BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom

Lambert needed a win early on to get things going. They had a couple of games where they were 2-1 up, playing well, then conceded and ended up drawing both. Since then it's slowly been going downhill. 

In fairness they are playing better, but their defence is atrocious. Makes our backline look like a legendary Italian defence in comparison. 

The only plus is that they brought in so many League 1 standard players they should be well equipped for next season. 

With 1 win in 21 games Ipswich should be virtually down already, but as it stands they are 'only' 8 points from safety, which is still a bridgeable gap given the poor standard of those hovering just above them. Reading and Millwall can't buy wins.

If they can get through to January and be less than 10 points from safety whilst a tough ask they could still clamber to safety, though it will be tough and seems unlikely unless they can massively strengthen in January.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

With 1 win in 21 games Ipswich should be virtually down already, but as it stands they are 'only' 8 points from safety, which is still a bridgeable gap given the poor standard of those hovering just above them. Reading and Millwall can't buy wins.

If they can get through to January and be less than 10 points from safety whilst a tough ask they could still clamber to safety, though it will be tough and seems unlikely unless they can massively strengthen in January.

Had to check that, 1 win all season. That is shocking. 

@chaddyrovers I thought you said they had a good squad during the summer?? :) 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's doesn't add up if he only managed 2 games? :lol:

Oops! Indeed. Apologies.

As I'm sure everyone has managed to figure out over his last 2 jobs at Stoke and Ipswich combined it's W2 D9 L10 which doesn't make it any the less poor despite your use of the laughing emoji to pour scorn on my post!

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oops! Indeed. Apologies.

As I'm sure everyone has managed to figure out over his last 2 jobs at Stoke and Ipswich combined it's W2 D9 L10 which doesn't make it any the less poor despite your use of the laughing emoji to pour scorn on my post!

He does that to irritate others and give the finger to the Mods, who don't actually give a shit either.

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking like another season in which you need nowhere near 51 points to survive...

Yep. Lucky Notlobbers could easily get out of jail again this season with a target way below what we needed to survive. Also managed automatic promotion with a much lower total than we needed last season.

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He does that to irritate others and give the finger to the Mods, who don't actually give a shit either.

But we do and we actually wanted rid of the thing due to its misuse. 

Seems we can’t win? ?‍♂️

48 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But we do and we actually wanted rid of the thing due to its misuse. 

Seems we can’t win? ?‍♂️

Keeping it is the right thing. But people need to be reminded now and again not to be dicks.

(Me included - before anyone else says it!)

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I say do away with it - its just a lazy way to troll and get digs in. 

I will just quote and 'lol' at any posts i find funny.

Let’s not go through all this again... it went really bad last time!!

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I say do away with it - its just a lazy way to troll and get digs in. 

I will just quote and 'lol' at any posts i find funny.

I think you are onto something there. Using the laughter emoji without responding clearly winds people up(if they weren't actually making a joke) , if you respond 9/10 the situation will be diffused without people getting annoyed, even if you aren't agreeing with what the poster says. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think you are onto something there. Using the laughter emoji without responding clearly winds people up(if they weren't actually making a joke) , if you respond 9/10 the situation will be diffused without people getting annoyed, even if you aren't agreeing with what the poster says. 

I think we have all done it in the past so not excusing myself but I have been consciously forcing myself to only use it at posts I genuinely find funny rather than as a way to 'laugh' at someones opinion. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think we have all done it in the past so not excusing myself but I have been consciously forcing myself to only use it at posts I genuinely find funny rather than as a way to 'laugh' at someones opinion. 

As have I. I remember after one game there was a number of drive by laughs followed up by revenge hits. Real tit for tat stuff! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You can win, just put in a sarcasm/wtf type emojii.

We did have a confused emoji at one point, but I think that suffered the same fate...

Ideally, people would just use things as they were intended, but it seems that can't always happen!