BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom

EFL released a statement saying that they condone the attack on Grealish.

I don’t think the word means what they think it did!

Theyve released an updated one and they now condemn it

Relegation watch:

If Rovers lose the next 10 games...

QPR need 1 win

Reading and Wigan need 2 wins and 2 draws

Millwall and Rotherhad need 4 wins

You have to think we are safe but it could be an embarrassing end to the season.

• Like 1

Well that's pretty nasty, I reckon he'll get a lifetime ban and a short spell in prison, maybe 28 days.

Not quite as bad as the incident at Ewood 40 + years ago, when a fan ran on and punched the QPR keeper flat to the ground,

I think he was their reserve keeper and he was playing out of his skin on the night, Rovers were well on top, but could get

nothing past him.

I don't remember the incident being picked up much by the national media as no tv cameras at the ground in those days.

Don’t have much sympathy for the brum fan but if he’d have done it to me outside a pub and a policeman witnessed it he’d probably get arrested (unless the Bobby’s shift was coming to an end) but almost certainly wouldn’t be sent to prison.

And had a Birmingham player punched Grealish in exactly the same way he’d be sent off banned by the fa but I’d be very very surprised if he was ever arrested let alone jailed. 

42 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Well that's pretty nasty, I reckon he'll get a lifetime ban and a short spell in prison, maybe 28 days.

Not quite as bad as the incident at Ewood 40 + years ago, when a fan ran on and punched the QPR keeper flat to the ground,

I think he was their reserve keeper and he was playing out of his skin on the night, Rovers were well on top, but could get

nothing past him.

I don't remember the incident being picked up much by the national media as no tv cameras at the ground in those days.

Don't remember that one , I remember a dart throwing incident against Chesterfield one night early seventies ...

26 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Don’t have much sympathy for the brum fan but if he’d have done it to me outside a pub and a policeman witnessed it he’d probably get arrested (unless the Bobby’s shift was coming to an end) but almost certainly wouldn’t be sent to prison.

And had a Birmingham player punched Grealish in exactly the same way he’d be sent off banned by the fa but I’d be very very surprised if he was ever arrested let alone jailed. 

The aggravating factor is he has already broken the law just being on the pitch. Then he has committed premeditated assault, probably abh, in HD in front of thousands of viewers.

He could get six months but will probably be fined and have a community order imposed, with a 5-year football banning order.

The thing is, how long will it be before somebody enters the field of play with a knife. How none of the stewards got to him before he could reach a player is another reason Birmingham should be culpable as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The aggravating factor is he has already broken the law just being on the pitch. Then he has committed premeditated assault, probably abh, in HD in front of thousands of viewers.

He could get six months but will probably be fined and have a community order imposed, with a 5-year football banning order.

The thing is, how long will it be before somebody enters the field of play with a knife. How none of the stewards got to him before he could reach a player is another reason Birmingham should be culpable as well.

One of their stewards even appears to have kicked Grealish. Can't imagine Birmingham City will be winning "stewards of the year" awards.

Then again it is the EFL.

The only sanctions they don't deserve at the moment is UEFA's corrupt nonsense. Sadly they have probably played right into UEFA's hands because people won't be feeling too sympathetic towards them at the moment.  

Edited by Vinjay17

• Backroom

I reckon if I walk into a shop or post office and sucker punch someone working there from behind a prison sentence would be considered. 

Sky made a good point, if it resulted in Grealish being subbed then the game should have been called off; the bills could have been sent to yon mon! 

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

I reckon if I walk into a shop or post office and sucker punch someone working there from behind a prison sentence would be considered. 

Sky made a good point, if it resulted in Grealish being subbed then the game should have been called off; the bills could have been sent to yon mon! 

Reckon if I walked into a shop or post office and sucker punched someone they would probably just laugh.

Mike Tyson I'm not. 

Edited by Vinjay17

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd love to see both sets of players just kick the shit out of him for a good few minutes. Maybe then idiots would think twice about approaching elite athletes and throwing punches.

And I include the rovers fan that did it against burnley

Ssssh we got away lightly with that one. 

Had a brief look at this Bolton takeover situation and it seems like the Davies family might be holding it up. They want a 5 million loan repaid that Davies gave them just before he died. Now some people are blaming Ken Anderson (saying that he took 500k of the loan for himself) but are the Davies family just looking out for themselves? I couldn't think of a bigger insult than comparing someone to another family and maybe I'm paranoid for that reason. Davies wrote off virtually everything else though and now he's dead are his family picking the bones so to speak? 

EDIT-I've seen Davies' daughter commenting on Twitter and she's been mentioning the club and her Dad. Something which another family would never do. So maybe I'm wrong but how many children did Davies have? If Anderson has been using the loan for his own interests I can understand their point as well. As I say for some reason selfish families touch a nerve with me but you can't just judge someone on a few mins research either. 

Edited by Vinjay17

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

The authorities will want to make an example of him.

Just listening to Radio 5-----Birmingham have the worst record for arrests last season---95, no-on else comes close. got to say that backs up my assessment when 

I've been there.

Interestingly Top 5 for arrests all come from the Championship. Sheff Utd were second in the honours list and Villa were also in there.

Can't remember the other 2.