BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Image, style and results were the issue. Along with the fact he kept falling out with players and the media in Ireland. 

Just no. I have a season ticket and while we haven't the players we had in the early 00s,what O'Neill over saw in the last year to 18 months was pathetic. Trapattoni at least was honest and said the player were limited, but at least he had us well organised and played to our strengths. I could not identify any discernable tactics or even formation at times under O'Neill. 

He played Cyrus Christie centre midfield and refused to play Doherty from Wolves. For God sake the guy called Williams up!! He is also to blame for not bringing Rice into the set up and actually capping him in a competitive game. 

I can understand why him and Keane could get a bounce there with their club history, but one way or another it will end with the fans dispising his style of football. He makes Big Sam look like Guardiola. 

You have a season ticket for the Eire football team?

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Completely agree with the above but that's the media not lampard.

I'm not saying he warrants the levels of praise more than other managers, some of who are doing a better job, I just personally believe he will be a good manager in years to come

I wonder how much Derby are paying Ashley Cole?

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I wonder how much Derby are paying Ashley Cole?

Reportedly 10 grand a week until the end of the season for a proven , once world class left back. So that's 60 grand. Compare that to the 7 million plus wages for brereton to be scoring against Doncaster u18s am not sure what your getting at

Huffed and puffed but disjointed. Created a couple of very good chances to score but lacked composure. Out of our hands now. We have to hope that Norwich or Sheffield United have a little wobble as we have been having.

Bottom line is if you struggle to beat Bolton at home and lose to QPR who have lost 7or8 on the spin then what fuckin hope have you got. Well March will be the month that decides it. 

Leeds,Leeds are falling apart again :(

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Husky said:

Not such great news for us tonight with the mighty Leeds United bottling it at QPR and also Sheff Wednesday winning.

Doesn't really matter now. We're going to finish somewhere mid-table, and when you're in the no man's land below 12th it doesn't really matter where you finish as long as it isn't in the relegation spots. I think we'll finish either 17th or 18th, just ahead of Wigan and possibly Stoke as well.

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

I actually still think we will.

Woof woof.

Come on then fella, let's pony up with a wager to make things interesting.

I already have my bet with a Wigan pal for who finishes higher of us two. 

Would be fun to have something going at the other end of the table as I check the scores each week. 

For a charity bet, a quick Google of sites that have easy donation options that are provable gives me:

Disability Sports Yorkshire (If I lose)

Blackburn Food Bank (If u lose)

What you willing to stump up for a couple of worthwhile causes?

£20 or £30? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Reportedly 10 grand a week until the end of the season for a proven , once world class left back. So that's 60 grand. Compare that to the 7 million plus wages for brereton to be scoring against Doncaster u18s am not sure what your getting at

Uh I’m not getting at anything. Just wondered?

you want to keep off that brexit thread pal, it’s making you cynical lol

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Doesn't really matter now. We're going to finish somewhere mid-table, and when you're in the no man's land below 12th it doesn't really matter where you finish as long as it isn't in the relegation spots. I think we'll finish either 17th or 18th, just ahead of Wigan and possibly Stoke as well.

Don't be such a Mowbray. We must fight right until the end for that 17th place.

If we manage to hold off a big city like Stoke it will be a great achievement. T-shirts will be printed in 'Asian' sweat shops (in Manchester) to commemorate the occasion and along with the Brereton scores an overhead kick in training ones we'll all be spoilt for summer fashion choices.

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Come on then fella, let's pony up with a wager to make things interesting.

I already have my bet with a Wigan pal for who finishes higher of us two. 

Would be fun to have something going at the other end of the table as I check the scores each week. 

For a charity bet, a quick Google of sites that have easy donation options that are provable gives me:

Disability Sports Yorkshire (If I lose)

Blackburn Food Bank (If u lose)

What you willing to stump up for a couple of worthwhile causes?

£20 or £30? 

You willing to bet £30 you finish higher than us mate ?

Make it £30k if you want :unsure:

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Assuming he means if you go up automatically - or maybe even at all.

I actually meant win the league, cos that is what he has proclaimed confidently for about 5 weeks now. 

But it's all for a bit of fun and good causes, so I would probably stretch to automatic.

Anyway,  he's bottled it so no matter. Must be something they put in the water in Yorkshire, or maybe he's wearing a white shirt today. ?