BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

I think our next 5 fixtures will determine where our season goes. We play 9th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th. 10 points from these games and I reckon the play offs are possibility. Lose a couple and I think mid table is the best we can hope for. That is unless we are set to sign another teenager this time called Mbappe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As have I. I remember after one game there was a number of drive by laughs followed up by revenge hits. Real tit for tat stuff! 

A shout out from the BRFCS hood,  having sensible gun laws results in this and only feelings are hurt, innit, respect

• Backroom

In a selfless and heroic move Bolton’s chairman and owner is going to pay the players wages on Friday, just two weeks late and just in time to stop them being able to cancel contracts

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:08, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think our next 5 fixtures will determine where our season goes. We play 9th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th. 10 points from these games and I reckon the play offs are possibility. Lose a couple and I think mid table is the best we can hope for. That is unless we are set to sign another teenager this time called Mbappe. 

I can guarantee you that we will not get 10 points out of them.

6 at best.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If Cryer had spoken out against the Venkyscum he would have got banned but that didn’t happen because the LT are club lapdogs.

Fair play to the Fella for behaving like a journalist.

The fans need to know what is happening at their proud clubs, not just what their incompetent owners want them to know.

I hope Father Christmas brings everyone what they want, as the next month and a bit is looking like it could be very tough - if the opposition turn up we might not even get a point until almost FEBRUARY. ?

The next few games against the top teams go without saying (Norwich, Leeds, Sheff United, West Brom) - but then there's the trip to The Den (where Millwall are no pushovers) and by the time we play Ipswich at home following that they might be playing amazing under their not so new manager.

Further misery could come with an F.A. cup stuffing at Newcastle, and no  January transfer window investment, as we'll be way off the play-offs (more than likely hovering around 17th position looking up at Preston).

BAH! HUMBUG!

Don't think Middlesbrough losing was that much of a shock. They're on a bad run and we should have beat them. Also not surprised at Ipswich beating Wigan. Wigan are awful away from home.

Sounds like Reading are after a Portuguese manager at Rio Ave who's been around the block. Could be great or could be a disaster given their position.

We need a few points from these next 4 games. Otherwise we could be down in 14-16th very quickly given how tight it is in the middle of the table.

• Backroom

Getting three points today would have been hugely beneficial. We would have been 8th and 2 points off the playoffs, despite a fairly poor recent run of form. Instead we're 12th, with just one win in five games and looking over our shoulders as QPR, Preston and Bristol City all start catching up. With the run of fixtures coming up all three could easily overtake us by the time December is finished.

• Like 1

QPR beating Boro just shows that we yet again dropped points we should have taken. We were against ten men too - Boro are that early favorite that will fall like a stone and we should have sped that process up as they are terrible at the minute. Dropped points will be what this season will be remembered for on our part.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

QPR beating Boro just shows that we yet again dropped points we should have taken. We were against ten men too - Boro are that early favorite that will fall like a stone and we should have sped that process up as they are terrible at the minute. Dropped points will be what this season will be remembered for on our part.

Parallels with the Ipswich game. In isolation most people were happy with a point away from home at a traditionally tough venue for us but then if you look at the circumstances on the day and the other results those sides had it is clear they were there for the taking, yet we relinquished leads and only managed to take home a point.

Something worries me a bit about the way Mowbray is saying this is a work in progress etc. Of course, this is true , but this season was/is one where we had momentum coming in from League 1, plus we have Dack. I think we had/have a really good chance to break into the top 6, if only we got a couple of bits of business right during the summer and were a bit braver in games. 

It's just I don't really see whats stopping us from plodding along in midtable next season as well , or worse if Dack leaves. It's not like we have youth players coming through who are going to revolutionize our first 11 in the next year or two. Then you have the likes of Rothwell who should be ready now, but isn't getting on. Reed is a loan, if we don't sign him, that's another area we will be weaker. 

I am just starting to get a feeling that this year might be one we look back on with a bit of regret if we don't start taking points that are on a plate. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 8

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Something worries me a bit about the way Mowbray is saying this is a work in progress etc. Of course, this is true , but this season was/is one where we had momentum coming in from League 1, plus we have Dack. I think we had/have a really good chance to break into the top 6, if only we got a couple of bits of business right during the summer and were a bit braver in games. 

It's just I don't really see whats stopping us from plodding along in midtable next season as well , or worse if Dack leaves. It's not like we have youth players coming through who are going to revolutionize our first 11 in the next year or two. Then you have the likes of Rothwell who should be ready now, but isn't getting on. Reed is a loan, if we don't sign him, that's another area we will be weaker. 

I am just starting to get a feeling that this year might be one we look back on with a bit of regret if we don't start taking points that are on a plate. 

Agree completely. Obviously there's nothing wrong with having long term plans, but sometimes in football you need to be ready to seize opportunities when they present themselves. I don't think our summer business prepared us to do this at all. We've found ourselves in a league where the poor teams are really poor (seriously, the bottom end of the Championship is just tragic) and the teams at the top end of the league are all capable of dropping points and stumbling. If there's any season to get an unexpected shot at the playoffs it feels like it's this one - but we've left ourselves so weak at the back that it's simply impossible for us to protect leads or stop leaking goals, even with a formation that is supposed to help with that. 

Of course finishing mid-table this season is far from a disaster and most of us would have taken it if offered at the start of the season. With the way things have panned out though, especially with a number of teams being significantly weaker than most would have predicted, it's hard not to feel a little disappointed that we're more than likely going to finish somewhere in the middle, well short of the top six. 

With Venky's in charge there really is no point looking much further ahead than the current season, so I think feelings of discontent at the moment are understandable enough. For all we know Mowbray could be out on his arse in the summer, with all our better players sold off and Steve Kean back in charge. With this lot you just never know. 

• Like 3

No doubt we are competitive. It just feels like we show worse teams too much respect, then play some of the perceived better teams off the field only to, on a number of occasions, absolutey collapse under pressure at the back. We always look nervous at the back when ahead. 

If you put a Sol Bamba a centre half instead of Lenihan and a proper winger on the left, we would be in the play off places I have no doubt. Armstrong should be happy to be deputising for Graham. He shouldn't be our first choice winger. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just starting to get a niggling feeling this season might be as good a chance as we will get the way things have panned out. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2