BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

11 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Came away from today's game thinking if ever there is a year to get out of this division this is it. If we're in the mix in January the owners must invest, we're a centre half and centre forward away from being real contenders in my opinion.

Don't forget the back-up keeper! :D

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Really looking forward to the month ahead, we could be excellently placed going into December.

Alas, it’s the Championship so who knows how it will actually work out, though that is what a League should be all about!

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but this is Rovers we are talking about here Matty. I suspect you have been around long enough to expect the unexpected which, despite the frustrations sometimes is what avidly following a football club is about.

For me it's the old 'one game at a time' cliche and see where we end up.

Disclaimer: Hopefully no positive supporters were hurt in the writing of this post ?

• Like 1

Indeed. A month ago and you’d be expecting to turn over QPR, now they are the form side of the league.

Cant remember our last win at Wigan and with I imagining thousands travelling to Deepdale it’s set-up for a let down.

The reason I think we’ll probably finish around 9/10th is we just don’t have the consistency, as yet.

• Backroom

Coming from the same guy who said we had a £50m warchest I think I'll take a wait and see approach on anything Nixon says.

Ipswich do need investment if they want to survive though. Their current team isn't good enough to compete, Hurst really did a number on them.  

• Like 1

Oh well at least with this 'warchest' Nixon can spend the next 3 months entertaining Ipswich supporters with stories of who they're going to be splashing the cash on. He'll probably link a few of ours with moves there as that's his favourite game.

Then if the money doesn't materialize Lambert will have his excuses in place and the blame will be directed at their owner for not investing enough.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed. A month ago and you’d be expecting to turn over QPR, now they are the form side of the league.

Cant remember our last win at Wigan and with I imagining thousands travelling to Deepdale it’s set-up for a let down.

The reason I think we’ll probably finish around 9/10th is we just don’t have the consistency, as yet.

My hope is that we win the 'Lancs Championship Mini-League" to finish above Wigan, Preston and Bolton".

Do that and we will be well placed. 

Everything else a bonus.

Note: No County boundary or similar discussion allowed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Really looking forward to the month ahead, we could be excellently placed going into December.

Alas, it’s the Championship so who knows how it will actually work out, though that is what a League should be all about!

You should know better!  ?

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

We got 6m Brereton not starting but young Mahoney banging them in for whoever it is he plays for...great goal earlier 

Isnt that his first ever goal?

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@DE. itappears that Lambert has got a very good budget in January

Screenshot_20181028-104333_Twitter.jpg

Wouldnt believe a word that man says chaddy.

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

We got 6m Brereton not starting but young Mahoney banging them in for whoever it is he plays for...great goal earlier 

Indeed. 1 goal in 20 appearances since he chose to leave. Birmingham's offence has been unstoppable this year.

(It was a nice strike. Congrats to him on his first ever professional goal...)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wouldnt believe a word that man says chaddy.

He is very close to Lambert and he had the inside track here when he came here. 

It will be interesting to see how he spends the money. need 3 or 4 new players. Plus how he set ups the team whether it diamond formation midfield or 4-2-3-1 or 3 at the back

On paper, our next few games aren't as tricky as our last few!

As we know though, football isn't played on paper and we could easily end up with only a point or two.

My biggest concern is injuries to Lenihan, Raya, Mulgrew - Rodwell also injured and read somewhere Dack was holding his hamstring.

Most recognise we needed more quality in the summer and the expensive commitment to sign Brereton seems more farcical by the day.

Confidence and momentum are everything in this league and my two to go straight up are Sheff U, who mullered us at Ewood, and Derby who seem to be shaping up nicely.

I think we will at best be 10th and if we suffer injuries for any length of time to our key players, we could dip as low as 18th.

Two months to go before the window opens and if I was Waggott, there'd be no more money for Mowbray until we can see which way the wind is blowing on Brereton in particular and to a lesser extent Armstrong.  You can't have a manager making major investments and then playing them out of position or even not at all - it's nonsense.