BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

38 minutes ago, DE. said:

In fairness it was the first half where we were abysmal, we did improve in the second half but still looked useless going forward. Dack wasn't playing though which largely explains that. I don't think we can call ourselves unlucky in that match considering we got two penalties! We let in two very poor goals and if you can't keep it tight at the back you'll never get anywhere, as history has proven time and time again. It's an area Mowbray doesn't seem to consider important which is a big concern. 

Thought the opposite, as I thought it was ridiculously against the play for us to be 2 down. We were all over them until the second went in (which was about the 25th min?).

It would have been daylight robbery for us to lose that game. We weren't lucky at all. Don't care how the goals came. Seem to remember the pens being completely legit too, but not sure this long later.

Agree with major concern about TM's lack of interest in improving our horrendous defence.

• Backroom
12 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Norwich rolled over at Deepdale. No shock there really. 

I noticed yesterday that, much like us, Norwich are shipping more goals than their position can allow long term. I think they've conceded the most out of the top 9! Obviously they've been scoring a lot which keeps them up there, but much like with Rovers when those goals stop coming so frequently the tumble down the table begins... all great sides build from the back. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Reading living up to their billing as the worst team I've seen in this league by going 2 down inside 17 minutes. It beggars belief that we've given up 4 points to them.

I thought Sheff Utd might play some of their lesser players in the starting line-up allowing Reading to stay in the game and grow in confidence.

But no, they've started on the front foot and crushed a poor team's hopes from the off. How strange.

Just now, Husky said:

I thought Sheff Utd might play some of their lesser players in the starting line-up allowing Reading to stay in the game and grow in confidence.

But no, they've started on the front foot and crushed a poor team's hopes from the off. How strange.

Too be fair we could have been 2 or 3 up there the other night if we could finish our chances. 2 goals for Madine. If they go up in the auto’s it could be down to bringing him in, in January. Take a bit of the pressure off sharp. Difference maker.. We needed someone to take the pressure off DG and didn’t get anyone, who knows what difference that could have made to our season which is now dead in the water.

33 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Reading living up to their billing as the worst team I've seen in this league by going 2 down inside 17 minutes. It beggars belief that we've given up 4 points to them.

Four points dropped and four goals conceded.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Butty said:

Too be fair we could have been 2 or 3 up there the other night if we could finish our chances. 2 goals for Madine. If they go up in the auto’s it could be down to bringing him in, in January. Take a bit of the pressure off sharp. Difference maker.. We needed someone to take the pressure off DG and didn’t get anyone, who knows what difference that could have made to our season which is now dead in the water.

If we'd have played our best players, they might have taken those chances.

• Like 2

Just now, CP Company Lad said:

Kemar Roofe out for 6/8 weeks with ligament damage. Great news. Just start getting players back after long lay offs and bang. Brown and Bamford need to step up now and avoid any niggles as I think both are a bit soft. 

On a brighter note Jack Clarke been given the thumbs up to return to training this week.

Thanks for the update - we've all been wondering the latest state of play regarding injuries at Leeds.

• Like 2