BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has Mowbray and Waggott said in the summer that the plan is to consolidate this season and then challenge for promotion this season. Mowbray has talk about building a squad over 3 transfers windows. Which would be this summer one, January transfer window and Summer 2019 window. 

Waggott has said in the summer if we finish top 10 this season it would an excellent season

Chaddy, can you please spend less time telling us what you think Mowbray or Waggot or anyone else at Rovers said or thinks?  Its increasingly annoying.

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. I suggested him for the West Ham manager job in the summer. Good manager in Germany. Very decent CV. i seen him as the manager of FC Ingolstadt 04 on tv and like his style.

Has you said Dean Smith ticks all the boxes and IMO should be their 1st choice but I wouldnt be surprise if they appoint some left field choice on the advise of an agent or advisor. 

Cant see Allardyce coming back into football. McCarthy wont be popular either. 

Still think they are a big club. Win nothing in years. 

Guarantee they'll change their tune if he gets them promoted. For a club that desperately want out of the second tier, why on earth their fans would turn their noses up at a manager with a proven track record of promotions from this division is beyond me!

They've got an absolutely massive fan base, to be fair. I know it's points and not attendances that win prizes, but still. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

David Moyes new bookies favourite for Villa job.

Some Villa fans on twitter not happy at all. 

Neither would I be!

Saw Moyes in a Lytham restaurant a few weeks ago and he didn't look a happy chappy!

If Villa have any sense, they'd appoint Big Sam.  As close as you can get to guaranteed success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Saw Moyes in a Lytham restaurant a few weeks ago and he didn't look a happy chappy!

Would that have been "Lytham Kitchen" by any chance? Some years ago I saw him in the window there on a week day when he was Everton manager and wondered why he wasn't on the training ground.

He wasn't smiling then. He was just normal. He was wearing what social media now call " a normal, relaxed bitch face".  ?

On 05/10/2018 at 13:44, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. I suggested him for the West Ham manager job in the summer. Good manager in Germany. Very decent CV. i seen him as the manager of FC Ingolstadt 04 on tv and like his style.

Has you said Dean Smith ticks all the boxes and IMO should be their 1st choice but I wouldnt be surprise if they appoint some left field choice on the advise of an agent or advisor. 

Cant see Allardyce coming back into football. McCarthy wont be popular either. 

Still think they are a big club. Win nothing in years. 

Sure about that?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/hasenhuttl-is-perfect-man-to-take-charge-at-aston-villa/amp/

Seems someone had the same thought hours before you. Great minds or Chaddy bullshit? You decide.

15 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

Sure about that?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/hasenhuttl-is-perfect-man-to-take-charge-at-aston-villa/amp/

Seems someone had the same thought hours before you. Great minds or Chaddy bullshit? You decide.

Well if you actually look at the time the article was posted just 18 hours ago. Whilst my post was 27 hours ago. I let you work it for yourself Mick??? Maybe check before posted this Bullshit!!! ? 

• Backroom

Swansea 2-3 Ipswich. Lol. Don't think many people would have predicted that as their first win. Sounds like it was a smash and grab in fairness, but still, if you're conceding three at home to Ipswich you have problems. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

with 3 signings in January we could get top 6 this season

If the signings are the right ones and can go straight into the 11 I agree. We also have alot of tough games coming up before the window and it could be the end of January before they arrive. We need to keep up with the pack for that to even be a possibility

• Backroom

3 wins in 12 games suggest Villa need some pretty serious surgery if they are genuinely entertaining ideas of promotion. The squad is good enough but there's obviously something very wrong there mentality-wise. 

23 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If the signings are the right ones and can go straight into the 11 I agree. We also have alot of tough games coming up before the window and it could be the end of January before they arrive. We need to keep up with the pack for that to even be a possibility

Yes we do. 

I think Chapman and Bauer will come in January in my opinion. 

Yes every game is tough. But feel we can donit. 

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Villa fans need to be careful what they wish for. After 7 minutes and a goal up at Millwall, I bet some of the more naive fans were thinking that Bruce was the problem after all, but they lost in the end. Cautious managers are never lauded, but I bet Bruce wouldn't have lost that match. Villa is a poisoned chalice, and has been for a long time.

Looking at the betting currently and Henry and Faria are favourites for the job

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we do. 

I think Chapman and Bauer will come in January in my opinion. 

Yes every game is tough. But feel we can donit. 

Looking at the betting currently and Henry and Faria are favourites for the job

Moyes was the favourite yesterday so the bookies are not a good indicator. Them 2 would be massive, unnecessary risks when more established names are readily available.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Them 2 would be massive, unnecessary risks when more established names are readily available.

I agree on Henry and Faria being a risk. Owners want a big name tho from what Ive read and Mendes is pushing Farian who is close to the owners. From what Ive read tonight its appear that at the minute those 2 are current favourites. 

Like I said before my choice would be Brentford Dean Smith. Good manager, knows the league and will work with a sporting Director who they are appointing. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on Henry and Faria being a risk. Owners want a big name tho from what Ive read and Mendes is pushing Farian who is close to the owners. From what Ive read tonight its appear that at the minute those 2 are current favourites. 

Like I said before my choice would be Brentford Dean Smith. Good manager, knows the league and will work with a sporting Director who they are appointing. 

Dean Smith is the logical call, agreed. Him, Allardyce or McCarthy. Where have you read about the owners wishes? If they want the glamour of a big name over substance then they are as naive/stupid as the fans seem to be.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dean Smith is the logical call, agreed. Him, Allardyce or McCarthy. Where have you read about the owners wishes? If they want the glamour of a big name over substance then they are as naive/stupid as the fans seem to be.

Tomorrow papers. Articles online now. 

Wilder and Smith would be the obvious candidates but would either leave mid-season after doing so well with their current clubs?

Brentford are a good side after seeing us versus them, they have some good players in key areas and play some nice stuff.

Edited by JacknOry