BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Think it would take an unbelievable offer to even begin to make Allardyce think about managing in the Championship. IF he wants to manage again he will have 2-3 Premier League clubs queuing up for him by the end of the year with a massive bonus for survival on offer.

Villa may tempt him as he's from that area but from what I gather he's ready to hit the sunbed and stay there. It took a LOT of money from Everton to get him to come back out of retirement. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If theyd prefer Carvalhal over the bottom 2 then they are idiots.

depends on what they want and Carvalhal does have experience of the championship and getting teams into the top 6. 

Yes He should have took Sheffield Wednesday during his time there. 

I spoke to my Villa fan mate before tonight game and he said the same two names he mention a couple of weeks agp. 

Plus Villa sacked all Bruce's coaching staff and that is indication that they are bringing in a new coaching staff

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

depends on what they want and Carvalhal does have experience of the championship and getting teams into the top 6. 

I spoke to my Villa fan mate before tonight game and he said the same two names he mention a couple of weeks agp. 

Plus Villa sacked all Bruce's coaching staff and that is indication that they are bringing in a new coaching staff

Spent a lot of money and failed to get promotion then went down at Swansea. 

You seem to be gullible to a fancy foreign manager or a director of football system that usually ends in tears. You also seem to be on board with stuck up responses of clubs who are underperforming but turn their noses up at experienced, proven managers.

Your ability to judge a manager has been shown up by berating Pulis and Bielsa before the season. Not doing too badly considering...

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Spent a lot of money and failed to get promotion then went down at Swansea. 

You seem to be gullible to a fancy foreign manager or a director of football system that usually ends in tears. You also seem to be on board with stuck up responses of clubs who are underperforming but turn their noses up at experienced, proven managers.

Your ability to judge a manager has been shown up by berating Pulis and Bielsa before the season. Not doing too badly considering...

Haven't I said Dean Smith should be appoint Villa manager earlier today. Didn't know he was foreign manager? haha

Villa are appoint a director of football shortly. That's what the are doing. Fact! 

nothing is achieve in October is it? Bielsa has a track record for it going wrong and working out of a club in 2 days into his reign. 

Leeds are top 6 last season at this stage and look how that ended. 

So 12 games in.

Been comprehensively outplayed for 90 minutes in 2 (Derby and Sheffield United) and taken apart in a bad half by Bristol City. Not demolished anybody ourselves yet outside the Caribou Cup.

Huge change from the relegation season when we were second best in most matches including both wins against Newcastle.

Question is now- has last season's promotion bounce run out or can we kick on? Oh and how is Davenport?

Avoiding defeat at Bolton is going to be important for avoiding looking like a decidedly bottom half team. Last night's draws in all the other fixtures did us a favour and we are remarkably only 2 points off a play-off slot and 8 points clear of relegation.

• Like 1

It's very similar to the results and performances Mogga got last time when he was with us in the Championship. 

Home P7 W3 D3 L1 pts12

Away P8  W2  D4 L2 pts 10

Pretty much 1.5 points a game. Win at Bolton and we're bang on that again. 

Every game we won was by a single goal except Brentford away last game of the season when they'd gone on holiday and we won 3-1. 

Mogga is Steady Eddie. No frills football which will garner enough points to stay up.

Fri Feb 24     Champ Burton Albion Away Drew 1-1
Tue Feb 28     Champ Derby County Home Won 1-0
Sat Mar 4     Champ Wigan Athletic Home Won 1-0
Tue Mar 7     Champ Cardiff City Home Drew 1-1
Sat Mar 11     Champ Norwich City Away Drew 2-2
Tue Mar 14     Champ Fulham Away Drew 2-2
Sat Mar 18     Champ Preston North End Home Drew 2-2
Sat Apr 1     Champ Brighton & Hove Albion Away Lost 0-1
Tue Apr 4     Champ Reading Away Lost 1-3
Sat Apr 8     Champ Barnsley Home Lost 0-2
Fri Apr 14     Champ Nottingham Forest Away Won 1-0
Mon Apr 17     Champ Bristol City Home Drew 1-1
Sat Apr 22     Champ Wolverhampton Wanderers Away Drew 0-0
Sat Apr 29     Champ Aston Villa Home Won 1-0
Sun May 7     Champ Brentford Away Won

3-1

Edited by blueboy3333

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's very similar to the results and performances Mogga got last time when he was with us in the Championship. 

Home P7 W3 D3 L1 pts12

Every game we won was by a single goal except Brentford away last game of the season when they'd gone on holiday and we won 3-1. 

Mogga is Steady Eddie. No frills football which will garner enough points to stay up.

3-1

How long is that acceptable to the fan base before the demand for a promotion push. He will get away with it this season but that form will result in mid table mediocrity and our best players getting cherry picked by the bigger clubs in this league. If we have true aspirations of promotion something has to change or are we just a feeder club developing young talent for the big boys. We won't know until next season how ambitious he really is but if the handbrake is still on this time next year then questions will stop being asked and a demand for answers will commence

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carvalhal is well dodgy, a bit of a charlatan and a poor manager. Came from nowhere with suspicious agent involvement, spent loads on an unbalanced and ageing squad that was unfit and poorly drilled - relying mainly on Forestieri's magic to carry them. It fell apart big time - leaving them on the precipice of financial disaster. Wendies couldn't wait to get shot.

Hope he gets it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How long is that acceptable to the fan base before the demand for a promotion push. He will get away with it this season but that form will result in mid table mediocrity and our best players getting cherry picked by the bigger clubs in this league. If we have true aspirations of promotion something has to change or are we just a feeder club developing young talent for the big boys. We won't know until next season how ambitious he really is but if the handbrake is still on this time next year then questions will stop being asked and a demand for answers will commence

Rovers fans need to be very careful in their wishes. Mowbray has done a good job so far. He is methodical, but that is exactly what the club needs after years of idiocy.

Signs are there that Venkys are listening to his plans. Shelling out for Bereton is one of them. I'd stick at the moment. Rovers aren't good enough to go up this year, but hopefully they can build a squad of challengers soon.

As for Villa, Carvahal will do absolutely nothing. Let them have him.

20 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Rovers fans need to be very careful in their wishes. Mowbray has done a good job so far. He is methodical, but that is exactly what the club needs after years of idiocy.

Signs are there that Venkys are listening to his plans. Shelling out for Bereton is one of them. I'd stick at the moment. Rovers aren't good enough to go up this year, but hopefully they can build a squad of challengers soon.

As for Villa, Carvahal will do absolutely nothing. Let them have him.

I agree and that was kind of my point. How long are you building a squad of challengers before the best get cherry picked and you stop moving forward. I am by no means saying mowbray should be anything but praised and he is the right man for the job. My point was at some point (not this season, I agree) he needs to lose that cautious approach and go for it. I haven't seen anything in Tony's dna that suggests he will. How long will fans accept defensive , cautious approaches to games before demanding we start to attack the league. The dacks of this world won't stay around for season after season saying we're building when we play 8 defenders at home

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Home P7 W3 D3 L1 pts12

3-1

Good post. So basically on for 69 points across a season. The last 6 seasons (since we came down from the Premiership) with that points tally would see you 10th, 9th 7th, 9th (us under Bowyer), 9th (one place below us who finished 8th under Bowyer) and 6th. Average over last six seasons is 75 points to get into the play offs. Going back a few years and you were more or less guaranteed a play off spot with 68-70 points, but these days the teams in the play offs seem to be quite a bit ahead of the rest of the league and get more points.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

Villa fans not happy? There's a surprise. They could have Guardiola lined up and some of that lot would complain. 

Championship club appoint man who has spent 15 years in the Premier League and they complain. If he was Portuguese they'd be all over it.

Still think I'd rather have Bruce for a promotion push than Moyes.

19 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I agree and that was kind of my point. How long are you building a squad of challengers before the best get cherry picked and you stop moving forward. I am by no means saying mowbray should be anything but praised and he is the right man for the job. My point was at some point (not this season, I agree) he needs to lose that cautious approach and go for it. I haven't seen anything in Tony's dna that suggests he will. How long will fans accept defensive , cautious approaches to games before demanding we start to attack the league. The dacks of this world won't stay around for season after season saying we're building when we play 8 defenders at home

Kind of with you on this. If the 'plan' at this club is to build something over a few years ahead of an eventual promotion assault on a limited budget then we need to be trying to emulate Sheffield United who have become promotion contenders without massive spending, using a predominantly British squad of players. Trouble is from what I gather Sheffield United and Wilder don't have Mowbray's caution. He approaches every game to win and won't change his approach to counter the opposition. Sometimes that will backfire and they'll lose games and they'll concede plenty.

I don't see that with us. We are a cautious side that worries about the opposition, yet aren't well drilled or organised enough to absorb pressure and keep clean sheets regularly, nor are we a side that does what Sheffield do.

As you say it's lovely saying we're building something over a few years but that hinges on certain conditions and we don't know if they exist or not - will our best players stick around for that? Will Venkys sell them? If so it's a never ending rebuild. What about the fact that almost every summer we've had to sign near double figures to replace people who are out of contract and will have to do again this summer when the assortment of loans and contracts expire?

• Like 1

Has Mowbray and Waggott said in the summer that the plan is to consolidate this season and then challenge for promotion this season. Mowbray has talk about building a squad over 3 transfers windows. Which would be this summer one, January transfer window and Summer 2019 window. 

Waggott has said in the summer if we finish top 10 this season it would an excellent season

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Villa should be looking at Ralph Hasenhüttl as an option. Plays good football and could have a similar impact to when Wagner and Nouo came in at Huddersfield and Wolves. 

It is believe that Mendes is close to the owners aswell so we see who he suggest. 

Im guessing youve read that suggested elsewhere as its an incredibly random link youve suggested.

Smith makes the most sense, ticks most boxes, doing a good job at Brentford and theres an element of long termism there too.

Style is secondary at the moment. They need promotion therefore they shouldnt turn their noses up at Allardyce and McCarthy who would prioritise fixing their leaky defence.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Kind of with you on this. If the 'plan' at this club is to build something over a few years ahead of an eventual promotion assault on a limited budget then we need to be trying to emulate Sheffield United who have become promotion contenders without massive spending, using a predominantly British squad of players. Trouble is from what I gather Sheffield United and Wilder don't have Mowbray's caution. He approaches every game to win and won't change his approach to counter the opposition. Sometimes that will backfire and they'll lose games and they'll concede plenty.

I don't see that with us. We are a cautious side that worries about the opposition, yet aren't well drilled or organised enough to absorb pressure and keep clean sheets regularly, nor are we a side that does what Sheffield do.

As you say it's lovely saying we're building something over a few years but that hinges on certain conditions and we don't know if they exist or not - will our best players stick around for that? Will Venkys sell them? If so it's a never ending rebuild. What about the fact that almost every summer we've had to sign near double figures to replace people who are out of contract and will have to do again this summer when the assortment of loans and contracts expire?

That was the exact point I was trying to make . You just put it more elequently and easier to understand

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As a Rovers fan, I would be happy with them appointing Moyes or Smith. A couple of my mates support them and the delusional fools thought they were going to get Rodgers 

I saw one of their fans post, completely seriously, that they should be considering Arsene Wenger. :huh:

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im guessing youve read that suggested elsewhere as its an incredibly random link youve suggested.

Smith makes the most sense, ticks most boxes, doing a good job at Brentford and theres an element of long termism there too.

Style is secondary at the moment. They need promotion therefore they shouldnt turn their noses up at Allardyce and McCarthy who would prioritise fixing their leaky defence.

Nope. I suggested him for the West Ham manager job in the summer. Good manager in Germany. Very decent CV. i seen him as the manager of FC Ingolstadt 04 on tv and like his style.

Has you said Dean Smith ticks all the boxes and IMO should be their 1st choice but I wouldnt be surprise if they appoint some left field choice on the advise of an agent or advisor. 

Cant see Allardyce coming back into football. McCarthy wont be popular either. 

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I saw one of their fans post, completely seriously, that they should be considering Arsene Wenger. :huh:

Still think they are a big club. Win nothing in years.