BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom

Been quite fun watching Nixon do his speciality and reinventing everything on twitter regarding the Bolton takeover.

He also named the likely Bradford manager as someone else an hour before Bowyer was confirmed 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

When I was a kid Bolton away was always the game with the most hassle, the walk from the station to Burnden park was a nightmare. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

That is so true. Was it railway end or embankment opposite the lever end at Bolton was a nightmare. They got both us and Burnley down to the hundreds in away support. You had to fight to get there get in and get out.

8 hours ago, rigger said:

When I was a kid Bolton away was always the game with the most hassle, the walk from the station to Burnden park was a nightmare. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

So true. A very unsavoury place to go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boroblue said:

That is so true. Was it railway end or embankment opposite the lever end at Bolton was a nightmare. They got both us and Burnley down to the hundreds in away support. You had to fight to get there get in and get out.

The 'Warby' boys used to congregate underneath the Warburtons Bread sign at the top of the Embankment. As as 15 year old I remember them pretty much as grown men and being chased back to the train station. On the train back there were lots of stories of fighting evidenced by cuts and bruises.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It will be interesting to see what time the Bolton game kicks off in April ??

I didn't see any trouble today or hear of any , when Bolton come to town there will be ...

I believe it went off at the Brown Cow after the game

Pretty decent results for us today. With QPR failing to win (and Wigan losing) that season saving 17th place is still very much ours.

Millwall lost. It's better than it was looking 2 hours ago. RESULTASTIC! COYB!

Edited by Husky

1 minute ago, Husky said:

Pretty decent results for us today. With QPR failing to win (and Wigan and Reading only gaining 1 point on us) that season saving 17th place is still very much ours.

A quadruple whammy with Millwall losing. It's better than it was looking 2 hours ago. RESULTASTIC! COYB!

Reading are 3-2 up I think. Our season isn’t over by a mile yet

Just now, darrenrover said:

Reading are 3-2 up I think. Our season isn’t over by a mile yet

Yeah, but as I said a while back. Teams below us are playing each other so they can't all go on winning runs (as well as the fact they are playing decent teams going for promotion - such as Rotherham today). We won't need another point to stay up.

We will however need to pick up points to stay in 17th.

It's still a good day for us (obviously discounting our own result).

Just now, Husky said:

Yeah, but as I said a while back. Teams below us are playing each other so they can't all go on winning runs (as well as the fact they are playing decent teams going for promotion - such as Rotherham today). We won't need another point to stay up.

We will however need to pick up points to stay in 17th.

It's still a good day for us (obviously discounting our own result).

Hope you’re right come May! Thank god for January!

WBA have won once in their last 8 home games - the worst record in the league. Today they could only draw with Ipswich. If that carries on they might not make the Play-Offs and they've got arguably the best squad in the league.

23 West Bromwich Albion D 2-2 v ASTO.. W 2-0 v WIGA.. D 1-1 v SHEF.. D 1-1 v NORW.. L 3-2 v MIDD.. D 2-2 v NOTT.. L 1-0 v SHEF.. D 1-1 v IPSW.. 8 1 5 2 11 11 0 8
Edited by blueboy3333

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Darren Moore sacked with West Brom in 4th

Everything that’s wrong with modern football now, and probably society.

Whatever happened to being given time? Saying that, they’re currently sat fourth- he didn’t exactly need time to turn things round did he? They were already in a bloody good position! 

My iniatial recations was that it was madness to sack a manager sat in 4th at such a crucial stage of the season. However if you look at it as rovers sat in 4th at this stage last season with our squad and budget, whilst I wouldn't advocate a change at this stage of the season, you can understand slightly why the WBA fans are annoyed albeit in a far more difficult league

• Like 1

Ridiculous sacking.

How often do relegated clubs just bounce straight back up at a canter?

They’d have had a good chance in the playoff lottery but now I hope they cock it up royally and become the new Villa

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Disgraceful scene at Birmingham where a home supporter has run onto the pitch and swung a punch at Jack Grealish. And almost as bad lots of Birmingham fans were cheering.

Very true , 12 point deduction and other penalties coming Brums way ...Come on Villa !!

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1