BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, Butty said:

You made a point the other day of saying that West Brom weren’t down when Moore took over. He took over in April when they were TEN points off safety. They actually went unbeaten for the whole of April and he got manager of the month. Don’t think anyone would have been able to keep them up last season so to hold that against him is harsh for me Chaddy. They’ve not made a great start this season but without spending much it was never going to be easy in such a competitive league. He’s got time to turn it round yet.  

Agreed on last season but hes still got some very good Championship players at his disposal. West Brom fans seem to be losing patience at his inability to stop them conceding, his stubborness towards playing a system that doesnt suit his solid but limited centre backs and also his excessive loyalty to the experience players such as Brunt who is too old to play in a midfield 2. With their squad they should be expected to be in the top 2 but they have hit the buffers so he will need to get a couple of wins or the fans will continue to get restless.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not because they are in the Championship, where the standard is obviously worse than the Premier League. All 3 players are/were just past it in general. Whittingham was let go by Cardiff after a season on the fringes, and struggled to meet expectations even in League 1. Brunt was hopeless in the Premier League last season, and Murphys game time at Fulham had decreased before he joined here, which was at a time when our club was in turmoil and Murphys motivation had gone.

Look at Pablo Hernandez and Stewart Downing. 2 old players playing key roles for their respective sides in the Championship.

The Championship is a great league to watch due the competitiveness, not necessarily the quality.

Neither were let go but rejected new contracts at their clubs. But centre.midfield at this level is very tough and hard. 

Downing and Hernandez both play different roles. 

The championship has lots of quality in the league and is great to watch due to any team can beat any one

4 hours ago, Butty said:

You made a point the other day of saying that West Brom weren’t down when Moore took over. He took over in April when they were TEN points off safety. They actually went unbeaten for the whole of April and he got manager of the month. Don’t think anyone would have been able to keep them up last season so to hold that against him is harsh for me Chaddy. They’ve not made a great start this season but without spending much it was never going to be easy in such a competitive league. He’s got time to turn it round yet.  

I wasnt have a go at Moore. I think he did brilliant during his PL spell. I think he should be given the season to prove himself. 

I think Moore should have overhaul more this summer and play Burke. They are only 5 points off top so close enough. Expect them to spend in January. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wasnt have a go at Moore. I think he did brilliant during his PL spell. I think he should be given the season to prove himself. 

I think Moore should have overhaul more this summer and play Burke. They are only 5 points off top so close enough. Expect them to spend in January. 

Yep, let’s hope they aren’t spending money on Dack.

I reckon they will make a move for him though.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You cant say give him the season and hell to the consequences because if they fall further away and their issues are not rectified it would get to the point where a change is the best course of action. Thats a big if and he may turn it around but you cant just say "give him the season."

I think you are overestimating the quality of the League. Dont get me wrong it is great to watch but thats not necessarily because of the quality. 

Edited by roversfan99

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant say give him the season and hell to the consequences because if they fall further away and their issues are not rectified it would get to the point where a change is the best course of action. Thats a big if and he may turn it around but you cant just say "give him the season."

I think you are overestimating the quality of the League. Dont get me wrong it is great to watch but thats not necessarily because of the quality. 

They might not fall further away at all. Only 5 points away from top spot. Hardly falling away imo. 

No I'm not overestimating the quality of the league at all. The league has lots of quality players

• Backroom

With a manager like McCarthy or Allardyce at the helm I think WBA would probably be in the top two spots. The football would obviously not be as 'entertaining' but it's all about getting out of this league as soon as possible. Every season from the moment of relegation becomes tougher. Look at how we fell away under Bowyer - from 7th, to 9th, to 16th with three wins from sixteen games and GB sacked.  

The quicker you escape this league the better. You really need to give yourself the best possible opportunity from day one to bounce back.

• Like 3

Good result for the plod tonight in Sheff.

Criminal that Sky Sports risk the city centre like this just for the armchair Friday fans.

Said from the start of the season though that Wednesday would be in big, big trouble... they are awful... and we should end the weekend two points behind the “flying” Blades!

We’ll do that by beating Rotherham too!

Shaping up to be a cracking Monday for me and the rest of the South Yorkshire exiles.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Leeds being demolished by WBA. Puts into context just what a good point that was at their place the other week. Also our 0-0 at Derby.

Makes it more frustrating that we haven't followed it up with wins at home against the lesser lights of the division. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

If that's not a wake up call I don't know what is. They destroyed us. We had a good 20 mins the 2nd half of the 1st half but apart from that they were better all over the park. Tiddly om pom pom fuck off west Brom. 2 home games now. Bristol City and Reading. 6 points and clean sheets. Our young keeper isn't good enough.

I saw you had something like 78% possession. That suggests you can't defend if you're conceding 4 to a team that hardly has the ball. On the other hand I've got a mate who's a ST holder at the DW and he said you were the best team he'd seen for ages.

The Championship is a brilliantly competitive league and a nightmare to get out of the right way..

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I saw you had something like 78% possession. That suggests you can't defend if you're conceding 4 to a team that hardly has the ball. On the other hand I've got a mate who's a ST holder at the DW and he said you were the best team he'd seen for ages.

The Championship is a brilliantly competitive league and a nightmare to get out of the right way..

Spot on mate I love this league. At Wigan we looked the business. Class act. Yesterday was totally different. I can't think of 1 Leeds player who had better than a 5/10. Very poor. Biesla needs to pull his finger out and get about them because that was shite. 2 home games now. 6 points. 3 defeats now. Maybe I'm paranoid but this can't go tit's up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Spot on mate I love this league. At Wigan we looked the business. Class act. Yesterday was totally different. I can't think of 1 Leeds player who had better than a 5/10. Very poor. Biesla needs to pull his finger out and get about them because that was shite. 2 home games now. 6 points. 3 defeats now. Maybe I'm paranoid but this can't go tit's up.

I get the impression you're up there because of Biesla rather than because you've got the best players in the league. I think WBA have better players and a deeper squad than Leeds, mainly as a result of their Prem years. If Leeds go up it will be because Bielsa has played a blinder. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I get the impression you're up there because of Biesla rather than because you've got the best players in the league. I think WBA have better players and a deeper squad than Leeds, mainly as a result of their Prem years. If Leeds go up it will be because Bielsa has played a blinder. 

You may well be found to be correct my friend. WBA did us. You did in the 1st half at Ewood. Leeds eh fuck me.

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sure I read something that said he’s known for strong starts and then his teams fall away did to the intensity of his methods catching up.

Very true. 

I think he needs to adapt and come up with a plan B. 

But @CP Company Lad how much are you missing Ayling and Bamford? 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I saw you had something like 78% possession.

WBA only had 28% possession but had 20 shots on goal, whereas Leeds had 72% possession and had 15 shots. Not sure I've ever seen a side with only 28% possession over the match have 20 shots on goal. Really weird.

So what are 15 clubs going to do? Break away and form a 15 team league? How will they get promoted to the Premier League when the only way in is via promotion from the Championship which they will be leaving?

It's just nonsense and those clubs with the bigger crowds attempting to throw their weight around and try to bully those in the lower 2 divisions into agreeing to hand over even more cash to them.

So long as the FIFA, UEFA and the FA stand their ground it doesn't matter how many times clubs threaten to break away, it isn't allowed. Of course when the back-handers start changing hands then rules quickly become redundant and people get what they want.

Edited by JHRover