BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

54 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

To continue my fickle wave of positivity after the last three results I thought I'd work out where we "should" be in the league;

Gained Points 

Derby away +2

Stoke away +2

QPR home +2

Bolton away +2

Lost Points

Birmingham @ home -2

Ipswich away - 2

Leeds away - 2

Reading home - 2

Forest home - 2

Villa home - 2

I've therefore got us 4 points worse off than we "should" be which feels about right overall.

You could possibly argue Rotherham home and Borough away we didn't get what we deserved either but I didn't want to be silly about it. Obviously.

How lovely. 

I understand the point you are making but fans of most clubs could legitimately go through their own games, look at the league table and do likewise and where would that leave us? Also, if I was nit picking I reckon Leeds away should have been -3 and Millwall away should have been +2, based on your inclusion of other similar scenarios.

Footie has always been a game of ifs, buts and maybes ?

• Like 3

From BBC Sport txt commentary: 

'Some smart play by Jason Lowe in the build-up, passable impersonation of Andres Iniesta in terms of turning out of danger and launching an attack'

.....now who said he wasn't a footballing genius.....

(errrm....before some delusional tries to persuade us that he was actually a decent player for us, it's tongue in cheek. The quote is genuine tho'...)

Just now, garnersfags said:

'Some smart play by Jason Lowe in the build-up, passable impersonation of Andres Iniesta in terms of turning out of danger and launching an attack'

(errrm....before some delusional tries to persuade us that he was actually a decent player for us, it's tongue in cheek. The quote is genuine tho'...)

Pissed, obviously......and probably JLowe as well. Only way he could swivel that easily.

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

To be fair, I've seen him head away a bit of a shit cross and then he looked like he was going to take a free kick but didn't.

I miss his class.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I understand the point you are making but fans of most clubs could legitimately go through their own games, look at the league table and do likewise and where would that leave us? Also, if I was nit picking I reckon Leeds away should have been -3 and Millwall away should have been +2, based on your inclusion of other similar scenarios.

Footie has always been a game of ifs, buts and maybes ?

Fair comment, though I thought Millwall away was a solid victory.

Anyway I'm blaming the dullest transfer window in history for me writing bollocks. 

32 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:
34 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Pissed, obviously......and probably JLowe as well. Only way he could swivel that easily.

....now this:

"Absolute peach of a strike by Jason Lowe after a corner is knocked into his path is palmed away by Sam Johnstone.

Lowe hit it on the swivel. Took some stopping. Bolton denied."

Wow. He'll be pivoting next....

Claret in peace as ever,

Think you've had a cracking season so far, certainly better than I, and I suspect many of you thought possible .. The madness of the " Championship " seems to continue season after season with anyone capable of beating anyone else " on the day ", excepting maybe Ipswich and Bolton . 12 points currently separate West Brom in 3rd on 50 points and Stoke, lying 15th with 38 points ...

Do you think you can carry it on for the last 18 games, or is the squad lacking in depth should you get a few injuries/suspensions ? Mowbray seems to be popular amongst my Rovers mates, regarded as a " safe pair of hands " after the revolving door years ! Can you come with a late run ?

Just now, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace as ever,

Think you've had a cracking season so far, certainly better than I, and I suspect many of you thought possible .. The madness of the " Championship " seems to continue season after season with anyone capable of beating anyone else " on the day ", excepting maybe Ipswich and Bolton . 12 points currently separate West Brom in 3rd on 50 points and Stoke, lying 15th with 38 points ...

Do you think you can carry it on for the last 18 games, or is the squad lacking in depth should you get a few injuries/suspensions ? Mowbray seems to be popular amongst my Rovers mates, regarded as a " safe pair of hands " after the revolving door years ! Can you come with a late run ?

We have decent depth now and I think our next game against Hull will sort of tell us whether our season ends up as playoff hopefuls or safe mid-table plodders. Get some kind of result against them will carry on our momentum having picked up 100% so far in 2019. We then have a few easier matches (on paper) after that with some big fixtures happening between sides directly above us. Being just six points away from the playoffs currently means that a few good wins and we could really be in the mix.

Agree that it has been a great season for us so far - most of us (myself included) would have just been happy enough to consolidate ourselves in this division at the start of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace as ever,

We have 40 points from 28 games and I will be disappointed and surprised if we don't keep this rate of points accumulation going which points to 66 points. Given we have played twice against three of the top four already, we have got cuter about conceding after the 70th minute and we have a couple of youngsters emerge like million pound signings since Christmas, 70 points is probably par now. Whether we can push that on to 76 points+ to get into the play-offs is probably too much to ask so I am sticking with prediction of finishing 7th.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

There’s been a tennis ball protest.

I repeat, A (singular) tennis ball protest.

poor buggers

Not quite. They delayed the kick off with quite a few of them. Someone obviously turned up late and joined in at the 85th minute.

As for J-Lowe, it wasn't his worst game last night to be fair. Ran around a lot, give it a right good go.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Nobody else have a real feel of schadenfreude seeing those protests last night? 

Conflicted. A little bit to those who have revelled in our struggles in previous years, but then again I never really got the impression that was more than a few idiots on the internet.

It's looking like the damage has probably been done in terms of getting them relegated and skinting them, bar extreme fortune with new owners. I'll take that as my schadenfreude and hope it doesn't go much further.

Wouldn't wish losing a football club on anyone. Except MK Dons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Obi Mikel off to Boro. Can only hope his desire is way out after a couple of year's lording it up in China.

A boring footballer for a boring manager, perfect fit. I'm with others on here that Boro are the one's we are going to pip to the play-offs if we get there. For the record I don't think we will make it.

• Backroom

No chance of us getting into the playoffs imo, it'll be the same as under GB, as soon as we get close we'll start falling away. The consistency and quality just isn't there yet. A top ten finish would be a good start and a base to build on assuming Venky's don't randomly decide to do something stupid in the next 12 months. You can never be sure.

• Like 5