BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can someone explain to me what is going on with Bolton and Forrest Green? I have seen tweets on twitter from both clubs, but I don't understand what happened 

Bolton loaned a striker called Doidge from Forrest Green on a loan to buy deal, same as Brereton with us. It was a deal worth up to £1m apparently. According to what was reported, Bolton didn't pay his wages for the last 4 months, so Forrest Green had to pay them. Then this week, they were due to pay the first instalment of the fee and didn't pay that either. After that the owner of Bolton Ken Anderson and the Forrest Green Chairman, got into a war of words about it, and the player has now returned to Forrest Green, who are now threatening breach of contract. All sorts of allegations have followed and there is a fair bit about it on the Bolton News website. Looks like Bolton are in big trouble and have two winding up orders currently served on them one from HMRC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Bolton loaned a striker called Doidge from Forrest Green on a loan to buy deal, same as Brereton with us. It was a deal worth up to £1m apparently. According to what was reported, Bolton didn't pay his wages for the last 4 months, so Forrest Green had to pay them. Then this week, they were due to pay the first instalment of the fee and didn't pay that either. After that the owner of Bolton Ken Anderson and the Forrest Green Chairman, got into a war of words about it, and the player has now returned to Forrest Green, who are now threatening breach of contract. All sorts of allegations have followed and there is a fair bit about it on the Bolton News website. Looks like Bolton are in big trouble and have two winding up orders currently served on them one from HMRC.

Thanks

My God, that sounds very unfair, particularly on the player. Is it all down to finances , or did they just not fancy him? Amateur hour

Just now, JHRover said:

Surely the Bolton owner would have known that there was going to be little to no chance of them affording £1 million+ on a single player given their troubles. Makes me wonder if the whole thing was a deliberate stunt.

I think it was 4 instalments of £250k some possibly based on certain outcomes, avoiding relegation and a number of goals perhaps. I am guessing there, but whatever has happened the poor lad himself has apparently signed up for a house in the Bolton area and been promised much bigger wages then he was on. If it was a deliberate stunt, it is a bad one. There are some other things came out of it too, with Bolton fans being invited to a Forrest Green Home game with Bury in Feb and the Chairman has been selling Bolton fans T Shirts with the words No Ken do printed on them. It is quite funny actually some of the stuff on the Bolton News Website, a real war of words between them.

Seems like a pretty dodgy character Ken Anderson.

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thanks

My God, that sounds very unfair, particularly on the player. Is it all down to finances , or did they just not fancy him? Amateur hour

It seems to be all down to finances. Anderson has said it was agreed that the first instalment would be made on the receipt of some central TV funds in January. Dale Vince the FGR chairman, says that simply isn't true and also says he has had to pay the lads wages as Bolton haven't. I don't think the player has torn up any trees, but for what they have paid for him, is steady enough 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I know that everybody is on the side of Forest Green Rovers (a third of their name is superb, after all), but aren't they a bit stupid to believe future promises from a club that is in financially dire straits? "I'll get you the money, just give me time!". Anderson is clearly not a man of his word, but I think it's naive in the first place for FGR to deal with them on this basis.

They probably are a bit at fault and possibly stupid too, but who knows what has gone on behind the scenes? I did read something about Dale Vince trying to keep the lad, as he was their top scorer, but his head had been turned and it was the last day of the loan window. I guess it is the usual, money talks, the grass is greener and all that, but on this occasion, dark forces appear to have been at work. I also think he was near the end of his contract too, so could have gone for nothing in the summer.

On 09/01/2019 at 20:29, S8 & Blue said:

Looks an interesting appointment to be fair. It will either go spectacularly right or crazily wrong - exciting.

The new Stoke boss came across extremely well in interview, seemed unshakeable in his belief that the quality of his staff and their methods would bring promotion, how quickly was down to the players and how well they were prepared to buy into those methods and how hard they were prepared to work.

Amazingly, not a mention of "slow burns" or 5 year plans etc! 

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I know that everybody is on the side of Forest Green Rovers (a third of their name is superb, after all), but aren't they a bit stupid to believe future promises from a club that is in financially dire straits? "I'll get you the money, just give me time!". Anderson is clearly not a man of his word, but I think it's naive in the first place for FGR to deal with them on this basis.

I saw the FGR chairman interviewed on Sky and he seemed quite on the button about the incident whereas the statement released from Anderson completely ignored the basic point of whether the player had been paid or not and instead resorted to insulting the FGR chairman on a personal level.

Definitely believe the FGR version over Bolton's.

12 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I suppose they took Bolton at their word. I would imagine clubs will be less trusting of them going forward now 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The new Stoke boss came across extremely well in interview, seemed unshakeable in his belief that the quality of his staff and their methods would bring promotion, how quickly was down to the players and how well they were prepared to buy into those methods and how hard they were prepared to work.

Do you really need the difference in our situation to theirs explained to you? 

Stoke should 100% expect to be doing better. I think they had the best squad of the 3 that went down. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I noticed that Simon Ireland who has been appointed Forest caretaker manager and was assistant to Karanka made 1 appearance for Rovers in 1993. Anyone remember him?

Also came back coaching at Rovers just before the loons appeared for two or three years , Under 18's assistant manager If I remember rightly

Edited by perthblue02

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very impressive words, and to be fair his record has been equally impressive over the last 18 months.

He might find that he's bitten off a little more than he can chew there though. We know better than most how difficult it can be to turn around a basket case team when there's high expectations and a cloud over the club. Getting Stoke back on track and at the top of the division might not be as easy as taking Luton through the divisions. 

Bolton owner Anderson paid himself a £500,000 plus bonus as a reward for their promotion from League One, which upset fans. He also lives in Monaco.  In other words, he's a greedy, tax evading individual. John McGinlay, the former Bolton player, has organised a protest group to fight Anderson. Thank goodness we have ethical, popular owners

Not really Rev. Lot of similarities in going from a very stable situation to the opposite.

Totally different environment at a relegated Stoke with a lot of high earning, under achieving egos from a club like Luton that’s spent years in lower and non league.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Bolton owner Anderson paid himself a £500,000 plus bonus as a reward for their promotion from League One, which upset fans. He also lives in Monaco.  In other words, he's a greedy, tax evading individual. John McGinlay, the former Bolton player, has organised a protest group to fight Anderson. Thank goodness we have ethical, popular owners

And I'm sure we'll all show them as much sympathy and solidarity as they showed us in our time of need... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

And I'm sure we'll all show them as much sympathy and solidarity as they showed us in our time of need... 

Do as I say not as I do. 

#kenout for me.

SuperKeith has his say in this clip, and tells us something about a certain ex- manager that we could have guessed...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11605059/leeds-boss-marcelo-bielsa-i-did-send-someone-to-spy-on-derby-training

Bielsa has admitted sending a 'spy' to watch Derby's training session before their game tonight. Lampard says they did tactics, shape, set plays and positional sessions which were with tonight's game in mind. He said Harry Wilson was missing the session which will probably effect how Leeds set up and play.

I hope they throw the book at Leeds as Bielsa has admitted they have done it before. However everyone knows the EFL and FA are as weak as p*** when it comes to something like this.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Do as I say not as I do. 

#kenout for me.

SuperKeith has his say in this clip, and tells us something about a certain ex- manager that we could have guessed...

A clown belongs in a circus. At least he has the right haircut to get in character.