BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Moderation Lead

He seems like that guy at Portsmouth who blatantly didn't have the readies to take over, but did anyway. 

I suppose the only thing you can say in Ken Anderson's favour is that he is actively trying to sell the club.....

Quite how they've escaped a points deduction is beyond me. It all makes a mockery of the 'fit and proper' person's test. 

They seem to owe money all over the gaff. The alarm bells should have been ringing when they sold their training ground and land around the stadium for car parking really!

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, philipl said:

Apparently Karanka on point of being dismissed at Forest because of disagreements.

Karanka who has a track record of falling out with people, working for an owner who goes through managers for fun, at a club that should be under immense pressure to get promoted this season given their outlay.

Not exactly surprising but given their position just outside the play-offs I'd expect them to wait a bit before making a change.

Absolutely no time or sympathy for them if it all goes pear-shaped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Karanka who has a track record of falling out with people, working for an owner who goes through managers for fun, at a club that should be under immense pressure to get promoted this season given their outlay.

Not exactly surprising but given their position just outside the play-offs I'd expect them to wait a bit before making a change.

Absolutely no time or sympathy for them if it all goes pear-shaped.

Seems to be falling outs not league position-related.

He has survived today so I guess they are keeping him.

Looks dodgy to me with all the various people there behind the scenes. Marinakis from Olimpiakos owning the club, an assortment of foreign directors, some hot-shot QC there as Chairman.

Hope they crash and burn as they've done exactly what FFP rules are supposed to prevent and clearly think it is as simple as chucking huge money at it and going up like Wolves did.

Never liked Karanka from when he was at Middlesbrough. Very much in the Mourinho mold of being hard to beat, defensively based and could fall out in an empty phone box but without Mourinho's track record to fall back on.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Looks dodgy to me with all the various people there behind the scenes. Marinakis from Olimpiakos owning the club, an assortment of foreign directors, some hot-shot QC there as Chairman.

Hope they crash and burn as they've done exactly what FFP rules are supposed to prevent and clearly think it is as simple as chucking huge money at it and going up like Wolves did.

Never liked Karanka from when he was at Middlesbrough. Very much in the Mourinho mold of being hard to beat, defensively based and could fall out in an empty phone box but without Mourinho's track record to fall back on.

Think he has fallen out with them over expectations - I think what you said in that they were expecting to throw money at it and go straight up is the crux of it. They might be well placed to make the playoffs but a couple of poor defeats seemingly has pushed them to push him out as they expect automatic promotion. The fans actually rate the manager saying he is the best they have had for many years and cannot believe this has happened and I find it all odd anyway, he was still molding his team.

it seems that the Championship has become a gambling tool for the super rich. Chuck a ton of money at it and hope to reach the promised land and mega-TV deals.

Edited by JacknOry

32 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Although they spent £24m under Karanka in summer, I think they've balanced it out with sales from Assombalonga, some other player who's name escapes me (was sold last January I think), and Brereton. So they have had some good sales, recently.

Still, even with those players moving out (not that Brereton was ever part of Karanka's plans), most managers would give an arm and leg to spend that much on their own players!

I think it's crazy sacking a manager who is 7th in the league. Money doesn't guarantee instant success , especially in this league.