BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Makes you realise just how much dosh is required just to run a football club day to day at Championship level.

It doesn't seem like Anderson has or has ever had anywhere near the level of cash required to bankroll a loss making club. It seems his plan was to get control of a club for a relatively low price, get the finances into better shape before selling them on for a tidy profit.

Can't really have any sympathy for him nor anyone else that buys into a Championship club as it is clear what the costs are. Also no sympathy for those who buy top division clubs, wreck and relegate them and then get lumbered with tens of millions of losses every year.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, philipl said:

I cannot  see Rotherham getting to 44. Look at their fixtures. 

One of Reading or Rotherham might make it to 40-42 points, but I can't see either getting beyond that and it's almost impossible to think of both of them getting any further. 

• Backroom

If Bolton had their game called off would that result in a points deduction similar to the famous Boro virus against us?

It should be treat differently to a game being off for weather etc 

• Moderation Lead

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/a-note-from-the-chairman/

"I have decided to continue to financially support the club until someone else comes in and have today (Wednesday) told payroll to process the staff salaries and to pay any amounts due to the police and others to ensure that the Millwall fixture and future games go ahead,"

Isn't that nice of him?

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

"I have decided to continue to financially support the club until someone else comes in and have today (Wednesday) told payroll to process the staff salaries and to pay any amounts due to the police and others to ensure that the Millwall fixture and future games go ahead,"

Isn't that nice of him?

Almost like he's the owner of the club and responsible for these things! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Isn't that nice of him?

He's making it out like he's doing them a favour by paying them. Hopefully he is there on Saturday to really feel the wrath of the fans.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He's making it out like he's doing them a favour by paying them. Hopefully he is there on Saturday to really feel the wrath of the fans.

An absolute shyster of the highest order and still hasn’t apologised for what he’s done. Shameless.

• Backroom

Sounds like Bolton will Weasel out of it yet again.

Apparently two bidders are fighting for ownership of them and the EFL are going to help out by rushing through the sale 

I’d rather they not go extinct but really hope they get relegated  

Just now, Tom said:

Sounds like Bolton will Weasel out of it yet again.

Apparently two bidders are fighting for ownership of them and the EFL are going to help out by rushing through the sale 

I’d rather they not go extinct but really hope they get relegated  

I've been quite surprised by the language the League have used in relation to Bolton. They've made it very clear that they're prepared to go to significant lengths to help Bolton and get their takeover through quickly. Usually in the case of takeovers they are silent on the issue until the deal is done and they've been waved through the 'fit and proper' test.

I half wonder if this is because Bolton are truly on the precipice and there's a real risk of them not finishing the season if they don't get an injection of cash quickly. The League will go to great lengths to try and protect their image and reputation, particularly when it comes to media and commercial deals, and the prospect of a member of the Championship failing to complete fixtures or going bust probably worries them.

I hope they go down and don't come back for a long time. They've got away with it for too long now and it isn't fair on those clubs who pay their debts and bills that some clubs are allowed to continually get away without paying up.

I’ve no real beef with Bolton. They have some good fans and they see themselves as Lancastrians and hate United.

I sympathise, even though not many fans in general sympathised with our plight, in that they are owned by someone who doesn’t have the football team’s best interests at heart. It’s not right that the league allow these things to happen in the first place. If rumours I’ve heard are true then the EFL too are complicit.

That said, it’s not right - as a club - that they are allowed to get away with these kinds of tricks. Yes, ultimately the staff and fans would suffer most from relegation but then so would Rotherham or Reading fans. As it happens they are almost certainly down anyway but if by some fluke they were to stay up, it would be a travesty.

It’s also not right for the EFL to get involved in massaging any takeover through. If Bolton were to go bust - perish the thought - the ripple effect would see a conference side make it into League Two and be hugely boosted. This should be an organic change, not a synthetic one. The fact that the EFL are meant to be smoothing the way though means that they want to sweep this under the carpet before any uncomfortable questions are aimed in their direction.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I’ve no real beef with Bolton. They have some good fans and they see themselves as Lancastrians and hate United.

I sympathise, even though not many fans in general sympathised with our plight, in that they are owned by someone who doesn’t have the football team’s best interests at heart. It’s not right that the league allow these things to happen in the first place. If rumours I’ve heard are true then the EFL too are complicit.

That said, it’s not right - as a club - that they are allowed to get away with these kinds of tricks. Yes, ultimately the staff and fans would suffer most from relegation but then so would Rotherham or Reading fans. As it happens they are almost certainly down anyway but if by some fluke they were to stay up, it would be a travesty.

It’s also not right for the EFL to get involved in massaging any takeover through. If Bolton were to go bust - perish the thought - the ripple effect would see a conference side make it into League Two and be hugely boosted. This should be an organic change, not a synthetic one. The fact that the EFL are meant to be smoothing the way though means that they want to sweep this under the carpet before any uncomfortable questions are aimed in their direction.

Bolton fans were more than happy to dance on our grave and rub our noses in it when we were relegated from the PL. Even if they do have some sound fans, they weren’t so sound with us....

Just now, K-Hod said:

Bolton fans were more than happy to dance on our grave and rub our noses in it when we were relegated from the PL. Even if they do have some sound fans, they weren’t so sound with us....

I remember Wigan being worse.

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

And they glorified Venky's. I have no sympathy at all for them. What goes around comes around for them and their club which isn't even in Bolton.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

When I was a kid Bolton away was always the game with the most hassle, the walk from the station to Burnden park was a nightmare. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Like 5