BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

7 minutes ago, Husky said:

But there's much better players than Brereton playing in the lower divisions. It's not inconceivable that we could have signed literally any one of them for comparatively next to nothing and they would have been biting their hands off to play in The Championship.

Ah, I wasn’t talking about Brereton, but when people say - “Pukki was free why couldn’t we sign a player like him!”

I thought you were referencing Pukki, I don’t see the need to find new and inventive ways to slag off the BB signing by comparing him to the best striker in the league.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Wonder if Lambert will stick with them and attempt to see the job through when they go down or carefully stage manage his departure by placing strategically timed soundbites in the local press about "This Club has to decide where it wants to go" to curry favour with the fans before walking out?

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wonder if Lambert will stick with them and attempt to see the job through when they go down or carefully stage manage his departure by placing strategically timed soundbites in the local press about "This Club has to decide where it wants to go" to curry favour with the fans before walking out?

From what I've seen, the fans are incredibly fairly behind a man with a worse record than the horrendously poor record that Hurst was fired for. They have fallen for his soundbites and gimmicks. Paying for a coach to come up here to see another limp display and defeat, and losing his discipline today in a fit of "passion" both got full marks. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

From what I've seen, the fans are incredibly fairly behind a man with a worse record than the horrendously poor record that Hurst was fired for. They have fallen for his soundbites and gimmicks. Paying for a coach to come up here to see another limp display and defeat, and losing his discipline today in a fit of "passion" both got full marks. 

Darren Bent was interviewed on Talksport last night (former Ipswich player) and was full square behind Lambert as well saying he needed to rebuild the side with players who had the same commitment as him. Lambert is either one of the biggest confidence tricksters the game has seen or the unluckiest man ever with his choice of Clubs.

My money's on the former. 

• Like 3

Its quite odd how they have fallen for the PR that Lambert spews, especially when you consider his past with Norwich - you would have thought he would have been given shorter shrift than just about anyone else. He has previously said he will stay if the club get relegated but I am still not convinced that he could somehow muster up some kind of falling out (that isnt his fault) and that he had no choice but to leave. On the flip side, leaving would just cement the reputation he has got for not being in jobs long and would make it difficult for him to get gigs at this level again.

Staying would be best for all involved but I really cannot see it being easy for Ipswich to get back up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lambert has said he will stay at the club and Evans said on 17th/18th January that Lambert and his staff will stay for next season despite whatever happens over the rest of the summer. 

Lambert wants to restructure the club playing staff. it will be major rebuilding job player staff wise. I suspect it will be major rebuilding job. 

also recently Ipswich owner Marcus Evans has taken on a more of hands on role

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35297/town-confirm-lambert-and-staff-will-stay-even-if-blues-go-down

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes fans are behind him massively. 

no they haven't falling for his sound bites and gimmicks but they seen a manager who has a similar views to them. 

Hurst wasted 5 mil pounds on league 1 players. who weren't good enough for Championship quality football

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lambert is a spoofer, but I can understand why the owner wants him to stay and fans are unwavering in their support. The reality is if they sacked him and then got the next appointment wrong, they are in very didgy territory. Lambert has some good stuff on his cv from the past and better the devil you know. 

I dont think Ipswich need another manager change. 

Everyone thought Hurst would be good appointment and look at how that turn out. 

Lambert knows what he need for next season in terms of player recruitment. I think he will about 10 signings. 

After he left Stoke people thought Rowett would be better and didnt despite spending over 30/40 mil. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think Ipswich need another manager change. 

Everyone thought Hurst would be good appointment and look at how that turn out. 

Lambert knows what he need for next season in terms of player recruitment. I think he will about 10 signings. 

After he left Stoke people thought Rowett would be better and didnt despite spending over 30/40 mil. 

Agree it would be pointless changing manager now as they are relegated - no chance they are staying up. Might as well start preparing for League 1 now, the only issue would be whether PL really will stay on despite what he said. 

At least they have plenty of League 1 players already but most were taken after a miracle one-off season at Shrewsbury and shown they are certainly not good enough for the Championship right now. 

Still reckon we should try and swoop for Gwion Edwards once they have gone down.

At the moment it seems as though the intention is for Lambert to stay on post relegation. Hence we see the PR coming from Ipswich about 'our gaffer' Paul Lambert and the usual stuff from him about what a brilliant club it is, how he is going to to do x, y, z, how great the fans are etc.

I suppose after the way things went with McCarthy and the outright hostility between him and some supporters they'll love having a manager telling them what they want to hear.

Lambert's now in a tricky position, he probably knows he won't get a better club than Ipswich if he leaves as his spells with Stoke and Ipswich have been very poor results wise, yet his ego may struggle to take ending up as a League One manager. If he walks out he'll struggle to get back into the Championship, so he really needs to stay and get them back up, but that will be easier said than done, I don't think their squad is as strong as ours/Wigan's was last season and I think they'd struggle this season up against Sunderland, Barnsley, Portsmouth etc.

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Agree it would be pointless changing manager now as they are relegated - no chance they are staying up. Might as well start preparing for League 1 now, the only issue would be whether PL really will stay on despite what he said. 

At least they have plenty of League 1 players already but most were taken after a miracle one-off season at Shrewsbury and shown they are certainly not good enough for the Championship right now. 

Still reckon we should try and swoop for Gwion Edwards once they have gone down.

There was uproar when we were 'beaten' to Ellis Harrison too!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lambert has said he will stay at the club and Evans said on 17th/18th January that Lambert and his staff will stay for next season despite whatever happens over the rest of the summer. 

Lambert wants to restructure the club playing staff. it will be major rebuilding job player staff wise. I suspect it will be major rebuilding job. 

also recently Ipswich owner Marcus Evans has taken on a more of hands on role

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35297/town-confirm-lambert-and-staff-will-stay-even-if-blues-go-down

Yes fans are behind him massively. 

no they haven't falling for his sound bites and gimmicks but they seen a manager who has a similar views to them. 

Hurst wasted 5 mil pounds on league 1 players. who weren't good enough for Championship quality football

The thing that you  are unwilling to accept is that with the same group of players, barring signings Lambert has made, his results have been even WORSE than Hursts. Theres no dressing that up. Whatever his "views are" whatever that means.

You say he knows what he needs in terms of recruitment but what is that even based on. Hes brought in a lorry load of loans and players on short term contracts. They have not made a positive impact on results and ultimately are not a symptom of a manager with a plan in terms of next season, as playing them (Will Keane and Callum Elder are total crap and not an improvement) is at the cost of players who are contracted there long term, quite a few of which are proven in League 1.

Seems that as long as the manager tells them what they want to hear, as @JHRover points out, that comes before getting good results to Ipswich fans.

Not to get lost in my post, my main 2 points are that:

- His record is factually worse than Hurst

- He is not building for next season with all of these short term signings

Seemingly it is impossible for you to put your personal bias towards him to one side and judge him on the job hes doing. He might be a nice bloke but hes a woeful football manager.

• Moderation Lead

Ipswich will have to have an overhaul if they go down anyway, that usually happens. 

Hardly surprising they were beaten yesterday, even with it being their local rivals, Norwich are top of the league and Ipswich are rock bottom.

I agree with JH Rover re Lambert, if he doesn't stay there, he will struggle to get another job ever again really. He's now got a reputation as a bit of a quitter, so he needs to rebuild said reputation by staying somewhere a while and doing the business. Whether he sticks around to make that happen or not remains to be seen.

Either way, Ipswich are doomed and have been for quite some time. 

It all comes back to the fact that the Ipswich fans should have been careful what they wished for when they hounded out Mick McCarthy, who ironically would have been one of the only managers that could have rescued them from the mess Hurst left them in. 

• Like 2

If you look at the top of the league one table we really got out of that league at the right time. Sunderland, Luton, Barnsley, Portsmouth and Charlton all decent sized clubs at that level and all performing fairly strongly. Makes automatic promotion for Ipswich next season very difficult as a minimum of 2 of those will still be in the league. 

19 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

If you look at the top of the league one table we really got out of that league at the right time. Sunderland, Luton, Barnsley, Portsmouth and Charlton all decent sized clubs at that level and all performing fairly strongly. Makes automatic promotion for Ipswich next season very difficult as a minimum of 2 of those will still be in the league. 

Add to that two of Reading, Bolton, Rotherham and Millwall. Also Peterborough are usually fairly strong at that level. Ipswich will find it very tough in my opinion - especially as their owner doesn't flash the cash much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffRover said:

Yeah, last season there was us and Wigan, by far the best equipped of clubs in that league with by far the biggest budgets, then the Shrewsbury anomaly, and other than that the rest were way behind us.

Looking at it this season the top 6 or 7 seem to be further away than the rest but more closely bunched together, any only really Luton are unexpectedly there. I think Barnsley, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton would have been strongly tipped to get a top 6 slot. I wouldn't have fancied our chances looking at that pack.

I don't like Luton but I kind of hope they do it and get promoted, just because I would see Sunderland, Portsmouth or Charlton as a bigger threat next season, whereas Luton might struggle more. It would also be funny to see Sunderland fail to go up.

• Like 1

Lambert is a complete quitter, a fake. He couldn't be bothered to go for the long term here, and used our mental owners as an excuse, couldn't get a reasonable Stoke squad to achieve anything and is now getting worse results than the previous manager. If or when he quits Ipswich, he can only hope for some job in the Chinese 3rd division or as a pundit on a foreign satellite channel.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing that you  are unwilling to accept is that with the same group of players, barring signings Lambert has made, his results have been even WORSE than Hursts. Theres no dressing that up. Whatever his "views are" whatever that means.

You say he knows what he needs in terms of recruitment but what is that even based on. Hes brought in a lorry load of loans and players on short term contracts. They have not made a positive impact on results and ultimately are not a symptom of a manager with a plan in terms of next season, as playing them (Will Keane and Callum Elder are total crap and not an improvement) is at the cost of players who are contracted there long term, quite a few of which are proven in League 1.

Seems that as long as the manager tells them what they want to hear, as @JHRover points out, that comes before getting good results to Ipswich fans.

Not to get lost in my post, my main 2 points are that:

- His record is factually worse than Hurst

- He is not building for next season with all of these short term signings

Seemingly it is impossible for you to put your personal bias towards him to one side and judge him on the job hes doing. He might be a nice bloke but hes a woeful football manager.

so its not the same group of players is it? Majority of Hurst's signings aren't playing or good enough. 

Why don't you take the time to speak to Ipswich fans and get their views on Lambert and why so many are behind? But you refuse to do so? wonder why cos you wont like the answers. 

lorry load of loans and players on short term contracts? he signed 7 players, 3 permanent signings and 4 loans. hardly a lorry load is it. 

Wasn't Elder signed on loan cos Knuzden was set to leave but his move never happened. Will Keane is better than what Hurst signed forward wise. 

Collins is an experience player, Judge is on short term contract but if he does well there he signed a longer deal. like a trial to a longer deal. sensible especially with his injury record. 

who proven in league 1? 1 season of doing well isn't proven IMO. Looking at their squad for next season https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kadernaechstesaison/verein/677 

I would be selling Jackson, Huws, Rowe, Roberts, Skuse and Harrison. 

Then signed between 10 to 12 new players including a complete new back 4 and 3 strikers. 

Lambert and their owner both said Lambert is there for long haul. wont get a better job IMO at the stage of his career

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so its not the same group of players is it? Majority of Hurst's signings aren't playing or good enough. 

Why don't you take the time to speak to Ipswich fans and get their views on Lambert and why so many are behind? But you refuse to do so? wonder why cos you wont like the answers. 

lorry load of loans and players on short term contracts? he signed 7 players, 3 permanent signings and 4 loans. hardly a lorry load is it. 

Wasn't Elder signed on loan cos Knuzden was set to leave but his move never happened. Will Keane is better than what Hurst signed forward wise. 

Collins is an experience player, Judge is on short term contract but if he does well there he signed a longer deal. like a trial to a longer deal. sensible especially with his injury record. 

who proven in league 1? 1 season of doing well isn't proven IMO. Looking at their squad for next season https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kadernaechstesaison/verein/677 

I would be selling Jackson, Huws, Rowe, Roberts, Skuse and Harrison. 

Then signed between 10 to 12 new players including a complete new back 4 and 3 strikers. 

Lambert and their owner both said Lambert is there for long haul. wont get a better job IMO at the stage of his career

I hate to speak like Rafa Benitez but I am dealing with facts here.

Hurst got sacked after 9 points from 15 points, an embarrassingly low number of points, and was deservedly sacked.

Lambert has since taken the same squad that Hurst had, presumably expecting at least some sort of improvement on Hursts sorry points total. He has since gone on and accumulated 9 points from 16 games. Why does he deserve any longer in the job?

On top of the squad that Hurst had, which he has got even less from than Hurst got, he has been able to bring in 7 players (two thirds of a team essentially) on short term deals. Losses in their last 4 games suggests that his work in the transfer market has not improved them at all.

Further to this, the work he is doing is very short term. Judge seemed a good signing before he stuck him out wide every week. Will Keane is dog shit, Callum Elder is dog shit, Dawkins is dog shit, and any minutes they play are done neither to the benefit of the short term or the long term, which they wont be around for, Neither will Collins, Quaner or Bree next season.

I have no care for Ipswich fans opinions, their opinions have proved to be meaningless with how they see McCarthy. I only care about results. Lambert might talk a good game, he did here, banging on about what hes learnt in Germany etc, slagging off the job that previous managers or owners have done to curry favour, paying for coach travel as a gimmick to take the spotlight slightly away from the fact that his team is losing every week by showing what a lovely man he is.

I am giving you why I think Paul Lambert is very lucky to still be in a job, in cold, hard, black and white facts. Talking to biased supporters would not make a difference to my opinion. My opinion is solely based on point accumulation, and it is pretty water tight based on what I have said above.

The fact of the matter is, you are refusing to acknowledge that Lamberts record with the same players Hurst add with some of his own players on top is even worse than his predecessor. For me, if Hursts record warranted dismissal, and it did, so equally does Lamberts. End of.