In some ways it's harsh to sack Bruce considering his record and the fact they are still only a few points off a playoff place. On the other hand, one win in the last ten matches in all competitions is very poor for the team they have, and if they were performing at the level they should be they'd probably be in the top two and wouldn't need to be making up ground. 

One of those decisions that could easily go wrong, but if the right decision is made it'll be seen as removing a manager who had gone stale and bringing in a new spark. 

If I was Marcus Evans right now I'd be calling Bruce ASAP and offering him whatever he wanted to come and save them. Doubtful they could convince them to come, but it'd be worth a shot.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Can't see Dyche dropping a division tbh. Allardyce is a possibility though. There's a lot of talent in that squad - with a bit of defensive steel they'd climb the table pretty quickly imo. Would be interesting to see how Villa fans would react to that appointment.

Moyes would be the funniest choice. Interesting, too, as it would probably be the last chance saloon for him.

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Villa should go for Brentford Dean Smith or Carlvahl. 

Cant see them going for Allardyce or McCarthy. Fans wont accept it

If they end up promoted, I’m sure they’ll accept it!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Villa should go for Brentford Dean Smith or Carlvahl. 

Cant see them going for Allardyce or McCarthy. Fans wont accept it

Have you asked all of their 30,000 plus fan base ?

Just because you don't like Sam and Mick doesn't mean they agree with you.

• Like 2

Chanting; a plane; a chicken; a king fu bodyguard; an unspiked drink; pissed up Allardyce-gate; fan meetings; trips to Pune; action groups; countless marches; “Shebby Bloody Singh”; a rap song; yellow scarves; fighting injunctions; LT headlines; polls; #hashtags; podcasts.

And all we needed was a cabbage. A bloody cabbage.

Least we know for next time. ??‍♂️

F8270B1D-9151-46CE-91C4-BA2DAF6646D2.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Chanting; a plane; a chicken; a king fu bodyguard; an unspiked drink; pissed up Allardyce-gate; fan meetings; trips to Pune; action groups; countless marches; “Shebby Bloody Singh”; a rap song; yellow scarves; fighting injunctions; LT headlines; polls; #hashtags; podcasts.

And all we needed was a cabbage. A bloody cabbage.

Least we know for next time. ??‍♂️

F8270B1D-9151-46CE-91C4-BA2DAF6646D2.jpeg

True , next time instead of trying to be savvy be savoy

• Like 3