BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/club-statement--royals-part-company-with-paul-clement

Wonder who they will go for now. Obvious two are Bruce and Jokanovic but expect both would be expensive.

Phil Parkinson would be my choice. knows the club and done a good job at Bolton. cant see Bolton standing in his way either espically with Bolton players not being paid yet still according to the Local Bolton reporter Marc Iles. Bolton are in a huge mess and who Bolton would appoint if he does leave I don't know but huge mess there. 

Cant see Bruce or Jokanovic being interested to be honest. Tho it wouldn't shock me if they appoint an unknown coach to us. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/club-statement--royals-part-company-with-paul-clement

Wonder who they will go for now. Obvious two are Bruce and Jokanovic but expect both would be expensive.

A relative down there who is a huge Reading fan reckons Pearson is in the frame.  At 18/1 worth a flutter, stuck £20 on him.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

What happened to him at Derby? I can't really remember. He's got a pretty decent win% there so did they go on some horrendous run or something?

I can't remember. I also completely forgot he was a coach at Rovers under Kean. That was a bit of a coup by us at the time. I think I have blocked parts f keans reign out 

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Looking like Grayson is interested according to Sky.

I'm sure he is :lol:

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't remember. I also completely forgot he was a coach at Rovers under Kean. That was a bit of a coup by us at the time. I think I have blocked parts f keans reign out 

Yeah, a fairly short stint but a surprise at the time. I'm guessing he didn't take too much from his time working under Kean. Then again, judging by Reading's form this season...

• Like 1

There was a falling out at Derby. Think it was around the time that their chairman came out with that nonsense about the 'Derby way' as though Clement's style wasn't acceptable, though there were rumours of funny business behind the scenes. Can't have been down to results as they were sat in the top 6 at the time. He also did a very good job at keeping Swansea up against all odds when he went in and they seemed doomed but then couldn't build on it the following season.

Was watching highlights of Forest on YouTube after I subscribed to their channel. I'm very impressed with them. I reckon they might sneak automatic. 

Lolly and Cash (sounds like two cowboys) are great players. If we had them on the wing, we would go up. I know Lolly is definitely a winger and I think cash is too, although that isn't mandatory to play on the wing here. The two of them look deadly. Bit jealous. 

There’s plenty of talk about how competitive and unpredictable the Championship is, but looking at the table, is that not the top 10 (not necessarily in order) you’d expect to see, probably Birmingham aside, if you look at budgets, attendances  and wage bills?

Indeed, apart from Sheff Wed, it’s a top 10 that mirrors the top 10 average attendances

Also, shows that we are doing pretty well to be just outside them.

903171F7-198B-4746-9FA9-445C15D42E2E.png

33C179BE-4FA7-4A02-B8C6-43EE112D4376.png

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Said it many a time.  Confidence and momentum go a long way in the Championship.

Think the two automatic spots will come from the current top 4.

My 'dark horse' to go up from play-offs is Villa.

Think the managers of those teams pressing at the moment have far more positivity and creativity than Mowbray.  Think Mowbray's lack of game management nous cost us two points today and sadly, IMV, it's been a recurring theme with Mowbray since he joined us. 

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s plenty of talk about how competitive and unpredictable the Championship is, but looking at the table, is that not the top 10 (not necessarily in order) you’d expect to see, probably Birmingham aside, if you look at budgets, attendances  and wage bills?

Indeed, apart from Sheff Wed, it’s a top 10 that mirrors the top 10 average attendances

Also, shows that we are doing pretty well to be just outside them.

903171F7-198B-4746-9FA9-445C15D42E2E.png

33C179BE-4FA7-4A02-B8C6-43EE112D4376.png

Makes sad reading doesn't it?

Just shows it’s becoming more of a PL2.

Interesting to see how crowds have increased massively in this league over the past 15 years. In 2000/01 Birmingham’s average crowd was the highest in the league with 21,000, they still average 21,000 and they now rank 11th

C466002C-9E32-4F74-B59B-ADAE8B8562CF.png

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After seeing today results I think Sheffield Wednesday need a change of manager and I wouldn't be surprise to a change of manager at Wigan and Brentford shortly. 

Wednesday fans want him gone, think he’ll be gone soon definitely. Can’t see Wigan getting rid of Cook though surely? They are a newly promoted side and they are sat just below mid table. As much as Cook is a you know what he took them up last year and although they’ve had a few bad results I cant see what on earth would make you think they’ll get rid of him? Unless you’ve seen something I haven’t and are conveying it as your own opinion? What’s the crack Chadster?

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Wednesday fans want him gone, think he’ll be gone soon definitely. Can’t see Wigan getting rid of Cook though surely? They are a newly promoted side and they are sat just below mid table. As much as Cook is a you know what he took them up last year and although they’ve had a few bad results I cant see what on earth would make you think they’ll get rid of him? Unless you’ve seen something I haven’t and are conveying it as your own opinion? What’s the crack Chadster?

I just think with new owners in place, new CEO and Joe Royle there, I think Royle would like to appoint his own guy. Plus 2 wins in 11 last games aswell. I think Cook deserves the season myself but wouldnt surprise if they change

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Paul Lambert has managed to get 2 points from 6 games at Ipswich, losing his last 4. Bet they are regretting that appointment already.

Would it been any better under Hurst?

Ipswich need new signings and quick. Weak up front after all 3 experience strikers left in the summer in McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn. 

They have a young squad there but need experience/more quality players in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just think with new owners in place, new CEO and Joe Royle there, I think Royle would like to appoint his own guy. Plus 2 wins in 11 last games aswell. I think Cook deserves the season myself but wouldnt surprise if they change

Fair enough, I agree he should be given the season absolutely. Suppose we’ll see how serious there new owners are soon enough... Paul Warne has done a great job with Rotherham so far this season, on paper they should be where Ipswich are. I know it’s early days but If he can keep them up he’s my manager of the season, unless TM pulls a miracle off and we finish in the playoffs ;) 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Paul Lambert has managed to get 2 points from 6 games at Ipswich, losing his last 4. Bet they are regretting that appointment already.

Not sure who else they could have appointed in reality, they’ve got a terrible squad. Shows that McCarthy worked wonders with what he had there!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would it been any better under Hurst?

Ipswich need new signings and quick. Weak up front after all 3 experience strikers left in the summer in McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn. 

They have a young squad there but need experience/more quality players in. 

Slightly. Hurst picked up 9 points from 15 at an average of 0.6 points per game. Embarassingly low. Lamberts picked up 2 from 6 games at a average of 0.33 points per game, even worse!

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Not sure who else they could have appointed in reality, they’ve got a terrible squad. Shows that McCarthy worked wonders with what he had there!

Thats true and totally agree on McCarthy. Wonder if their fans would admit yet that they were idiots for hounding him out?

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Slightly. Hurst picked up 9 points from 15 at an average of 0.6 points per game. Embarassingly low. Lamberts picked up 2 from 6 games at a average of 0.33 points per game, even worse!

Thats true and totally agree on McCarthy. Wonder if their fans would admit yet that they were idiots for hounding him out?

that's stat only can compare over the same number of games. 

It appears they are playing better but I feel Lambert need to make 3 or 4 signings in January that will turn their season around. 

I bet they wouldn't and neither would I. McCarthy aint innocent in all this. Would I want McCarthy at my club? no I wouldn't 

Ipswich owner and Board have to take the blame for the Hurst appointment and not sure they did a proper background search on him