BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Moderation Lead

Whatever anyone’s feelings towards Leeds, nobody can deny they deserved the win last night and they’re where they are on merit. 

The city centre is great, I may be biased as I went to uni there, but I’ve always been a fan!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whatever anyone’s feelings towards Leeds, nobody can deny they deserved the win last night and they’re where they are on merit. 

The city centre is great, I may be biased as I went to uni there, but I’ve always been a fan!

They beat a poor weak Derby side but did have a good goal wrongly disallowed and at least 1, maybe 2, decent penalty shouts turned down.

Leeds by far the better team throughout the game.

Scott Carson played well for Leeds and had an assist in both goals ...... oh hang on a minute ........

Derby's best effort was the penalty they should have been awarded when the Leeds keeper deliberately put his foot/studs into a Derby face and was not even spoken to.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Rovers now have played both games against three of the top four which means on the teams around us have somewhat tougher games to come on paper.

Three clubs have zoomed up the table with runs of five or more wins- QPR, Brum and now Hull who are the third of our three home games coming up on the trot.

Hopefully, we can get a run of successive wins going ourselves now. Very often runs get going after grinding out the sort of win we have got at Millwall this evening. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd say our squad is worth a lot more than £23million surely. Dack around £18milllion, Mulgrew at £3million, Nyambe £3/4million, Raya similar, Lenihan similar again. Then you have young players like Armstrong and Travis who are worth a few bob and then the rest of the squad. I'd say a figure of £35million would be more accurate.

2 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

I'd say our squad is worth a lot more than £23million surely. Dack around £18milllion, Mulgrew at £3million, Nyambe £3/4million, Raya similar, Lenihan similar again. Then you have young players like Armstrong and Travis who are worth a few bob and then the rest of the squad. I'd say a figure of £35million would be more accurate.

Dack £18m :unsure:

We rejected £15million from West Brom in August and his profile and goal tally has only increased since then. He’s scored as many goals as this time last season - but at a higher level, so hasn’t ‘dropped off’ at all.

So of course £18million+ is reasonable in this daft market.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We rejected £15million from West Brom in August and his profile and goal tally has only increased since then. He’s scored as many goals as this time last season - but at a higher level, so hasn’t ‘dropped off’ at all.

So of course £18million+ is reasonable in this daft market.

Looks like a bit of good negotiating going on on both sides there. Potential buyer and potential seller. :D 

Personally I wouldn’t part with a future England play-maker for anything lesss than £20m in today’s market. ;) 

Edited by Stuart

29 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

I would have Dack around £10m. Similar to what we payed for Pat Bamford. Dack showed quality in League 1 but what I have seen this season has dropped off a bit.

He played in a better team last season relative to the opposition. This season the responsibility on his shoulders is huge. Yet Dack is still the top scoring AM in the league. He's got more than highly-lauded Harry Wilson and Harvey Barnes. As a goalscoring AM he is a bit special, as this seasons goal return has showed. 

It's needs putting in context too. He is the top scoring AM in the league in a team that creates very few chances from open play. 

He's kicked on this year, not dropped off. 

• Like 4

• Backroom

Dack had an excellent start to the season. His form only started to drop off when Mowbray started playing him as a CF, for reasons only the manager can explain. After that, even back in his preferred role, his performances waned a bit - but in fairness the whole team was struggling throughout December, so it wasn't just Dack. 

Mowbray subbing him off the past few games is interesting, as it wasn't happening before. Is it fitness, attitude or just that Dack doesn't fit into the shape Mowbray wants to play towards the end of our past few matches? 

Just now, DE. said:

Dack had an excellent start to the season. His form only started to drop off when Mowbray started playing him as a CF, for reasons only the manager can explain. After that, even back in his preferred role, his performances waned a bit - but in fairness the whole team was struggling throughout December, so it wasn't just Dack. 

Mowbray subbing him off the past few games is interesting, as it wasn't happening before. Is it fitness, attitude or just that Dack doesn't fit into the shape Mowbray wants to play towards the end of our past few matches? 

I think it’s gone a long way to shoring us up in the last few minutes, we went 4-4-2 vs WBA and brought on a pacy outlet we needed yesterday.

Risk/Reward with keeping the magician on when it’s not working or the ball is just being pumped into our box and we’re being pushed back.

Fantastic game management from TM.

• Like 1